How to divest from the system

justjess

Superstar
How about stop complaining about capitalism—that thing that allows people to have the freedom to own a business. With a little self-reflection, you will see what I mean lol.

On a side note about attending school... Education is important, otherwise people may never learn the difference between “your” and “you’re.”
How about... reading comprehension?

if I own a FOR PROFIT business and suggest others do the same how is this an anti capitalism post?

and yes education is important - do you feel the public school system is doing a good job educating your kids? Sorry I don’t proofread forum posts, it’s not that serious. Do you have anything to add other then personal jibes? Are you happy with the system as is? Do you feel you should be on board with it 100% and if so - why are you on this site?

Aero

Superstar
Isn't it great how pointing out glaring problems with the system get brushed aside as "complaining?"

Maybe some of you are used to bending over and taking it, but some of us still have our balls. So instead of trying to appease the millions of sabotaging dirtbags out there, we choose to fight back. And @Maes17 was spot on when he said people just want to enjoy watching a rat-race.

What I'm wondering is how is being in a rat-race ok with anyone? It's like some of you seem to like disrespect. Also, nobody said fighting back was ever going to be easy. Even if you astral project, the problems don't all magically vanish.

justjess

Superstar
Isn't it great how pointing out glaring problems with the system get brushed aside as "complaining?"

Maybe some of you are used to bending over and taking it, but some of us still have our balls. So instead of trying to appease the millions of sabotaging dirtbags out there, we choose to fight back. And @Maes17 was spot on when he said people just want to enjoy watching a rat-race.

What I'm wondering is how is being in a rat-race ok with anyone? It's like some of you seem to like disrespect. Also, nobody said fighting back was ever going to be easy. Even if you astral project, the problems don't all magically vanish.
For some people... no matter what I post they will take issue with it only because it was me that posted it. It is what it is. I’ve read other posts from these same people and they aren’t happy with the system either - they will just pretend to be long enough to disagree with my thread.

this isn’t an anti capitalism post. It’s an anti system post. Capitalism in and of itself isn’t the problem. They way it’s implemented in this particular country (and many others) is. I’m not asking for a Corrupt government or system to “take care of me” as a solution. I’m looking to solutions outside the system entirely, which if anyone actually read what I said (8 know YOU did) very much involves me taking care of myself - even above and beyond the level I did so when I was still actively engaging with the system completely.

and your right, this wasn’t a complaining post at all. Exactly the opposite. I’m tired of complaining. It’s a pointless waste of time. I want to actively DO SOMETHING about those complaints instead. Nothing worth doing is easy. Never has been, never will be. If something is coming easy to you your probably being screwed on some level and you don’t even realize it.

screw the rat race... acquiring things just to acquire them or to “keep up with the joneses” is a trap. A carefully executed trap to keep people consuming for the sake of consuming to keep the system going. That is all. I’m trying to acquire things for the sole purpose of exiting the system at this point. Freedom is expensive. I’ll be damned if I’m going to slave my life away to keep Jeff bezos in business. That’s not anti capitalist - it’s anti asshole. I have zero issue giving my money to small and/or local business. There are different levels of system.

Aero

Superstar
For some people... no matter what I post they will take issue with it only because it was me that posted it. It is what it is. I’ve read other posts from these same people and they aren’t happy with the system either - they will just pretend to be long enough to disagree with my thread.

this isn’t an anti capitalism post. It’s an anti system post. Capitalism in and of itself isn’t the problem. They way it’s implemented in this particular country (and many others) is. I’m not asking for a Corrupt government or system to “take care of me” as a solution. I’m looking to solutions outside the system entirely, which if anyone actually read what I said (8 know YOU did) very much involves me taking care of myself - even above and beyond the level I did so when I was still actively engaging with the system completely.

and your right, this wasn’t a complaining post at all. Exactly the opposite. I’m tired of complaining. It’s a pointless waste of time. I want to actively DO SOMETHING about those complaints instead. Nothing worth doing is easy. Never has been, never will be. If something is coming easy to you your probably being screwed on some level and you don’t even realize it.

screw the rat race... acquiring things just to acquire them or to “keep up with the joneses” is a trap. A carefully executed trap to keep people consuming for the sake of consuming to keep the system going. That is all. I’m trying to acquire things for the sole purpose of exiting the system at this point. Freedom is expensive. I’ll be damned if I’m going to slave my life away to keep Jeff bezos in business. That’s not anti capitalist - it’s anti asshole. I have zero issue giving my money to small and/or local business. There are different levels of system.
Yeah, I've noticed some people will refuse to listen to certain women. It makes me angry, like how a person can be reduced to a punchline. I would feel dirty if I treated people like that. Of course, I'm not a saint, but my biggest vices pale in comparison to the serial misogynists of the world.

I think you brought plenty to the table here. Taking care of ourselves is the number 1 thing we should be going. That's why I've been working out lately and trying to put serious effort into my unhealed trauma. It's like how could I be self-sufficient when I've treated my body like a train wreck?

Agreed that nothing truly valuable comes easy. I have projects I've put years into. But still feel doubt clouding my mind at times. And even if I am getting screwed, it was worth it. Because I at least made my own choice and took the chance. That's a lot more than the average sycophant can say.

I'll have to do some research on small businesses near me, though. I'm pretty sure there's more than Amazon, and Walmart, even in the hicktown I live in.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah, I've noticed some people will refuse to listen to certain women. It makes me angry, like how a person can be reduced to a punchline. I would feel dirty if I treated people like that. Of course, I'm not a saint, but my biggest vices pale in comparison to the serial misogynists of the world.

I think you brought plenty to the table here. Taking care of ourselves is the number 1 thing we should be going. That's why I've been working out lately and trying to put serious effort into my unhealed trauma. It's like how could I be self-sufficient when I've treated my body like a train wreck?

Agreed that nothing truly valuable comes easy. I have projects I've put years into. But still feel doubt clouding my mind at times. And even if I am getting screwed, it was worth it. Because I at least made my own choice and took the chance. That's a lot more than the average sycophant can say.

I'll have to do some research on small businesses near me, though. I'm pretty sure there's more than Amazon, and Walmart, even in the hicktown I live in.
It is unfortunate that some people can’t let go of their shit for long enough to get out of their own way but it’s also expected unfortunately.

step one in taking care of ourselves is definately getting physically and mentally healthy. Kudos to you for undertaking those things.. I think a lot of time that stuff gets lost because it’s easier to focus on shiny external “stuff” that doesn’t require so much personal reflection or mental work. Can’t build anything on a crumbling foundation.

we have many small businesses in this hicktown so I’m sure you do too :)

we have a little family owned grocery that charges more than Walmart but atleast I don’t feel dirty after spending money there, plenty of local farms and restaurants and craftspeople... even family owned gas stations (they have my husbands coffee ready and waiting for him every morning - cheaper than dunkin, tastes better too) I haven’t figured out the electronics/toys issue yet though. It seems like it’s only big names in town in those categories. Maybe a thrift store idk. When I get to that level of commitment I’ll figure it out. Just like you will with wherever your at. I think it’s worth a shot.. chip away at it, one little purchase at a time.

Aero

Superstar
It is unfortunate that some people can’t let go of their shit for long enough to get out of their own way but it’s also expected unfortunately.

step one in taking care of ourselves is definately getting physically and mentally healthy. Kudos to you for undertaking those things.. I think a lot of time that stuff gets lost because it’s easier to focus on shiny external “stuff” that doesn’t require so much personal reflection or mental work. Can’t build anything on a crumbling foundation.

we have many small businesses in this hicktown so I’m sure you do too :)

we have a little family owned grocery that charges more than Walmart but atleast I don’t feel dirty after spending money there, plenty of local farms and restaurants and craftspeople... even family owned gas stations (they have my husbands coffee ready and waiting for him every morning - cheaper than dunkin, tastes better too) I haven’t figured out the electronics/toys issue yet though. It seems like it’s only big names in town in those categories. Maybe a thrift store idk. When I get to that level of commitment I’ll figure it out. Just like you will with wherever your at. I think it’s worth a shot.. chip away at it, one little purchase at a time.
Lol, that first line isn't a dig at me, is it? Maybe I'm paranoid, or I'm feeling like going on a warpath.

I'll assume the line was collateral damage. And the reason it hurts a little bit is related to what you wrote in your second paragraph. Your comment just reminded me of all the people who constantly say I'm not doing enough. It's like, what the fuck else do people want me to do?

Perhaps my case is more conceptualized as people constantly getting in my way; then, when I push them back, I'm now some evil monster with bad karma. Sorry if I seem pissed, but IDK how else to respond. Ignoring people would be a good strategy, except that I already mind my own business.

On that note, I'm going to save up more money and buy a farm. And I don't even like farming that much; I'm only doing it to get away from douchebags and the people who require douchebags.

justjess

Superstar
Lol, that first line isn't a dig at me, is it? Maybe I'm paranoid, or I'm feeling like going on a warpath.

I'll assume the line was collateral damage. And the reason it hurts a little bit is related to what you wrote in your second paragraph. Your comment just reminded me of all the people who constantly say I'm not doing enough. It's like, what the fuck else do people want me to do?

Perhaps my case is more conceptualized as people constantly getting in my way; then, when I push them back, I'm now some evil monster with bad karma. Sorry if I seem pissed, but IDK how else to respond. Ignoring people would be a good strategy, except that I already mind my own business.

On that note, I'm going to save up more money and buy a farm. And I don't even like farming that much; I'm only doing it to get away from douchebags and the people who require douchebags.
Never a dig at you. I have no reason to dig at you. None whatsoever. You’ve always been fine with me and I enjoy our conversations. I was pissy based on other posts and I apologize if you got the impression that it was directed at you.

as for the last paragraph.. took the words right out of my mouth.

Aero

Superstar
Never a dig at you. I have no reason to dig at you. None whatsoever. You’ve always been fine with me and I enjoy our conversations. I was pissy based on other posts and I apologize if you got the impression that it was directed at you.

as for the last paragraph.. took the words right out of my mouth.
Thanks for clearing that up. I keep having encounters with sneaky-ass women. And I know your not that type, but I'm starting to feel like I'm attracting that kind of attention. Maybe the old cliche that opposites attract is true.

In my book, being sneaky is like taking a loss. I see those types as letting shame and fear control the outcomes of their lives. So it goes back to what I've said previously about people choosing comfort over raw power. Obviously, these aren't the types who will want to divest from the system.

My advice to some of these women would be, go for what you want and don't apologize to anyone. There's clearly some universal law at play here. It's like if you want a man or woman who can carry the heaviest burdens, there is a price to pay. The same goes for divesting from the system.

justjess

Superstar
Thanks for clearing that up. I keep having encounters with sneaky-ass women. And I know your not that type, but I'm starting to feel like I'm attracting that kind of attention. Maybe the old cliche that opposites attract is true.

In my book, being sneaky is like taking a loss. I see those types as letting shame and fear control the outcomes of their lives. So it goes back to what I've said previously about people choosing comfort over raw power. Obviously, these aren't the types who will want to divest from the system.

My advice to some of these women would be, go for what you want and don't apologize to anyone. There's clearly some universal law at play here. It's like if you want a man or woman who can carry the heaviest burdens, there is a price to pay. The same goes for divesting from the system.
Shady sneaky people suck period. I agree completely. They are the reason for my response tone and the reason why you took it like that. I can assure you that you will never get that coming from me because I just am not like that. Too blunt probably, but I’d rather that than shady or sneaky

Aero

Superstar
Shady sneaky people suck period. I agree completely. They are the reason for my response tone and the reason why you took it like that. I can assure you that you will never get that coming from me because I just am not like that. Too blunt probably, but I’d rather that than shady or sneaky
Yeah, ignoring me after going schizo on me is a bit shady. I must have hurt her by accident, plus her parents don't seem to like me much.

It's like, oh, Hi, mom and dad. Let me introduce you to my new scarface gangsta boyfriend. LOL, I'm sure they are bowled over. Anyway, I try to see from the perspective of others, so I get it. People get pulled in multiple directions, and it's hard to be blunt when they are confused about their own feelings.

If her parents knew what I bring to the table, then I'm not doing my job. And there's probably not a more blunt way to put it. This is my message to her parents. Look, mom and dad. I love you, and I'll be there for you. But don't start questioning things that are far beyond you.

justjess

Superstar
Sorry your going through that. Doesn’t sound fair. As a parent I can say... sometimes we just don’t “get it” but a grown ass woman shouldn’t be making decisions based on her parents probably.

Maes17

Superstar

You don’t have to do anything to appease anyone.
Focus on you and those you care about. If the end result, you have shelter, are happy and healthy then you’re living.

We all disapprove the rate race system here. I don’t work to keep up with the jonses, I work to acquire my set up into retirement. I have the necessities and foundation for a functional home gym. Now I can focus on money to invest in educating myself on greenhouse cultivation.

All this doesn’t fall on deaf ears. I thank justjess and all the members here who provide these alternative ways of living. Too many people fall into debt, lose homes.

Last year I took out a bunch of unsecure personal loans. Sure my good conscious wants to repay the creditors for taking a risk on me. But at the end of the day it’s unsecure debt that I chip away at and won’t hurt me other than a credit score. But the more you divest, what does a credit score even mean?

Maes17

Superstar
Some may have their own buisness but chemtrails poisoning us , nuklear stations ruining our lands and they have Delta, ISIS to kill us physically. Guys we have to choose a side because their goal is to killl 90% of us.
Well if that happens, I’m going down fighting.
If you guys do a funeral for me. Instead of a headstone, I want a 45lb weight plate. No crying either. I want all rock music, the spiciest new mexican cuisine and if at all possible Hilary Duff as a speaker

Aero

Superstar
Sorry your going through that. Doesn’t sound fair. As a parent I can say... sometimes we just don’t “get it” but a grown ass woman shouldn’t be making decisions based on her parents probably.
Lol, it's fine. I was only annoyed at being ignored. Thanks for letting me rant a bit, I think we are going to work through our problems.

You don’t have to do anything to appease anyone.
Focus on you and those you care about. If the end result, you have shelter, are happy and healthy then you’re living.

We all disapprove the rate race system here. I don’t work to keep up with the jonses, I work to acquire my set up into retirement. I have the necessities and foundation for a functional home gym. Now I can focus on money to invest in educating myself on greenhouse cultivation.

All this doesn’t fall on deaf ears. I thank justjess and all the members here who provide these alternative ways of living. Too many people fall into debt, lose homes.

Last year I took out a bunch of unsecure personal loans. Sure my good conscious wants to repay the creditors for taking a risk on me. But at the end of the day it’s unsecure debt that I chip away at and won’t hurt me other than a credit score. But the more you divest, what does a credit score even mean?
That's a good philosophy.

I need to work on my home gym. I also like the idea of having a greenhouse. BTW don't sweat the loans. If you default, the bank will just sell the debt to someone else, and you will get out of having to pay the interest. Yeah, your credit score will get dinged pretty bad, but you will save money and pay it off sooner by defaulting. Needless to say, credit is one of the screwiest systems ever designed. The whole thing should be overhauled or abolished.

I have good credit too, and still think it's a joke.

Maes17

Superstar
Lol, it's fine. I was only annoyed at being ignored. Thanks for letting me rant a bit, I think we are going to work through our problems.

That's a good philosophy.

I need to work on my home gym. I also like the idea of having a greenhouse. BTW don't sweat the loans. If you default, the bank will just sell the debt to someone else, and you will get out of having to pay the interest. Yeah, your credit score will get dinged pretty bad, but you will save money and pay it off sooner by defaulting. Needless to say, credit is one of the screwiest systems ever designed. The whole thing should be overhauled or abolished.

I have good credit too, and still think it's a joke.
Yeah credit is overrated. Depending how materialistic you are. If you’re simple and happy. Modest house and vehicle are all we need. We wanted a land rover but the wife likes her kia soul.

And speaking of my unsecured debt. My wife could bail me out anytime. She makes good money. But I told her don’t. My reasoning was just to work on the house a lot, buy gifts for my family and myself. My unsecure debt is only $3000 so don’t put yourself in a hole. I’m not saying to fall into debt. I’m just saying if you do, unsecure debt as long as you make monthly payments isn’t a bad thing

The Agrarian

Veteran
1.) Move out of a major urban area.
2.) Be straight/start a family.
3.) GET OFF SOCIAL MEDIA.
4.) Download a VPN (TOR, Nord, ect.)
5.) Pay in cash when feasable.
6.) Shop small and local.