I wanna hear your opinions on Lil Nas X

imsickofyoshi

Established
How someone come outta nowhere, get so famous so fast? Yea the song was catchy but it's kinda worn out now. I wanna see some new work from him. I wonder what genre is he gonna be in? Do you think the whole country vs hip hip was another racial psy op?

Aero

Superstar
Well, I'm pretty sure there have always been one hit wonders. So it's a bit early to come out and say "Illuminati confirmed". Plus I don't follow country music at all. But I kind of feel like there's probably been other genre cross-overs.

mecca

Superstar
The song Old Town Road became popular because it's a funny song and it turned into a meme. Things like this are always popular on the internet.

imsickofyoshi

Established
Well, I'm pretty sure there have always been one hit wonders. So it's a bit early to come out and say "Illuminati confirmed". Plus I don't follow country music at all. But I kind of feel like there's probably been other genre cross-overs.
I was holding back my thoughts until I saw him on the pics of the month. Looks like he is just getting started with them

Aero

Superstar
I was holding back my thoughts until I saw him on the pics of the month. Looks like he is just getting started with them
Fair enough.

I think that the dynamics of the industry can chew people up and spit them out though. I mean the industry tries to hand out more crowns than "Game of Thrones". Everyone can't be the King of Pop, or Rock or Country. I'm just saying something is off there, having a million kings and queens defies physics or something.

Everything we know, or would ever come to know would crumble if there were a million kings. There simply isn't enough space in our perception of the world. Plus I would go so far as to say even in the Astral plane, a million kings are never going to get together and hang out. Yes, I can just see all the astral rap battles now.

imsickofyoshi

Established
Another one hit wonder I'm sure. Who probably sold their soul for a contract. He is signed with Columbia. We see it all the time.
I wonder if your a one hit wonder does the illumianti still have a stronghold on you or do they let you go? (like soulja boi)

I mean If they wanted to put Soulja back in the spotlight could he say "f off Im free" or is he still owned even if he hadn't done anything for awhile

4ft3rm4th

Rookie
The song Old Town Road became popular because it's a funny song and it turned into a meme. Things like this are always popular on the internet.
This, plus it's super simple and don't forget the controversies that added to the publicity.
I wonder if your a one hit wonder does the illumianti still have a stronghold on you or do they let you go?(like soulja boi)
Let you go? The kid has been on probation for as long as I can remember. Btw, where is Soujia Boi atm?

imsickofyoshi

Established
This, plus it's super simple and don't forget the controversies that added to the publicity.

Let you go? The kid has been on probation for as long as I can remember. Btw, where is Soujia Boi atm?
Last I heard, he was trying to rip off Nintendo consoles.

Scars512

Established
Maybe it is because I am old, but I don't get the attraction of this song. At all. I thought it was cringe worthy from the very beginning. It also may be because I like country music (don't judge me) -- well, the traditional kind. Not the new stuff. And certainly not Billy Ray Cyrus. Besides, I wouldn't even consider this in the country genre. More like a parody of the country genre.

I could maybe see it trending as a funny video (even though I don't find it funny at all), but why would anyone listen to it on the radio? Musically, it is pretty crappy song.

There have been hip hop and country collabs before (like Nelly and Florida GA line), so this isn't ground breaking.

I thought it was the worst of a generally bad lot, until I found a weird one which I had never seen before and must have been proof that Tammy Wynette was senile in her old age. So, Old Town Road is at least better than this one:

TruthSucker

Established
How someone come outta nowhere, get so famous so fast? Yea the song was catchy but it's kinda worn out now. I wanna see some new work from him. I wonder what genre is he gonna be in? Do you think the whole country vs hip hip was another racial psy op?
I have to intervene here for a second: this has nothing to do with Hip Hop. I'd say this is Trap-Pop.

Just because an artist is black and rhymes, it's not Rap.

"My life is a movie
Bull ridin' and boobies
Cowboy hat from Gucci
Wrangler on my booty"

Yeaaahahahaha.

"I write this with fingers
Shootin' up some stingers
Laughin all my ass up
This is just some trash talk"

Yeah, under 1 minute of thinking. That's mine, just if you asking. I'm not even an english native tongue.

"I make ya famous, turn around and make ya nameless
Cause you never understood how vital to me this rap game is"

That's his, just if you asking:

Sorry but I have to defend Hip Hop.