How Has Coronavirus Affected You PERSONALLY?

Devine

Star
No numbers no stats no articles. Just You. How have you been affected or not been? What are things like where you live?

Devine

Star
I live in the midwest USA. My county has 4 cases neighboring counties have up to 200. Our Governor did not do stay in place orders.

No one I know knows anyone who is actually sick or tested positive. My friend lives in Brooklyn NYC is a school teacher. Though she knows some who suspect they had it, she knows only one person who tested positive. He is dead of a supposedly related heart attack. Super healthy guy mid 30's.

Also, I am definitely one of the people you hear of making more money on unemployment I am making WAY more money from it than I usually do from working. Another interesting thing I didn't realize would happen, the IRS usually takes my tax returns for old student loans, and they sent me that money back.

I do live pretty close to some of the meat packing plants and I would say not to worry about a meat shortage at all. The plants went down for a week but really not a big deal.

Aero

Superstar
I would be lying if I said there were any major changes in my life.

When the lockdowns began, I felt appreciated as an essential worker for like 1 day. Now, I'm convinced the whole essential working thing was bullshit. Basically, everyone and their brother got declared essential. That, along with the constant pandemic insurance commercials tells me the lockdowns are about special interests.

Things don't change in a vacuum unless acted upon by some seriously powerful force. Covid-19 is not one of those things. But a lot of people are shaken. Like I don't expect the workers who left voluntarily to want to come back anytime soon. The reality is our leaders are bargain bin crap we got on the day of a big sale.

justjess

Superstar
Got laid off (I’m recalled as of the 18th). Had to shutter my husbands business (we were allowed to reopen on the 1st, not many customers though).

Almost half my family caught the virus, all but two are fine - one died. A lot of more extended contacts passed away.

Oh and the neighbors seem to have irrevocably turned on us because we are “from NY” despite that we’ve lived here for years. So that’s fun.

My son was already in online school but they canceled the rest of the school year because the governor demanded continuity for the whole state, not fair he continued to go to school while others don’t i guess.

Lurker

Star
Overworked for a period, still busy but manageable. Don't know anyone that has/had it. Rumor of one at work. "Officially" over 300 cases in the county, a handful of deaths. No official recovery count, media has spoken of a few. Mostly just inconvenienced, lines/outages at stores, no dine-in, other places just straight up closed. Though I must say, traffic was better for a while. Starting to pick back up. And I sure as shit don't miss school zones. Oh, the jury duty thing was pretty sweet too.

Vixy

Star
Not at all. Living like usual, feel a better about being home alot though.

Maes17

Superstar
Overworked for a period, still busy but manageable. Don't know anyone that has/had it. Rumor of one at work. "Officially" over 300 cases in the county, a handful of deaths. No official recovery count, media has spoken of a few. Mostly just inconvenienced, lines/outages at stores, no dine-in, other places just straight up closed. Though I must say, traffic was better for a while. Starting to pick back up. And I sure as shit don't miss school zones. Oh, the jury duty thing was pretty sweet too.
Same. Overworked but manageable.

Grandma died. Her death was classified as covid-19 related. She had a ton of health problems these past two years though. I think she just croaked.

Maes17

Superstar
Son’s school was cancelled, online courses cancelled but his teacher sent us a syllabus to keep him busy.

Really have gotten into my home gym again, and have been pushing it quite hard. I feel good.

A lot of stuff around us is practicing social distancing and what not. My only complaint. No gyms open, movie theaters etc.

free2018

Star
Everything I had planned to do got flushed down the toilet since December. I started tracking the crown early when the cases were centered in Wuhan. Jobs I wanted I didn't get. "Couldn't" launch one business. I am doing one of my side hustles. I started working before the shutdown and have worked during the shutdown. I think I only stayed home 4 or 5 days-- two due to my concussion and 2 or 3 'cause I was wiped out or sick.
Someone I know died and they had corona. Then two close friends of mine lost one of their parents.
I wish I had saved more money over the last five years.

Thunderian

Superstar
My wife lost her job, but got another one that she likes more. I was already on benefits due to a pre-existing condition, and we homeschool, so there was almost no change to our lives, except we can’t go out to a restaurant and sit down and order a meal.

I know one person who thinks they had the virus, but never got tested. I know of two or three others who got it for sure, and one of those died.

They are starting to open up my province, and we went to the beach today. I think we’re going to see the borders open by mid-June.

Coronavirus didn’t turn out to be the plague we thought it might be, but the long term costs might be worse than we can imagine.

Thunderian

Superstar
Let me say, I didn’t mean to sound pessimistic. I just don’t like change and I think it’s come — good and bad — for all of us because of this.

rainerann

Star
I actually help collect the number of positive cases we submit for our facility. Was told I followed msm narratives a lot because of what I have been experiencing. I don’t work with people who lie or would fake something like this.

still don’t know if I have processed it completely to form an understanding of it all. Don’t know that I will be able to for a while.

illuminatimess

Veteran
Me and my family are spared - so far at least.

There aren’t that many cases in my area, but the areas surrounding us, are heavily affected. We know a few families who went to Italy and came back with the disease.

My university is closed and some professors are offering online classes.

What disturbs me the most is the behavior of some people. I was yelled at by an old lady a few weeks ago in the grocery store, even though I was keeping the distance (at least 3m). The man behind me was laughing lol.

I fully understand their concerns.

And I know some nurses who reported to me that they had up to thirty patients at the beginning, but now they only have like five patients which is very soothing.

Johnny5

Veteran
No one we know had it. Supposedly someone in our neighborhood had it and then their spouse caught it. They are recovered from what I know, but we never have met them. My wife and I suspected our neighbors may have had it like two months ago because suddenly we never saw the wife or kids. We started seeing the husband more though. Up to that point it had been the opposite. The wife had also just returned from a trip right before they went into hiding.
Then again, maybe my wife and I are too into conspiracies and let them get the best of us. LOL

Surley

Established
...nothing...still dont know anyone who has even been sick with even sniffle or anything. as a matter of fact hospitals in the area laying of workers for lack of sick people..very blessed. can still go to all big corporations wal mart...etc...to shop but church.STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!!! Very strange... I can go to walmart and shop with people walking around no mask or anything but NO CHURCH. Not even if your mask up and have a full plastic body suit! Social distancing rules seem to apply only the church people.Something weird going on.

Devine

Star
"Meat shortage" was manufactured they went into all the facilities where I live and tested all workers who were healthy, of course there were positives any large group would have. Shut the meat pack plants down. Then Trump had the USDA buy all the surplus food and give it to food banks but you probably weren't told that story.
Trump has said throughout there would be suicides. I don't know how anyone can know that in such an unprecedented event but 2 people I know have commited suicide. 5g? But yet I know no covids. My friend from Brooklyn knows 1 person who died...