Human pet peeves

I am highly curious of all of your personal pet peeves about other humans. What makes YOU tick about behaviors of others, could
be personal relationships friendships or just random thingso_O:eek:

Dalit

Star
1. Not using a turn signal when turning or coming to a dead stop to make a turn when it's not necessary (usually on a right turn).
2. Tailgating (while driving, not the kind with chilling before a football game).
3. Cutting someone off or preventing someone from merging onto the freeway.
4. Like @JoChris stated, irritating noises, especially constantly clearing your throat. But maybe some people just have more phlegm.
5. Spraying air freshener liberally or using smelly cleaning products. It's too strong.

Okay, I'm sensitive to smells and noise since I sometimes have migraines and the last one I had made me wonder if I could die from the pain :-(

And have never liked rude drivers and try not to be one myself. I loved visiting Colorado because the drivers were so polite! Contemplated moving there and probably would've if it weren't so far from my family. They let you merge in Colorado. My kind of people.

Lurker

Star
Taking pets with you to the store. Bicyclists - in the road not on a trail or sidewalk. Using the turn lane to get ahead. Not stopping for lights when it can be done safely. Thoughtless people - ex. Saw a guy jogging with a baby stroller in the bike lane! People congregating in front of doorways. People that call to see if you're hiring. My answer is always no. People in general.

Dalit

Star
Taking pets with you to the store. Bicyclists - in the road not on a trail or sidewalk. Using the turn lane to get ahead. Not stopping for lights when it can be done safely. Thoughtless people - ex. Saw a guy jogging with a baby stroller in the bike lane! People congregating in front of doorways. People that call to see if you're hiring. My answer is always no. People in general.
Congregating in front of doorways is a good one. See that happening a lot at the gym, stores, etc.

Using the phone, as in having conversations, in a public restroom. Umm, sweetie, you're on the toilet. This is a time to do your business. It makes a woman look like she's talking to herself or wanting an audience. I don't get it.

JoChris

Superstar
I am highly curious of all of your personal pet peeves about other humans. What makes YOU tick about behaviors of others, could
be personal relationships friendships or just random thingso_O:eek:
I saw a few photos on news.com.au that reminded me of a fad that has been happening for way too long.... disfiguring tattoos.

Not just an arm or leg etc that can easily be covered up e.g. for work. Actual repulsive tattoos.

1576211980050.png

1576212247837.png

Those two are whingeing they can't get a job.
They obviously don't have much common sense. Why should potential employers take the risk?

Lisa

Superstar
My husband can’t stand people who go in a door or leave out a door and just stand right there in the way and now that he’s pointed that out it bothers me too, haha

free2018

Star
1. Not using a turn signal when turning or coming to a dead stop to make a turn when it's not necessary (usually on a right turn).
2. Tailgating (while driving, not the kind with chilling before a football game).
3. Cutting someone off or preventing someone from merging onto the freeway.
4. Like @JoChris stated, irritating noises, especially constantly clearing your throat. But maybe some people just have more phlegm.
5. Spraying air freshener liberally or using smelly cleaning products. It's too strong.

Okay, I'm sensitive to smells and noise since I sometimes have migraines and the last one I had made me wonder if I could die from the pain :-(

And have never liked rude drivers and try not to be one myself. I loved visiting Colorado because the drivers were so polite! Contemplated moving there and probably would've if it weren't so far from my family. They let you merge in Colorado. My kind of people.
May I suggest never spending much time in Florida.

free2018

Star
1. Gossip? Why are you talking to me about someone else's travails? Is it because you are better than him? You're better than her?
2. Unreliable people. " Let's go do this!!" And we never do it.
3. Rude people-- especially in customer service. Go work somewhere else.
4. Excessive sarcasm. Just express your anger. The condescension just makes me wanna tell you to go @#$% yourself.
5.Fairweather friends. Most people you think are your friends fall in this category. Just don't get sick. Don't have any bad luck. You'll find out quickly who they are.

Edited.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
1. Gossip? Why are you talking to me about someone else's travails? Is it because you are better than him? You're better than her?
2. Unreliable people. " Let's go do this!!" And we never do it.
3. Rude people-- especially in customer service. Go work somewhere else.
4. Excessive sarcasm. Just express your anger. The condescension just makes me wanna tell you to go @#$% yourself.
5.Fairweather friends. Most people you think are your friends fall in this category. Just don't get sick. Don't have any bad luck. You'll find out quickly who they are.

Edited.
#3 is a bit iffy for me. Having worked in customer service as a vehicle detailer, sometimes explaining why we cannot get a car cleaned due to weather, man power etc. Having to remain composed even when you want to rip into a customer with every swear word imaginable.

Now I do expect generosity, but I do understand when a worker is probably having a bad day, so I as a customer try to ease as much pressure off of them.

Other than that, I agree with your list lol

Maes17

Superstar
People who say things like "on fleek"
People who can't take an L
Anyone easily embarrassed.
Fake sugar
Abnormally large feet
Tongue rings
The fake sugar thing is really hard to avoid. I’m an avid consumer of donuts and energy drinks and the occasional coke zero now and then :p

DevaWolf

Veteran
People who take their noise everywhere they go, with speakers on their scooters and stuff
People who are loud in general
People who peep in front of you in stores
People who destroy public property like bus stops
Superficial people who can only do small talk
Narrow minded people who are never open to new ideas

But that's it basically. I'm fairly tolerant.

free2018

Star
#3 is a bit iffy for me. Having worked in customer service as a vehicle detailer, sometimes explaining why we cannot get a car cleaned due to weather, man power etc. Having to remain composed even when you want to rip into a customer with every swear word imaginable.

Now I do expect generosity, but I do understand when a worker is probably having a bad day, so I as a customer try to ease as much pressure off of them.

Other than that, I agree with your list lol
Yeah, I hear you, but I moved from a very polite town overseas to a town where people are generally rude and nasty. I've been dealing with the rudest people in the US for many years.