Idiots Guide To The Nwo

Haich

Superstar
Thanks Paranoia Daily very insightful, I'm especially alarmed by the start of the infographic where it details the elimination of education, property and the family unit

London house prices are ridiculous, the tiniest 1 bedroom flat is on average around £390,000 where I live. I'm talking the tiniest apartment, 1 bed and 1 bath with a tiny open plan kitchen.

Education too as I'm sure you're all aware is costly now. I probably shouldn't complain because we have the access to loans but it's £9500 per year to study at undergraduate level.

Need I say more on the family unit? People can't afford a home and are married to their careers. Living expenses and income don't equate so we're working harder and longer hours but are still out of pocket.

A can of coke costs £1.50 in some areas. A can!

Maybe I'm being hyperbolic but I really don't remember times being this tough and things being so inaccessible and expensive.

In the 90s a can of coke was 35p! I'm sure brexit and inflation are other factors but it's still frustrating to live here

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
I feel ya....I can remember when I was a kid a Pepsi would cost you like $.25...Now they are going from $.99 to $1.69 in some places....And your right education is costly...I attended college in the late 90's and could only manage two semesters because of the expense then...Have considered going back but hell a 40 week course is $6000.00! WTH! I do not have to worry about rent thank goodness as my home is paid for but you still have insurance, taxes, repairs and all that can and does get costly especially when you don't make anymore than I do....

I plan on retiring next year and am just trying to hold on till then.

The Zone

Star
Well, they pretty much also say religion is bogus so they sort of lost me there. But the inflation has simply tightened giving us less options and sucking all of folks earnings. You realize quickly that doing without that coke sold from a cooler is a bad deal based on addiction to instant satisfaction. One of my goals is to get off soft drinks where I am a Diet Mountain Dew addict. Anyhow, death by a thousand cuts and a slow noose is around our collective necks. We have been slaves in a sense for a good while and who is to say that we live life as it was truly intended. I liked the graph, but just think some of the take is up for question.

Haich

Superstar
Unfortunately I succumbed to temptation and took out a loan at 19 to pay for my bachelors. Honestly with the job market in London prioritising experience over education I'm not much better off than those that went to work straight after high school.
Still paying off my university debt and I'm 26 but it acquires interest and I have expenses like my car and home etc so yh I'm pretty much a slave to the pound for now

DesertRose

Superstar
Thanks PD That looks like an interesting site to check out!
Haich I sympathize, I always warn my kids regarding interest bearing loans. I would rather people took on second jobs or better still take less courses and stay away from this bondage

Lurker

Star
Thanks PD That looks like an interesting site to check out!
Haich I sympathize, I always warn my kids regarding interest bearing loans. I would rather people took on second jobs or better still take less courses and stay away from this bondage
I'm not sure how one could do less courses as universities pad the pockets with useless classes. I'm sure when my grandfather got his MS, all his classes were science related sans some writing. If he were to go today, I'm pretty sure he'd have to take African-American underwater basket weaving, or some other nonsense.

Paranoia Daily

Veteran
Thats where they suck your ass in with these BS courses that have nothing to do with why your there.....Its just a way to pad their pockets....A lot like politicians running for office I would say.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
How would they destroy the concept of family?

Is it attained by creating policy of long work hours for the parents and feminism?