How important is the Image of the Beast?

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
Who could've predicted there would be a day where people couldn't live or function without a cellphone or access to the internet. We don't know yet what the norms of our society will become as technology advances.

mecca

Superstar
What if the idea of genetic enhancement and superior physical improvements via CRISPR/Cas9 were sold to people along with a kind of Neo (Matrix) style learning connected to quantum computing power
But CRISPR isn't technology, so why would tech be incorporated with it?

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Good question, Mecca...

If you think about it, DNA and silicon chips both store data. One is created by God, the other by man. At one time, the two languages were completely incompatible and dissimilar.

We have only recently been able to read the language of DNA and are starting to use CRISPR like a spell check. At the same time we are modelling computers around the principles of thr human brain.

There have also been leaps forward with quantum computers like d-wave, and atomic level storage possibilities, actually storing data to DNA etc. There is still a gap between the two information systems, for now...

Daniel mentions the mixing of iron and clay. Man was formed from the dust of the earth...

I had got to thinking that there was nothing new under the sun. The original lie has always been 'you shall be like God...' Gen 3:5. How odd that that is what the pharohs wanted. Stranger still perhaps that so many New Age an Masonic beliefs reference ancient Egypt, Osiris etc etc.

I suspect the promise of godhood will be held out to the world as part and parcel of the Mark of the Beast.

All this is, of course, pure Christian Sci-Fi (but remember - the flip mobile phone first appeared in the hand of James T Kirk in Star Trek!)

PS if you don't believe me now, thats fine, this may never end up happening this way, but just si it's been said, be on your guard and don't take The Mark if it ever comes to it in our lifetime...

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Good question, Mecca...

If you think about it, DNA and silicon chips both store data. One is created by God, the other by man. At one time, the two languages were very different.

We have only recently been able to read the language of DNA and are starting to use CRISPR like a spell check. At the same time we are modelling computers around the principles of thr human brain. At the same time there have been leaps forward with quantum computers like d-wave, and atomic level storage possibilities. There is a gap between our two information systems, for now...

Daniel mentions the mixing of iron and clay. Man was formed from the dust of the earth...

I had got to thinking that there was nothing new under the sun. The original lie has always been 'you shall be like God...' Gen 3:5. How odd that that is what the pharohs wanted. Stranger still perhaps that so many New Age an Masonic beliefs reference ancient Egypt.

I suspect the promise of godhood will be held out to the world as part and parcel of the Mark of the Beast.

All this is, of course, pure Christian Sci-Fi (but remember - the flip mobile phone first appeared in the hand of James T Kirk in Star Trek!)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well, don't the hindu's already believe Namaste and yoga is everywhere nowadays.....

I thought the mark of the beast was to control buying and selling?
I take your point, Lisa... I had always imagined thr Mark was something that would have to be forced on an unwilling world under threat of death...

Satan wanted to be like the Most High and was jealous of the worship He received. He still does! All those who take the Mark also worship the Beast, and this implies love and adoration.

Antichrist has also been translated 'instead of Christ' which puts a different spin on things.

When Antichrist is revealed I expect him to be perceived by most to be a wonderful humanitarian, unifying all religions that strive toward godhood and one-ness. I even had a New Age colleague at work tell me that what we really needed was a one world trade agreement under a global leader...

The Rosicrucians have been pushing this message for a long time, even in veiled ways through stories like Harry Potter
http://www.harrypotterforseekers.com/alchemy/alchemy.php

Made more explicit in their own publications... www.amorc.org

Sorry to be heavy about it, It's something that gave me a surprise, especially as I had read all the HP books only to find out they were inspired by the 'Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz'

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I take your point, Lisa... I had always imagined thr Mark was something that would have to be forced on an unwillingworld under threat of death...

Satan wanted to be like the Most High and was jealous of the worship He received. He still does! All those who take the Mark also worship the Beast, and this implies love and adoration.

Antichrist has also been translated 'instead of Christ' which puts a different spin on things.

When Antichrist is revealed I expect him to be perceived by most to be a wonderful humanitarian, unifying all religions that strive toward godhood and one-ness. I even had a New Age colleague at work tell me that what we really needed was a one world trade agreement under a global leader...

The Rosicrucians have been pushing this message for a long time, even in veiled ways through stories like Harry Potter
http://www.harrypotterforseekers.com/alchemy/alchemy.php

Made more explicit in their own publications... www.amorc.org

Sorry to be heavy about it, It's something that gave me a surprise, especially as I had read all the HP books only to find out they were inspired by the 'Chymical Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz'
He is forcing people to do it...you can't buy or sell without the mark.

I do think that people will also be forced to worship the beast, and probably some will do it willingly. Cause won't you be killed if you don't worship the image of the beast?

No problem...its a heavy time period to come.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
He is forcing people to do it...you can't buy or sell without the mark.

I do think that people will also be forced to worship the beast, and probably some will do it willingly. Cause won't you be killed if you don't worship the image of the beast?

No problem...its a heavy time period to come.
I agree, Lisa...

I think the stick and carrot approach of persecution and seduction is coming. I know there are various pre, mid and post trib views and time will tell on these. However it works out I feel such a burden for people who might get decieved and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

God bless

Lisa

Superstar
I agree, Lisa...

I think the stick and carrot approach of persecution and seduction is coming. I know there are various pre, mid and post trib views and time will tell on these. However it works out I feel such a burden for people who might get decieved and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

God bless
Ya, its going to be such an intense time in life and maybe just for us Christians though? Didn't Jesus say that people will still be eating, drinking and marrying?

People are already deceived....:(

UnspokenSoliloquy

Established
I wasn't gonna bring it up but I watched a film by G Craig Lewis, It's mostly religious but it has some really good points in there. It was The Truth Behind Hip Hop X: Pop Life, he's been doing these series for years, it started basically being about hip hop music but then it's gone in to government and science. This is what turned me to do more research back college. In a part of the film he talks about the mark and why we've been looking at it wrong we are expecting it to be 666, but the original text wasn't written in English so he broke it down based on the original context in Greek and his theory is that the mark is already here and is on everything and that it's money basically receiving the mark is worshipping money which is highly influenced in our society through materialism. I can try and add the clip here if anyone wants.

Lisa

Superstar
Did they say anything about no one will be able to buy or sell except the one who has the mark? And it will be a mark on the right hand or forehead. I don't think its here yet.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I picture the times we live in like a chess match. We can watch the moves and counter-moves playedby two players with massively superior intellegence to our own. Whilst satan is finite, God is not. I think our only chance of not being blindsided by deception is to stay close to Jesus. My only fear is that someone who was in my life for a reason misses out on eternal life because I never told them...

Lisa

Superstar
I picture the times we live in like a chess match. We can watch the moves and counter-moves playedby two players with massively superior intellegence to our own. Whilst satan is finite, God is not. I think our only chance of not being blindsided by deception is to stay close to Jesus. My only fear is that someone who was in my life for a reason misses out on eternal life because I never told them...
Don't ya think though that there is plenty of opportunity for them to observe your life?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Don't ya think though that there is plenty of opportunity for them to observe your life?
I do agree that your integrity and character are the first thing anyone might observe, but I have spent years not sharing my faith and being kind to people and it breaks my heart when they get sucked into deception because I never told them the truth and faced scorn for doing so.

Does that make sense?

Lisa

Superstar
Yes, it does, we all face the problem of how to tell those closest to us about God and face scorn. But, I also think they can see by the way you live your life that there is really a God whether they want to believe that or not.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I am bumping this thread because there are new members now and this topic is very important. The Image of the Beast needs to be understood so the church is not deceived.

I can answer all valid questions.
What do you understand by 'the Image of the Beast' then?

I have a few ideas but I try to keep an open mind...

I have heard a few firm but opposing views and I do think it has merit to develop an idea well and understand it's implications...

imagine being told to meet a guy called Tom who was Irish at terminal 6 of the Manchester airport. You set off and someone sends a text with the exact description. Short, red haired, clay pipe and walks with a limp... All of a sudden, I can see Tom in my minds eye.

But what if this description was inaccurate - the real Tom, tall, lean and grey haired would end up waiting at the terminal because you had such a clear idea as to Tom's identity!