How The Media Portrays Muslims

Devine

Star
Never.jpg
So obviously after 9/11 there was a lot of anti Muslim fear based stuff in the media. This continued all they way through the end of the obama administration, in my perception. Then, when trump started talking about really taking out isis and travel bans, etc. the mainstream media completely backed off the usual fear mongering and started defending and praising Muslims.
This is my perception of how it went down, do you guys agree?
The question is why? Is it because the US created and runs isis, so when trump started going after them in a real rather than fake way they had to change the story? I guess that's what I'm feeling about it what do you guys think?
and please stick to the topic no "which religion is right or wrong" posts please thanks for playing :)

justjess

Superstar
I don't really see how people are backing off from muslims now, especially not credited to trump. His rhetoric about muslims has been more inflammatory then pretty much anyone else I've heard.

People were trying to defend muslims this whole time. Even under Obama - even Obama himself. Admittedly I really don't watch MSM too much and the news pretty much never but I haven't really noticed much of a change if any.

Has Fox News started defending muslims? If that's the case then it worth looking into..

Aero

Superstar
The true purpose of demonizing Islam was to justify the Iraq war, and get a blank check for private contractors. Basically ex or current Military and government people who must of thought they deserved a big piece of the pie. I imagine this must of been commonplace among government contracts, hence the missing money right before 9/11. So they accomplished that goal of demonizing Islam, all while flying the Bin Laden family out of the country on private jets. They also destroyed all the evidence from the destroyed buildings.

It benefited the politicians at home enormously. But the strategy backfired abroad. It created new waves of extremists that the U.S doesn't totally control. And so now they might be taking all of that seriously. But they still want people to be afraid of Muslims. They just don't want it so blatant on the news anymore.

SkepticCat

Veteran
As you allude to, the real problem with the perception of Muslims and Islam is people seem to invariably fall into one of two extreme, unbalanced viewpoints: a) All Muslims are violent jihadists wanting to destroy the West (it's all the Muslims' fault, not government's) or b) there are no problems with Muslims or Islam whatsoever, we can therefore all get along with no problems whatsoever and unrestricted mass immigration is no problem at all.

If one says something negative about Islam in the current politically correct climate that could cost dearly. Say something similar about Christianity or pretty much any other religion or belief system and it's considered no problem, at all. The Muslims are both a) persecuted and b) extremely sensitive.

Look at these ridiculous morons below:

... yes, of course people will take offense when they see adult 'representatives' of this religion acting like tantrum-throwing little spoiled brats. What happens if you burn a Quran? These people here will put you on a deathlist.

Islam/the Muslim world has problems. Stop denying it. But, it is simultaneously also not the cause of all problems.

Is it because the US created and runs isis, so when trump started going after them in a real rather than fake way they had to change the story?
Do you have proof he's doing that? What is this assessment based on?

Devine

Star
I don't really see how people are backing off from muslims now, especially not credited to trump. His rhetoric about muslims has been more inflammatory then pretty much anyone else I've heard.

People were trying to defend muslims this whole time. Even under Obama - even Obama himself. Admittedly I really don't watch MSM too much and the news pretty much never but I haven't really noticed much of a change if any.

Has Fox News started defending muslims? If that's the case then it worth looking into..
no it's not to his credit and that's my point here that he IS super inflammatory. what i've noticed is the media backing off the topic, by contrast.
lol idk dnt watch fox :)

Devine

Star
The true purpose of demonizing Islam was to justify the Iraq war, and get a blank check for private contractors. Basically ex or current Military and government people who must of thought they deserved a big piece of the pie. I imagine this must of been commonplace among government contracts, hence the missing money right before 9/11. So they accomplished that goal of demonizing Islam, all while flying the Bin Laden family out of the country on private jets. They also destroyed all the evidence from the destroyed buildings.

It benefited the politicians at home enormously. But the strategy backfired abroad. It created new waves of extremists that the U.S doesn't totally control. And so now they might be taking all of that seriously. But they still want people to be afraid of Muslims. They just don't want it so blatant on the news anymore.
rather than just being not so blatant i am now seeing a lot more pro muslim type stuff. but now i'm thinking maybe they had to back off muslim to push for immigrants flood hmm...

Devine

Star
so i think you stated much more thoroughly/eloquently exactly what i was trying to say in the first place about the way the media represents Muslim. do you see any sort of timeline to it as i do, coinciding with trump? or rather just, why? why do you think this portrayal?
As you allude to, the real problem with the perception of Muslims and Islam is people seem to invariably fall into one of two extreme, unbalanced viewpoints: a) All Muslims are violent jihadists wanting to destroy the West (it's all the Muslims' fault, not government's) or b) there are no problems with Muslims or Islam whatsoever, we can therefore all get along with no problems whatsoever and unrestricted mass immigration is no problem at all.

If one says something negative about Islam in the current politically correct climate that could cost dearly. Say something similar about Christianity or pretty much any other religion or belief system and it's considered no problem, at all. The Muslims are both a) persecuted and b) extremely sensitive.

Look at these ridiculous morons below:

... yes, of course people will take offense when they see adult 'representatives' of this religion acting like tantrum-throwing little spoiled brats. What happens if you burn a Quran? These people here will put you on a deathlist.

Islam/the Muslim world has problems. Stop denying it. But, it is simultaneously also not the cause of all problems.

Do you have proof he's doing that? What is this assessment based on?

Lisa

Superstar
As you allude to, the real problem with the perception of Muslims and Islam is people seem to invariably fall into one of two extreme, unbalanced viewpoints: a) All Muslims are violent jihadists wanting to destroy the West (it's all the Muslims' fault, not government's
There was this in the news..
One of the jihadis who terrorised London with two assailants before being shot dead by police tricked his neighbours into believing he was a nice guy by playing football with their children on the nearby green.

Secretly, he was harbouring a destructive hatred and frequently changing his appearance in preparation of unleashing a deadly attack on the capital city during which seven people died and up to 50 were injured last night.

Reactions: USA

Lisa

Superstar
I agree the Muslim world does have problems especially the problems they face today but those problems are a direct result of foreign intervention and colonialism.
I thought their problems were related to islam? In that islam has very strict rules and it seems to have kept the Arab man down, probably doesn't help that you fight each other for "political" reasons anyway?

manama

Star

Fox asked muslims to be put in interment camps.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I thought their problems were related to islam? In that islam has very strict rules and it seems to have kept the Arab man down, probably doesn't help that you fight each other for "political" reasons anyway?
I don't know why you keep replying to me when I've told you I have no desire to discuss with you any further lol. Take a hint why don't you. I know I can be addictive but please I'm married.

Lisa

Superstar
I don't know why you keep replying to me when I've told you I have no desire to discuss with you any further lol. Take a hint why don't you. I know I can be addictive but please I'm married.
You don't have to respond to me...but that doesn't mean that I have to do likewise.

I think the Muslim Brotherhood has a deal with the Zionists. Israel gets the Levant, MB gets the West. Clinton and the Democrats are surrounded and infiltrated by MB, French politicians are surrounded by the MB, Western politicians are approving the construction of dozens if not hundreds of mosques while tearing down churches. Mayor of London is a muslim. To quote Rabbi David Touitou: "Islam is the broomstick of Israel" to finally get rid of 2,000 years of Christianity. To faciliate the Islamification of the Christian world, our media establishment has to defend the huge waves of muslim migration and deflect accountability for the terror attacks that go along with it.