How does the entertainment industry boost instagram followers for new upcoming celebrities?

wrongfred

Established
Noticing that the media is pushing their new starlets through instagram and facebook. Is it possible that they boost instagram following using fake users to promote their new celebrity?

wrongfred

Established
I think that is possible, I am always amazed at the amount of followers they suddenly have without ever being mentioned before. Lots of good amateur pages I know never reach anything close to their numbers.
I think there is a app which they can purchase which increases 50,000 followers at a time. Its liek the music industry which promotes a summer hit whihc never one heard before.

yiksmes

Established
I know there used to be apps, online services, hacks and stuff to boost views, subscribers, likes and friends. (youtube, insta, facebook, twitter)
Don't know what it's like today but my guess it's still exists or maybe even more advanced.

But if your an entertainment industry, you got direct connections to all the media so even more simple for them...