If there is a hell, where is it?

Helioform

Star
A possible candidate would be the center of the Earth. Revelation book says that hell is a lake of fire, which is pretty much like the core of the Earth; a globe of liquid burning iron.

Also that would disprove that the Earth is flat.

Personally, I'm more a believer in Dante's Inferno 9 circles of Hell.

Thoughts?

Edit: Oops posted that in the wrong section.

Last edited:

Modo Rising

Rookie
Nah man, none of the above. I've just been there, hell, was lucky to come back relatively un-scathed. The local supermarket man, people panic-buying food for NYE, like the apocalypse is coming or something, it was outrageous. And I gotta say, and I'll apologise first, to the ladies that frequent these parts', but what the hell is it with certain woman and food shopping this time of year that turns them into raging, whirling dervishes? I was almost taken-out twice, and I'm 6'1" and around 14 stone.

Yeah, lucky to survive hell I was.

Be careful out there, it's a jungle!

;)

Modo Rising

Rookie
Surely Hell must be a negative dimension that exists within the parallel dimensions that make-up the full spectrum of consciousness, and un-conciousness, come to think of it. I'm convinced that the idea of Hell being below us is in direct contrast to the idea of when seeking enlightenment it is a state the exists above 'us', to move 'up' to enlightenment. I'm of the opinion that for the positive Ying there has to be a direct and opposite negative Yang, the nature of balance that seems to be a true law in this set of universal rules that govern our very being. What we decide to call it, and our idea of who reside in such a place is neither here nor there, to this simple mind anyway. I'd like to think that this soul does not get to experience such a place.

Vixy

Star
Nah man, none of the above. I've just been there, hell, was lucky to come back relatively un-scathed. The local supermarket man, people panic-buying food for NYE, like the apocalypse is coming or something, it was outrageous. And I gotta say, and I'll apologise first, to the ladies that frequent these parts', but what the hell is it with certain woman and food shopping this time of year that turns them into raging, whirling dervishes? I was almost taken-out twice, and I'm 6'1" and around 14 stone.

Yeah, lucky to survive hell I was.

Be careful out there, it's a jungle!

;)
LoL!

Although that desperate for food is interesring. Ive noticed that many women I know eat every 20 minutes and get hysterical when they don't get their food. It doesn't seem normal. Not even infants eat that often.

Vixy

Star
I'm torn between the center of the earth and another dimension. But those who have been there and have come back say its another dimension where you feel pain and everything much more intensly. So imagine torture under those forms.

Could it be another dimension but located inside the earth? We have speculations on where Gods heaven is, the third heaven, so why not this? Came to think of those russian scientists in siberia who drilled the worlds deepest hole to investigate the earths core and found screams from hell.

jewels

Established
Not much a bible reader, so the bible may describe it as being a physical place and I'm not aware of it.

BUT, I believe that it may not be a physical place but more so a state of mind?

Aero

Superstar
Yes Hell is another dimension. And given what we know from theoretical physics, we aren't very far from it. So a person right next to us could be in hell, and we might not know it. Their own personal hell I mean. Like their mind or spirit gets sucked in and trapped. A cycle of abuse is one example of such a hell.

The symbolism there is striking to me. But what about all the implications? Even if you could save them, they might not want to be saved. This is what I've learned from a ton of different types of human interaction. The average person is so wrapped up in their own bullshit. That few things you do will matter one bit. And if you don't fall into the mind traps. Congrats, you are better than average. Yay us!

Plus there are plenty of people out there, trying to pull others into their own hell. Wtf? Idk how to explain those types of people. Misery loves company isn't just a clever phrase. For some reason it's 100% true. Maybe someone smarter in these things can explain it to me. Because I'm definitely a narcissist. But pulling people into hell is the last thing I would want to do. So it's more than, or deeper than a narcissist thing.

elsbet

Superstar
Yes Hell is another dimension. And given what we know from theoretical physics, we aren't very far from it. So a person right next to us could be in hell, and we might not know it. Their own personal hell I mean. Like their mind or spirit gets sucked in and trapped. A cycle of abuse is one example of such a hell.

The symbolism there is striking to me. But what about all the implications? Even if you could save them, they might not want to be saved. This is what I've learned from a ton of different types of human interaction. The average person is so wrapped up in their own bullshit. That few things you do will matter one bit. And if you don't fall into the mind traps. Congrats, you are better than average. Yay us!

Plus there are plenty of people out there, trying to pull others into their own hell. Wtf? Idk how to explain those types of people. Misery loves company isn't just a clever phrase. For some reason it's 100% true. Maybe someone smarter in these things can explain it to me. Because I'm definitely a narcissist. But pulling people into hell is the last thing I would want to do. So it's more than, or deeper than a narcissist thing.
Parasites. Psychic vampires.

Great post, btw.