I dont know what to believe anymore

Karlysymon

Superstar
You make some valid points, Rainerann in that Freud may have paved the way to psychology and psychologists due to the field being less than 150 years old. I’m in agreement that the process of psychoanalysis has probably helped many and may be today’s meta-cognition, although, I think that’s where Freud’s usefulness ends. Freud has been quoted as saying, while coming to the US with Carl Jung here and here, “We are bringing America the plague”. Apparently, his goal was to destroy Christianity and the Christian culture, thereby, interpreting any issue as some sort of sexual repressed thought.

One of his first cases of treating Little Hans is a perfect example of how Freud’s independent diagnosis. Writing letters back and forth with the father of five year old Hans, Freud identified the boy’s fear of horses was due to rivaling his own father for his own mother’s sexual attention (source). I’m sure this is why it is strongly suggested Freud was in love with his mother. Not to mention that his ideas were just that, ideas. His diagnoses weren't based on any controlled/uncontrolled environments. Freud was simply interpreting information the way he saw fit. Seemingly, much of what he interpreted all had to do with sexual repression. Where he obtained that information, I’m not exactly sure, but considering Freud was Jewish, it would not surprise me if he was a practicing Talmudist.
@rainerann
(did you completely forget about this link? You posted it when the Oedipus complex came up in our discussion at vf )
@Orwell's mentor, you are vindicated!

"Freud came from a Hasidic family and always asserted his Jewishness, joining B'nai B'rith in his later years
....he saw psychoanalysis as a 'metamorphosed extension of Judaism'.........Some of Freud's borrowings from Judaism seem to have been even more direct — During his lifetime, a guest once
found seminal books on Jewish mysticism in Freud's personal library. The links between psychoanalysis and Judaic religion, both direct and
indirect, are recognized by many scholars.

There's more...

...We are told there is a
movement afoot to make
pederasty (child-adult sex)
socially acceptable and legally permissible. Researching the issue, we find that many dominant voices on both sides of the controversy are Jewish. How is this possible? Which voices speak for the core values of Judaism? Our questions are not prompted by idle curiosity,
but by social concern. America (and the world) is
rapidly becoming Talmudized, and we should understand the direction in which our social policies are moving.