Human Head Transplant??

Aero

Superstar
Something worth considering is that energy alone could not be a first cause. Petrol will release energy when poured on a car and lit but unless that energy is fused with the engine, you just end up with am explosion! Energy + matter + time = everything? How about Energy + Matter + Information (logos) = everything?

It struck me while studying a Computer Science MSc after doing biology for my first degree that the life science department had a really weak grasp on information theory and that no-one in information science had much time for 'the blind watchmaker'...
Well right now the two main theories which provide the framework for "everything" right now is General relativity, and Quantum field theory. But these two theories aren't really compatible with each other. Only one theory can be right in any experiment.

Neither of these theories can explain the birth of the Universe. For that they are looking to String Theory. Pretty sure they theorize that at the beginning the 4 fundamental forces where unified as one force. I guess they blew up. Idk if most people here believe in the big bang theory or not. But we can still witness background radiation from said big bang.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well right now the two main theories which provide the framework for "everything" right now is General relativity, and Quantum field theory. But these two theories aren't really compatible with each other. Only one theory can be right in any experiment.

Neither of these theories can explain the birth of the Universe. For that they are looking to String Theory. Pretty sure they theorize that at the beginning the 4 fundamental forces where unified as one force. I guess they blew up. Idk if most people here believe in the big bang theory or not. But we can still witness background radiation from said big bang.
Hi Aero,
You sound educated so I suggest you check out the 'Axis if Evil' relating to the CMB for some interesting implications for the Copernican Principle...

Ps - just to help... http://www.theprinciplemovie.com/evil-axis-evil/

Last edited:

mecca

Superstar
So, I am very skeptical that a head transplant has the potential to improve quality of life. Treatment in 21st century healthcare should be focused on becoming less invasive and improving quality of life. This doesn't seem like it will be able to do that.
I agree with that.

makeorbreak

Established
God would not have given man the knowledge to do such a thing if it was immoral. When you consider the number of people whose bodies are wasted to the point of not being able to walk due to a spinal injury or a degenerative disease, just think of the freedom this procedure would mean to someone in such a situation. If a person is brain dead but their body is still healthy and useable, they could give the ultimate gift to someone who would love to walk again. God gave us all of the Earth's resources to use wisely. If we dispose of otherwise useable bodies and condemn others to life in a wheelchair or a bed when it is unnecessary, then we are wasting another resource He has given us.

Vixy

Star
So, apparently in december there is going to be a human head transplant
100+ doctors and nurses will be involved and the price is said to be over 11 million for the operation.

What is your opinion on it?
Will it actually work?
Is it morally correct?
And do you think this will bring a better life for terminally ill patients or actually further ruin the society?

tbh i can see the theories coming just like cloning
Oh, they've been able to do this for a couple of years now, mainly to behead christians who refuse revoking their believes when we are gathered in the "FEMA camps". After the beheading by gilliotine, they save the bodies for organtransplant for those marked with RFID that are cleared and out working in society. They have three categories of people: red, Yellow and green.

Red= You're a leader telling people about what's coming and people follow you. (THREAT)
Yellow= You are aware of what's going on but not fighting them.
Green= You're not aware and/or you don't want to know. This category will be chipped.

There are interviews with sldiers working for the U.S military telling about at least 30'000 gilliotines having been bought.