How important is the Image of the Beast?

Thunderian

Superstar
I reported this post.
For what conceivable reason?

You said that there has been an agenda for years to focus on the Antichrist and False Prophet.

Interested in who was behind this agenda you spoke of, I wanted to know if you could name some of the teachers behind it.

A reasonable, on-topic question. Apparently not to you, because this was the answer I got.

You and I have virtually nothing in common with each other. And I am speaking faith wise. I know we disagree on rapture and we probably disagree with almost every other pillar of faith including once saved always saved and even what is the gospel.
And you're reporting ME for derailing this thread?

Well, I'm pre-reporting you for the same thing.

Thunderian

Superstar
This is interesting.

Since you won't provide the names of the false teachers and preachers who are behind the (alleged) Satanic agenda to teach parts of the Bible other than the part about the image of the beast, I went out looking for evidence of Bible teachers who were inappropriately injecting study of the false prophet into other discussions.

Well, I didn't have to look very far. In this very forum, a self-styled teacher of the Bible has somehow managed to insert a study of the false prophet into a thread about Job. Can you imagine? What could the false prophet possibly have to do with that topic? He must be one of the guys you're talking about!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Stop it Red Sky. I am losing respect for you after every post. You are clearly twisting the scripture and forcing it to mean what you want it to mean. Classic scripture twisting. No one can read that chapter in context and think it means what you are saying. You're wrong.

The interpretation I explained is the correct interpretation of John 15.
Hi Scott,

Over the years, and on many topics I have enjoyed Bible study, sometimes with people who hold strong opposing views. I decided early on to maintain an attitude of personal respect towards those who take different interpretations to me....

If someone living in the mid-west looking for the best beaches were to set off to New York in a car they would consume time an effort taking a journey that put them further away from the golden sand of the West Coast... If I was a hitchiker in a car with that person, my dilemma would be to say something to the driver and risk his wrath or quietly stay in the car and chat about other things instead.

I had no intention of offending you Scott, and as this is your thread on the Image of the Beast, discussion of eternal security would be better separated off to it's own thread. I think this would be helpful anyway as it is a detailed and emotive subject, and one which requires a great deal of care when dealing with brothers and sisters in the Lord.

I know it must feel frustrating to you when others hold different views but I would urge you to take care when judging the quality of another believer's spirituality, and do what you can to separate that out from discussion. We are each accountable to our own master, after all.

If I have personally judged or offended you I hope you will forgive me. As far as this thread is concerned, I agree, back to the topic...