How to become a Christian?

phipps

Star
Do you want to be a Christian? Would you like to be a Christian, but do not know how to begin?

The steps to Christ are few and plain and easy to understand, and we shall just turn to God’s Guidebook (the Bible) now for our information. What must one who would come to God do first of all? The answer is found in Hebrews 11:6: “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Steps to become a Christian.

Believe

We must believe God exists and that He rewards those who seek Him. That’s the first step. But you say: “I don’t have faith. How can I get this faith in God?” Well, here’s the way as described by the apostle Paul in Romans 10:17: “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” The word of God, then, as found in the Bible brings faith when we study it and receive it into our hearts. So begin at once to follow the Bible path.

Repent
Now we come to the second step, which leads us to a change of life. It is here in Romans 2:4: “Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?”

So the second step is repentance. First, belief in God; second, repentance. But you ask, “Are you sure God will forgive me?” The answer to that question is found in 1 John 1:9: “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” We read the same thing in Exodus 34:6-7: “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.”

So you see, our heavenly Father treats us better than we deserve. Yes, He desires to forgive us. “For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

That’s what God’s love and goodness led Him to do for us. So. first of all, we must believe in God. Then we must realize that we are sinners and repent. “Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord” (Acts 3:19).

Now, no one is going to repent if they aren’t sorry for their sins. We read in 2 Corinthians 7:9: “Now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance.” Repentance is simply being sorry for our sins and putting them away. It is not a sorrow for fear of punishment, but a hatred of the sin itself because we know it grieves the heart of God, whether or not we suffer for the sin here on earth. Is it natural for us, of our own selves, to repent? No. In Acts 5:31 we read: “God exalted Him to His own right hand as Prince and Savior that He might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel.”

You know, conviction is not repentance. It is one thing to be awakened at five o’clock in the morning, but it is another thing to get up. It has been said, “Repentance is being so sorry for sin that you quit sinning.”

Across the great Zambezi River in Africa, just below the Victoria Falls, there is a great bridge spanning the chasm over the most terrible turmoil of waters on earth. It was built by engineers working from both sides of the river. They extended on through the single span until the two arms met above midstream, thus completing the bridge.

Repentance and faith are the arms of the bridge that enables us to pass from earth to heaven.They unite to make our salvation possible. Neither of itself is sufficient. We must believe in God and we must repent. It is useless to try to be Christians if we do not repent of our sins. We cannot change ourselves from sinners to believers in any other way. We read in Jeremiah 13:23: “Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.” Repentance is absolutely necessary. One reason why we have such unhappy lives is that we do not repent. Many who carry on a form of Christianity have never truly repented, and therefore have never been happy in their Christian experience. One reason why some religious workers never have a revival is that they have not repented of their sins—they are still unconverted. Friend, have you repented? Will you repent?

Revival
Dr. F. B. Meyer tells of a revival meeting that was dragging along with no signs of success. Finally one of the leading elders arose and said, “Pastor, l don’t think we’ll have a revival here as long as Brother Jones and I won’t speak to each other.” Then he went over to Jones and said: "Brother Jones, you and I haven’t spoken to each other for five years. It’s time to bury the hatchet. Here’s my hand.” Just then a sob broke the silence. Another elder arose in the audience and said, “Pastor, I don’t think there will be revival here until I repent. We can’t have revival as long as I say mean things behind your back and nice things to your face. I want you to forgive me.” Soon others arose and confessed their sins and tried to set matters right. It wasn’t long before the revival broke out. Then the blessing of God came upon them and swept over the community for three years.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Continued...

Confess

The next step in becoming a Christian is confession. “Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed” (James 5:16). “He that conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy” (Proverbs 28:13). Confession that leads to the forsaking of sin is the real kind. But, in addition to this, what else is necessary on the part of the repentant sinner? “If the wicked gives back what he took in pledge for a loan, returns what he has stolen, follows the decrees that give life, and does no evil, he will surely live; he will not die” (Ezekiel 33:15).

Real repentance and confession mean not only to stop sinning, but to do everything possible to make right past wrongs. No man can steal ten dollars and expect God to forgive him unless he tries to pay back what he has taken. Otherwise it wouldn’t be real repentance or real confession.

But when a person truly repents and confesses, God forgives, for we have already read in 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Forgiveness is God’s work, not ours. When we confess, we simply believe that God forgives, and He does. That's the end of it. We may or may not feel that our sins are gone, but they are. We are not to depend upon feeling, we are to believe God.

The son of a minister strayed from the straight and narrow way into a life of debauchery and sin. He made a name and great fame for himself in the world of affairs, but allowed himself to slip down to the lowest places. He described his own condition as that of a drunkard, a dope fiend, and a down-and-outer. But, after fifteen long years, he gave God a chance to redeem him and he was gloriously saved. Then he returned home, but only to find that his poor father had died of a broken heart, calling his name, that through all those years his mother had kept a lighted lamp in the window every night and all night.

God has a light in His window for all His wayward children; and, while the lamp holds out to burn, the wandering sinner may return. So we have these three important steps: To believe in God, to repent, and to confess our sins.

Baptism
Now the next step is baptism, and the proof for this found in Acts 2:38-39: “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

The change which comes through faith, repentance, confession of sin, and following the Word of God in all obedience, is called the new birth. Jesus said: “You must be born again” (John 3:7). This is spoken of also as regeneration. It’s new life, a re-creation by the power of the Holy Spirit in the heart of the one who believes. This is not something that we can work up, not a form of psychology. It’s not a by-product of education or culture, but it’s a miracle wrought by the power of the Holy Spirit of God. Then Christ lives His life within us, a life of perfect obedience.

Can we obey in our own strength? No, for in John 15:5 we read, “...for without Me you can do nothing.” But how much can we do with Christ’s help? The answer comes to us from Philippians 4:13: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” But if we do sin after we have made a start for Christ, should we become discouraged and cease to follow Him? Never! We read in 1 John 2:1: “My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

I have a forum that has much more to say about baptism here.

What if I Keep Falling as a Christian.
A saint, or follower of Jesus, is not necessarily one who never sins, but one who, as soon as he does sin, asks forgiveness of God, believes himself forgiven and goes on rejoicing to grow in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord. He may stumble and fall, but he gets up and presses forward again. Such a fall is not counted against him when he repents and asks forgiveness and divine help to live the right life. But he is to grow stronger and stronger. Is it possible to be kept from falling? Jude 24 answers that question: “Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy!”

So we have clearly outlined the steps that we need to take in order to become a Christian: (1) To believe in God, (2) to repent, (3) to confess our sins, (4) to be baptized and obey the Lord.

Todd

Star
Christian = Christ like.

Love the lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself. Matt 22:37-38. Do that and you are a Christian.

Of course without dealing with our fallen sin nature that is easier said then done. Jesus said the way to deal with the sin nature is to pick up our cross daily and crucify the flesh, i.e. not my will be done but God's will be done. What is God's will? See Matt 22:37-38

phipps

Star
Prayer and Bible study.

Part of being a Christian is communicating and getting to know and understand God. We do this by praying and studying the Bible. We have to have a hunger for them. “Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart” (Jeremiah 15:16).

We need to devote time each day to be with God through prayer and Bible study. We should look forward to them. When we love someone, we long to commune with them. Prayer is communication with our Father in heaven. “Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice” (Psalm 55:17). We should talk with Him, seek Him daily, and follow His will in our lives. No issue is “too small” for Him. He especially cares about the little details and isn’t afraid of our “tough” questions. Prayer is our lifeline to Him.

The Bible says to “pray continually” (1 Thessalonians 5:17). And the more accustomed one is to talking to God regularly, the easier and more natural it’ll feel to pray.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Beginning Your Bible Study.

It’s one thing to read the Bible, it’s another to study it. Here’s how to get the most out of your Bible study so you can find freedom, healing and hope in Jesus.

You’ve made the decision—you’re diving in!

The Bible is a unique book. It’s got exciting parts, it’s got boring parts. It’s got weird parts and inspiring parts. It can cut to the heart while also filling you with a new kind of peace. It covers the big picture and also zeroes in on the smallest details that still make a difference. The Bible can affect your life in ways you never thought possible.

“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart” (Hebrews 4:12).

It might feel intimidating to begin your study—just like how it can feel before having to dig into a new textbook at school or begin a new project at work. What’s different about the Bible, however, is that you can take comfort in the fact that it was written for your own benefit.

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7, emphasis added).

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:105).

God wants every single person to get to know Him, experience His love, and understand His will as it’s revealed in the pages of His Word. You can do it. And there are several tools, resources, and even people available to assist you in your journey.

Reading vs. Studying

Did you know that there’s a difference between reading and studying the Bible? King David, stressed the importance of taking in the words of Scripture with care. Check out this little bit of the second-longest Psalm in the Bible:

"How can a young person stay pure? By obeying Your Word. I have tried hard to find You—don’t let me wander from Your commands. I have hidden Your Word in my heart, that I might not sin against You. I praise you, O Lord; teach me your decrees. I have recited aloud all the regulations you have given us. I have rejoiced in your laws as much as in riches. I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways. I will delight in your decrees and not forget your word" (Psalm 119:9-16).

Notice how David includes active ways to regard Scripture. It’s not only for casual reading—it’s to memorize, to meditate upon, to obey. And even to bring us delight as it provides guidance and meaning. The Bible is meant for action.

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).

Last edited:

SkepticCat

Veteran
A really good guide; might be worth transferring to a website for further use. The next big question might be, why become a Christian rather than something else?

phipps

Star
Bible Study 101

So where’s the best place to start? What’s the best reading method to use? How much time should you allow?

Before you get caught up in the details, you might be surprised to find that studying the Bible is not as difficult as you may think.

To help get you on your way, here are ways to prepare for an effective Bible study:

1. Start with Prayer!

Pray that God will give you wisdom and understanding of not only what the Bible means, but how it applies.

Prayer is the first step to connecting with God. It seems logical, then, to begin with prayer before you get into Scripture.

Your prayer doesn’t have to be eloquent, complicated, or perfect. Simply ask God to be with you and to give you focus and wisdom.

2. Set a regular time for Bible study, and guard that time.

The Bible promises: “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8). But we all know how hard it can be to set aside time in our daily lives. Even with the best of intentions, if there isn’t a set-aside time committed to study, it’s a lot more difficult to keep up a consistent program. Find a time that works for you, schedule it on your calendar, and stick to it.

Many have found success with studying the Bible first thing in the morning, before anything else has a chance to be a distraction. But everyone’s different! Pray about it, then be intentional about your time. This kind of study time is often called “devotion” because you’re devoting time to God.

Here are some tips to staying committed with your schedule:

Start small. Just 10-15 minutes gives you time to pray for the Holy Spirit’s guidance, read a chapter, then prayerfully reflect on what you just read. Over time you may want to increase how long you spend in devotions as you get deeper into the Word.

Eliminate distractions. It’s so easy to have emails or texts pinging us before we even get out of bed. There’s also the pressure to get started on the to-do list right away. Because of the hyper-connected society most of us live in, it takes effort and commitment just to set boundaries and have quiet time. But it’s worth it.

Tell others. Let your spouse, parents, siblings, kids, etc., know you need this time to yourself. (That can also help keep you accountable!) Some people also let their friends or coworkers know for that time slot, you won’t be answering emails, texts or calls.

3. Try the “Inductive” Bible study method.

This approach to Bible study is comprised of only three steps:

Observation: What are these verses saying?
Interpretation: What do these verses mean?
Application: What does this passage mean to me?

As you read, first try taking each verse at face value. If that doesn’t seem to fit, look at the chapter you just read as a whole. What is the setting? What is the focus? Who’s talking to whom? Often the answers to these questions can also help you figure out how to apply the underlying principles to your own life.

4. Find a version of the Bible you can understand.

There’s no point in studying the Bible if you can’t understand its basic language. That’s why it’s crucial for you to find a version you are comfortable with. Some recommend actual study Bibles, but keep in mind the Holy Spirit is powerful enough to give you insight and wisdom while using any version of the Bible.

Whichever version you use, it’s important to educate yourself on the different versions available. Test out passages in different versions as see which ones you can best relate to.

These 4 versions are recommended for accuracy and readability for the English language:

New King James Version
English Standard Version
Christian Standard Bible
New American Standard Bible

5. Find quality Bible study tools.

God’s Holy Spirit will give you wisdom and knowledge about what you’re studying, but He doesn’t do the work for you. God knows “doing the work” of Bible study is part of how you internalize what you learn.

There are additional tools to consider, but at a minimum, it’s recommended to have these two resources available as you start your Bible study journey:

A reliable Bible Commentary: A Bible commentary provides input from experts who have studied the history and context surrounding various passages of Scripture that often require further study. Since this is a “man-made” resource, it’s true that expert opinions may vary. But with diligent study, you’ll be able to pick out the patterns and pray for the Holy Spirit’s guidance as you learn more.

A reliable Bible Concordance: A Concordance is like an in-depth index to the Bible. It keeps track of where certain names, phrases, and terms were used and lists the verse references for each of them. Concordances come in handy for topical studies, as it helps you find each place in the Bible the topic is addressed.

6. It’s OK to say “I don’t know.”

The Bible is a heavy-duty book about an all-powerful God with infinite perspective. There will likely be passages that are hard to understand, at least at first. Rest assured God understands, and He’s on this journey with you. If you come across a section of the Bible that leaves you befuddled, take notes. Write down your questions, your concerns, even your fears regarding those verses. Then move on—it’s OK!

While much of the Bible complements itself in piecing together its overarching truths, you don’t need to understand every verse right away, as you’re reading through. The Bible isn’t a novel that requires you to understand everything in chapter one in order to make sense of chapter 2. In fact, it’s even recommended to set one story or section aside for further study, then continuing to study the rest. Just remember to come back to it later.

Also, God will answer your prayers for clarity and understanding about your Bible study, even if it takes some time or growth first. Patience pays off in studying the Bible. Clarity may come in a day, in a year, or through an experience. God’s timing is perfect, and He knows the best way you will learn each principle of the Bible.

Consider the prophet and statesman Daniel, while studying a specific prophecy (see Daniel 10:1-21) became anxious, troubled, and confused—but he didn’t give up. Instead, he was consistent and persistent in praying and God gave him the understanding he was searching for.

7. Find a study buddy:

To get the most out of your Bible study, don’t go it alone! Find a trusted friend, pastor, or other person who is as serious and focused about studying the Bible as you are.

Interestingly enough, Jesus, when sending out His disciples to spread the Gospel, sent them out two by two (Mark 6:7 & Luke 10:1). We were created as relational beings, engineered to “motivate one another” and to “not neglect meeting together” but to “encourage one another” (Hebrews 10:24-25, NLT).

Furthermore, the wise King Solomon wrote about the importance of making sure that you connect with at least one other person:

“Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken” (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12, NLT).

All you need to do is start…

Just like any significant undertaking, sometimes the planning and the anticipation is more intense than the project itself!

Armed with these 7 steps of preparation, however, all you need to do now is begin your study. By starting with prayer and seeking out tools and resources as you need them, you’ll make progress in your knowledge of God’s Word and in getting to know your personal Saviour, Jesus Christ.

The only way to go is up!

TokiEl

Superstar
You become a christian by imitating Jesus Christ.

That's it and that's that.

Don't be a pharisee who study the Script but refuse to come to Christ.

Alanantic

Star
Why not become yourself?

"Religion is for those not strong enough to stand up to the fear of the unknown alone." -- Robert Heinlein

phipps

Star
Why not become yourself?

"Religion is for those not strong enough to stand up to the fear of the unknown alone." -- Robert Heinlein
Its not about religion, its about God, getting to know, understand and having a deep relationship with Him.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Join a Family

Part of becoming a Christian is joining a supportive community that will be helpful on your Christian journey. You want to find a church that you can regularly attend in your area. Remember that Christ accepts everyone, no matter their background. The church represents the Body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23) and should extend the same attitude. Get to know the members and you can do that by joining in some of the church and community activities. There are plenty of thing to do like youth groups, women's ministries, choirs, community services etc. Attending church and being involved gives you the opportunity to learn about the experiences of others and strengthens your faith. Pray that God leads you to the right church that teaches the truth of His Word.

In Acts 2, the Bible says, “The Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.” When you are baptized, you become part of Christ’s body and enter into the church (1 Corinthians 12:20).

A person saying, “I believe in God and want to be baptized, but I don’t want to go to church,” sounds like a man saying to his bride, “I love you; I want to marry you—but I don’t want to live with you.” It’s saying you want the benefits of marriage but not the relationship that goes with it. Part of the Christian experience is having a relationship with a fellowship of believers.

When someone lives as a hermit from society, he or she tends to become eccentric. Isolating oneself from others begins to affect the mind; the brain atrophies. You become socially inept. In the same way, it’s important for Christians to be social with fellow believers in corporate worship and gatherings to avoid becoming spiritually eccentric and inept. Church is part of God’s gift, so Christians should do their very best to find a biblical church in which they can grow into mature members of God’s family (1 Corinthians 12:12-14).

In John 13:35 Jesus says, “By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.” He knew that the love and unity of the church could be a powerful part of our witness to the world in the last days. Conversely, the devil surely realizes that the world would disbelieve by our division. He has been working toward that goal since the beginning.

Think of the devil as a wolf stalking a lamb. He knows that as long as the lamb is with the flock or close to the shepherd, the lamb is safe. But if the wolf can chase and scatter the flock from the shepherd and from one another, he can easily bring down a lamb that has strayed. The devil wants to separate from the flock the lambs (baby Christians who are more vulnerable) so he can destroy them.
As it says in Hebrews 10:25, we need to be firmly committed to corporate worship and assembly-especially “not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.” Do you see the day of the Lord approaching?

Isaiah 66:23 says that even in heaven we will gather to worship before the Lord.

Last edited:

floss

Star
Why not become yourself?

"Become yourself"?
Lmao, who else would I be if I'm not already myself? Sorry it seem like you're just trying to sound smart...

sickgirl15

Established
Do you want to be a Christian? Would you like to be a Christian, but do not know how to begin?

The steps to Christ are few and plain and easy to understand, and we shall just turn to God’s Guidebook (the Bible) now for our information. What must one who would come to God do first of all? The answer is found in Hebrews 11:6: “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
Yes, AND I must add; if you TRULY desire to follow Christ, you must not harbor in your heart and soul hatred and judgment for those who may be unlike yourself: Homosexuals, bisexuals, lesbians, pansexuals, atheists, transgender people, people who choose to be “pro-choice” on the subject of abortion, minorities (any person who’s ethnicity is not Caucasian), women, feminists, those who fall in to bad and unpleasant situations like prostitutes, drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. Jesus Christ was a man who truly loved and accepted ALL living human beings. Fake Christians are abundant, I see these days! They claim to follow Christ, but are extremely judgmental and very disrespectful and hateful to those who happen to be “different” than they are. To me, the phrase “God fearing” sounds absolutely ridiculous. How can you claim to “love” a higher power and “fear” then at the same time? That makes no logical sense to me. All I see in all organized “religion” is a bunch of hypocrisy. You can be spiritual, and live your life as a decent human being who “does as they will, as long as they hurts no one” ( as long as they don’t hurt you). That’s how I live; works for me! I don’t need to be affiliated with any one religion to know I’m a decent person. :)

phipps

Star
Yes, AND I must add; if you TRULY desire to follow Christ, you must not harbor in your heart and soul hatred and judgment for those who may be unlike yourself: Homosexuals, bisexuals, lesbians, pansexuals, atheists, transgender people, people who choose to be “pro-choice” on the subject of abortion, minorities (any person who’s ethnicity is not Caucasian), women, feminists, those who fall in to bad and unpleasant situations like prostitutes, drug addicts, alcoholics, etc. Jesus Christ was a man who truly loved and accepted ALL living human beings. Fake Christians are abundant, I see these days! They claim to follow Christ, but are extremely judgmental and very disrespectful and hateful to those who happen to be “different” than they are. To me, the phrase “God fearing” sounds absolutely ridiculous. How can you claim to “love” a higher power and “fear” then at the same time? That makes no logical sense to me. All I see in all organized “religion” is a bunch of hypocrisy. You can be spiritual, and live your life as a decent human being who “does as they will, as long as they hurts no one” ( as long as they don’t hurt you). That’s how I live; works for me! I don’t need to be affiliated with any one religion to know I’m a decent person. :)
Yes, we cannot be true Christians and be hateful, disrespectful and judgemental. After all we have all sinned. Jesus is our example. He went out preaching and went into the houses of those who were shunned by society because they were deemed undesirable because their sins were known. Jesus preached the gospel to them and showed them how they can live a life of freedom in Him. He gave them hope and He forgave them their sins. However we cannot be Christians and continue to live a life where sin has a power over us. Romans 6:12 says, "Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts."

When we've been saved from our sinful past lives, we will not frequently display the works of the flesh which according to Galatians 5:19-21 are, “Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like.” We cannot be God's children and do as we will whether we hurt anyone or not. We have to do God's will. The Bible says in 1 John 2:4, 9, “He who says ‘I know him’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar.” John is not saying that true Christians are sinless, but rather chronic sinning will not be the pattern in a true Christian’s life.

"God fearing" is used in the Bible. For example Revelation 14:7 says, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.” This doesn't mean we should be afraid of Him as in quaking in our boots kind of fear. It simply means to have reverence for Him. Which means having a feeling of deep respect, love, awe, and esteem.

Last edited:

Alanantic

Star
"Become yourself"?
Lmao, who else would I be if I'm not already myself? Sorry it seem like you're just trying to sound smart...
I'm not so smart. That's why I quote those who are.

"I have said, ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. -- Psalms 82:6

Is it not written in your law, I said, "Ye are gods"? -- John 10:34

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Funnygirl1

Rookie
Hi i have the NIV bible,
I read the OT and it seemed off is the only.way i can describe it and stopped reading
I have since heard that most christians dont really.go with the OT and more NT is more in line with it
I cant put it anymore bluntly than that i want to believe and have my mind settled but my brain just wont allow it
All i can see is flaws and the reason why the bible was created
Is there any verses you could direct me to that might open my eyes
Or any experiences of a time where everything just clicked and you believed

Last edited:

floss

Star
Hi i have the NIV bible,
I read the OT and it seemed off is the only.way i can describe it and stopped reading
I have since heard that most christians dont really.go with the OT and more NT is more in line with it
I cant put it anymore bluntly than that i desperatly want to believe and have my mind settled but my brain just wont allow it
Probably not what you're expecting here but contrary to most Christians and other, I suggest you pray and ask God to open your eye to the truth about the Shape of this PLANEt and then search the Scriptures to see if that's so. I believe it will be an exciting journey for you once your eyes are opened and realized how close God is to you. Here's a good starting point, exam and imagine what's being said here:

Genesis 1
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

1605816043957.png

I pray to come to the truth of the Messiah. Godbless!

TokiEl

Superstar
Hi i have the NIV bible,
I cant put it anymore bluntly than that i desperatly want to believe and have my mind settled but my brain just wont allow it
Ezekiel 36 7Therefore this is what the Lord GOD says: I have sworn with an uplifted hand that surely the nations around you will endure reproach of their own. 8But you, O mountains of Israel, will produce branches and bear fruit for My people Israel, for they will soon come home.

I don't know how informed you are about jewish history... but the jews have been wandering around for almost 2000 years... and in 1948 they came home again.

Just as God foretold.