How to Reconcile Christianity With Insane Clown World

Michi

Established
I‘m a new convert to Christianity and so far I have kept my faith separate from what is going on in the world with Corona insanity. I compartmentalized the two things you see?

I don’t know how to reconcile being a Christian and survive in what I perceive to be an increasingly hostile environment.

The apostles and the early Christians were persecuted for their faith. We may be persecuted for our belief in bodily autonomy. It is a different game.

It’s more like Maoist China: a robotic majority turning on a minority and doing what they want with them; the same with modern China and the Uighurs. It’s Communism, tyranny.

1st, this country (US) isn’t Christian. God’s kingdom is not ruled by force or coercion but by free will. I’m in the Bible Belt and these people love the idea of coercing people to put chemical substances in their bodies and want to get rid of them if they don’t. They are hypocrites and f&#*d up in the head. They eat garbage and are fat and rely on the medical industry to prop them up so they can keep eating garbage while they slowly die. They are afraid to die. Nothing Christian in any of that.

That said, I hate them for those reasons. I don’t want them to love me. I want them to leave me the f#*&k alone. But they won’t.

So…if I’m getting this right, God wants me to love those who persecute me, to love my neighbor, and love my enemies; to not fight these people but let them take everything from me and give them what they didn’t take. Have any Christians here gotten to this point of reconciliation? If so, how?

To me, love your enemies means to not let your enemies, problems, temporsry issues in the world break your stream of love towards God.
pray without ceasing”
it means not to let the world take away your love for God, your faith, hope, love, inspiration. Love is best and purest in our prayer to God. To let ignorant people break that is what Jesus didn’t want us to do. His love for God was unbroken on the cross, and he even forgave the ignorance of the people who crucified him.
it doesn’t mean we “love” evil. We love God and forgive evil, we do not resist evil because our energy is being put in having faith in prayer. But Jesus harshly rebuked those who made the temple into a market. And David in the psalms prays aganst evil all the time.
Psalm 58 Do you indeed speak righteousness, you silent ones?
Do you judge uprightly, you sons of men?
2 No, in heart you work wickedness;
You weigh out the violence of your hands in the earth.
3 The wicked are estranged from the womb;
They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
4 Their poison is like the poison of a serpent;
They are like the deaf cobra that stops its ear,
5 Which will not heed the voice of charmers,
Charming ever so skillfully.
6 Break[b] their teeth in their mouth, O God!
Break out the fangs of the young lions, O Lord!
7 Let them flow away as waters which run continually;
When he bends his bow,
Let his arrows be as if cut in pieces.
8 Let them be like a snail which melts away as it goes,
Like a stillborn child of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
9 Before your pots can feel the burning thorns,
He shall take them away as with a whirlwind,
As in His living and burning wrath.
10 The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance;
He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked,
11 So that men will say,
“Surely there is a reward for the righteous;
Surely He is God who judges in the earth.”

We dont love the abortion doctor, we love the baby, we don’t love the murderer and thief, we love our family and protect them from evil like that. To forgive is to not be stained by evil, it’s to let it go and put it in Gods hands.

Lyfe

Star
I‘m a new convert to Christianity and so far I have kept my faith separate from what is going on in the world with Corona insanity. I compartmentalized the two things you see?

I don’t know how to reconcile being a Christian and survive in what I perceive to be an increasingly hostile environment.

The apostles and the early Christians were persecuted for their faith. We may be persecuted for our belief in bodily autonomy. It is a different game.

It’s more like Maoist China: a robotic majority turning on a minority and doing what they want with them; the same with modern China and the Uighurs. It’s Communism, tyranny.

1st, this country (US) isn’t Christian. God’s kingdom is not ruled by force or coercion but by free will. I’m in the Bible Belt and these people love the idea of coercing people to put chemical substances in their bodies and want to get rid of them if they don’t. They are hypocrites and f&#*d up in the head. They eat garbage and are fat and rely on the medical industry to prop them up so they can keep eating garbage while they slowly die. They are afraid to die. Nothing Christian in any of that.

That said, I hate them for those reasons. I don’t want them to love me. I want them to leave me the f#*&k alone. But they won’t.

So…if I’m getting this right, God wants me to love those who persecute me, to love my neighbor, and love my enemies; to not fight these people but let them take everything from me and give them what they didn’t take. Have any Christians here gotten to this point of reconciliation? If so, how?
Gods love is supernatural and transcends what mere humans are even capable of. You in your natural state in the weakness of your flesh are incapable of expressing the sort of love you are speaking of. That is why Jesus gives his people the holy spirit. There are so many things nowadays that quench the holy spirit that its possible to live much of your life completely oblivious and unfeeling to his attitude and disposition. Its easy to ignore God and be dragged away and distracted by the things of this world and live without the power of the holy spirit. That is why you need to pray, fast, seek God, and read his word. These are all things the holy spirit desires and will eventually lead you into doing. The more you submit to his leading and desires the more you allow the fruit of the spirit to dwell within you.

Galatians 5:22-23

Authorized (King James) Version

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Daze

Superstar
I‘m a new convert to Christianity
I've never heard of a convert to Christianity. Its strange to me at least, and in the US no less?

I'm curious what religion you were previously, and what religion were your parents?

Michi

Established
I've never heard of a convert to Christianity. Its strange to me at least, and in the US no less?

I'm curious what religion you were previously, and what religion were your parents?
I was nothing, then pagan. I am from a pagan city, one pagan parent. It caused nothing but destruction. I messed with witchcraft until Jesus intervened.

By the way, I am open to hear from anyone who understands.

Michi

Established
Thank you for your replies. They give me hope.

I fought with it all night and the reality is behind the hatred for these people is fear. I am afraid for my son. He needs us. I am afraid to be taken from him before he can stand on his own.

I asked God for guidance and he provided me with Psalm 27

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.

9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.

11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord

Lyfe

Star
If you just gave your life to Christ I would really reccomend setting aside atleast a couple of hours everyday for God. 1 hour of reading the Bible and another hour for prayer and alone time.

If you do this consistently you will find yourself being changed from the inside out.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There were genuine Christians in Nazi Germany. Under the idea of rendering to Caesar what belongs to him, and to God that which belongs to Him, many people get confused.

At various times in history, unjust regimes have dominated particular cultures, and to obey those laws would lead to breaking Gods. I was going to pass on a study from Roger Price called “The Doctrine of War” which set out a very clear biblical position of how and when to resist evil, but I couldn’t find it on YouTube…

Another good talk on the subject was “Why I am not a Pacifist” by C.S. Lewis…

floss

Star
I was nothing, then pagan. I am from a pagan city, one pagan parent. It caused nothing but destruction. I messed with witchcraft until Jesus intervened.

I can relate because I was literally seconds away from being demon possess and Jesus intervened at the last second to save me. It was such a powerful experiences that led me to believe, without doubt, He is The Almighty Creator.

Regards to what is going on in the world right now and how to overcome it. I believe we need to understand and trust that the end has already been written and we are victorious in Christ, that is guaranteed. We are just going through a temporary war and all tears wil be wiped away in the future. Even if we were to die in our enemy's hand but they repented and get to be part of the Kingdom, that is still worth it. Being a martyrs for the cause of Christ will never be in vain. There are real eternal rewards for our literal sacrifices. God bless you and keep the faith!

My advice is get fellowship when I came to faith I was a conspiracy Christian visiting message boards. Jesus and the apostles encouraged us to go to church and have a family there try to find a good church. In these days you need it. My pastors say themselves they need the church or they wouldn't make it on there own. The holy spirit is where there is 2 or more gathered. It's something I missed and didn't grow in God at all.

phipps

Star
Forgiveness is about the forgiver not the person being forgiven. When we refuse to forgive others who hurt us, we give them permission to keep hurting us. We let what they did to us to eat away at us. When we forgive, we choose to give up the anger, bitterness and resentment. We put the other person into God’s hands and pray for them.

We should never forget that “God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Jesus told us to pray in this pattern in the Lord’s Prayer, “Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors” (Matthew 6:12). Christ explained, “If you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” (verses 14-15).

Forgiveness is not easy especially when we are dealing with people who aren't sorry at all. When we come to Christ, He forgives us and His love and grace softens our hearts gradually. We will have compassion on others, even toward those who offend/offended us. God understands it takes time for some of us to get to that point.

Last edited:

Wigi

Veteran
At first it sound really hard to do but that's in a time like this where you need to pray and sing a song of praise to God because once you surrender everything to Him, literally nothing can touch or hurt you anymore.
I think the whole point of following Christ is to have no room left for your ego that desires for revenge and seek hatred toward your enemies and we have to hold on until we're only filled with God's presence which is the Holy Spirit.

Pray, Sing, ask for guidance, seek sanctification, the world can't touch you if you persevere in that.

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be."
Revelation 22:11‭-‬12

suuuuuuuure