How Often Do You Study Your Kjv Bible?

SkepticCat

Veteran
I'm very interested to hear from Christian posters on this board about your habits when it comes to Bible study, especially pertaining to those reading the KJV (please mention what version you study).

I'm especially interested in how much you've studied the Bible within the last few months.

Thank you for any replies!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I listen to the NKJV regularly - when mowing the lawn, at the gym, on long car journeys etc...

I have a better audible memory than visual so I can remember what a sentence says, Google it then locate chapter and verse...

JoChris

Superstar
KJV. I am not as organized as I should be with reading. :oops:
Like my garden it is all over the place. Organized chaos. I tend to start a book, notice a particular verse/ passage and then listen to sermons dealing with that particular verse.
When I have had enough, I find another completely unrelated topic or verse and go through the same process. It's when I look back I realise how it all fitted together, like a patchwork quilt.

I am not good at chapter and verse. I am good at subject and phrases though and Google, Biblegateway and bible commentary websites are what I use to find verses.

rainerann

Star
It takes me about a year and a half to read cover to cover. I have been doing this for almost 15 years. I have been reading the Holman Christian Standard Bible recently. I read on the Sabbath and I read about 15 chapters at a time. I prefer to read a large chunk at a time rather than a chapter per day.

Lady

Star
:D
I'm very interested to hear from Christian posters on this board about your habits when it comes to Bible study, especially pertaining to those reading the KJV (please mention what version you study).

I'm especially interested in how much you've studied the Bible within the last few months.

Why don't you tell us about your study habits first? :D

colson

Rookie

Most days I study the Bible. almost never KJV , mostly ESV.

Thunderian

Superstar
KJV. My program is to read Proverbs each morning (the chapter corresponding to the date), a chapter of whatever book my wife and I are studying together in the evening, and then whatever study I'm undertaking on my own throughout the day. My pastor is leading us in a study of Matthew 5, so there's that as well, and I listen to sermons and Bible studies while I'm working.

Lady

Star
I read the KJV daily for instruction before each day starts. I used to do one reading in Psalms and Proverbs each, which ministered to me greatly and God used the Word to guide me as I went about my day. At another's suggestion, I went to a daily bible reading guide, but now may switch back to my original format. I miss the way God interacted with me through these 2 books.

I study otherwise on a certain theme, which is what works for me. I listen to sermons via podcasts and take scripture from those to further study. Sometimes this leads to a new theme or topic and then I start studying in that direction.

If you are looking for quantity, I would have to say...always. This is due to the Holy Spirit, Who guides my studying, reveals truths, and draws me closer to the Father and to being more Christlike. I never used to say that because I was not always hungry for God's word as I now am. When I am not reading, I am meditating on His word. It has come to this and I waited a long time to experience this closeness with God.

Todd

Star
I use on-line Bibles (bible gateway, blue letter bible) so I can study mutlitple versions at once and also dive into the greek and hebrew at the same time. For casaul/devotional level reading I use the New Living Translation. Best compromise between readability and accuracy. For serious study I like Young's literal translation and then use the KJV with Stongs's concordance to study the Greek and Hebrew words, though I will often read in multiple versions to get different perspectives.

Damien50

Star
AKJV1611.

When something piques my interest I will read it. Lately, nothing has been of interest has really grabbed me. At one point I had done character studies on Paul, David, Solomon, and Moses but since I come here I end up learning just to engage in conversation.

TLDR- three to four times a week.