How Do You Stay Healthy?

Antipapirus

Established
Lemon and warm water first thing in the morning - great tip! You may also add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar - the real stuff like Braggs.

If lemon and vinegar aren't your thing, try drinking spoon of honey with pinch of cinnamon stirred in warm water first thing in the morning. Similar benefits. I don't know about tea --- maybe green tea or herbal tea like ginger or chamomile though?

I love cilantro - great for detoxifying mercury... I love to cook with it and juice it too. It's such a lovely herb ....

I thought of adding apple vinegar to the lemon water but isn't it too much for the stomach?

I wouldn't recommend

I thought of adding apple vinegar to the lemon water but isn't it too much for the stomach?

I wouldn't recommend
Check this out ... I think if you start with small dosage and build it up to see how much you personally can tolerate. Everyone is different.

SOURCE

DISCLOSURE: Please note these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. I am not a doctor. I am simply sharing my experiences.

I do little detoxes every day. I drink this lemon detox drink every morning. On days that I oil pull, I oil pull first, then drink this. There are many variations on this lemon detox drink and you can mix it up however you want. I have tons more energy on days that I drink this in the morning.

Lemon Detox Drink Recipe
Mix any of the following:

Benefits of each ingredient in the lemon detox drink:
  • Apple Cider Vinegar (acv) has lots of minerals, vitamins, and enzymes. It has to be raw, unfiltered, and with the mother. You will see a dark, cloudy substance in your jar. That’s the mother. Here’s a bit about the mother:
    • The mother is the result of natural enzymes and minerals in the vinegar.
    • The mother is killed when the vinegar is over processed, over heated, pasteurized, filtered, and altered.
    • The mother is used to make more vinegar (hence the name “mother”).
    • You can eat, drink, & use the mother topically. It’s very safe and nutritious.
    ACV is great for digestion. If you suffer from indigestion, don’t get commercial antacids. Drink acv daily instead. . Read more about the many health benefits of vinegar here. Here are some benefits of acv:
    • Balances pH levels
    • Lowers cholesterol.It’s pretty magical stuff
    • Cleanses your system leaving your skin glowing & clear
    • Gives you more energy.
    • Reduces bloating & water weight
    • Suppresses appetite (because it balances your pH levels and thus your glucose & insulin levels making you fell satisfied longer).
    • Can help with muscle aches and pains
  • Lemon Juice: Another acid and works very similar to acv. You can drink either one or mix both together. I mix them both together.
  • Cayenne Pepper: Lots of good stuff in this little spice.
    • Improves digestion
    • Reduces bloating
    • Increases blood circulation.
    • Breaks up mucus and toxins in blocked and clogged arteries, making it great for heart health
  • Honey: It is ideal that you use raw LOCAL honey. Honey is made by bees from pollen. So you want local pollens in your system. It will help tremendously with seasonal allergies. Since you are ingesting what you are reacting to from allergies, you are building an immunity. Raw honey has probiotics which are great for digestion. If you do not like the taste of the vinegar & lemons, add honey to sweeten the drink.

I do not use all of those every morning. I typically do lemon and/or apple cider vinegar with cayenne pepper. Other great things you can add that detox and/or boost your immune system are:
A lot of people say to use warm water. I do not. I use cold filtered water and I see results. Your body temperature warms the water so quickly that the water temperature doesn’t matter a lot. So if you want to be a purist and do the “best practices” on this, use warm water. You can do as much or as little water as you want for taste. I add a couple tablespoons.

DesertRose

Superstar
Include These 11 Herbs & Spices into Your Diet for Healthy Living
https://www.naturalnewsblogs.com/include-11-herbs-spices-diet-healthy-living/
We all know that without our favorite herbs and spices, dishes like guacamole, meatballs, and casseroles wouldn’t taste half as good. But did you know that science found that herbs and spices also provide a wide range of health benefits? From treating infections to preventing cancer, there’s so much you can get from ingredients found in your kitchen cupboard. In case you were wondering which spices provide what health benefits, here are 11 examples you can include for a long and healthy life.

1. Parsley
Parsley is one of the most widely used herbs today that is native to the Mediterranean region. The versatile herb is used by diabetics in Turkey to reduce blood sugar levels. To see if this practice has any basis in reality, researchers conducted a study on rats to see how parsley affected their blood sugar and liver functioning. The study in question was published in Phytotherapy Research and found that diabetic rats given parsley showed significant improvement in their blood glucose levels. The study also found improvements in liver health in rats fed parsley suggesting that the traditional use of this herb was legitimate.

1. Turmeric
Turmeric is a golden spice with a long history of medical uses dating as far back as 4000 years ago. The plant has gained a lot of attention in the scientific community because the spice proved to fight a wide range of disease in clinical trials. Some of these health benefits include protection against cancer, cardiovascular disease, some types of arthritis, and diabetes. Turmeric was also found to especially benefit digestive health reducing the severity of symptoms in ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and many other inflammatory conditions. These benefits mostly come from curcumin, the yellow pigment found in turmeric.

1. Ginger
Ginger has a spicy aroma and a peppery taste. Studies on this herb found that plant compounds in ginger work as powerful anti-inflammatories making ginger a great natural alternative to painkillers. Other than that, adding ginger to your stir fries or drinking it as tea can help with stomach problems. Ginger was found to relieve treat nausea, heartburn, flatulence, diarrhea, and to boost poor appetite.

1. Sage
You’ve probably heard of sage tea being a great remedy for a sore throat. The bitter-tasting herb is a powerful antiseptic explaining this well-known benefit. But studies also show that Sage can help with many other conditions as well. A study published in Advances in Therapy found that sage helps with one of the most common symptoms of menopause – hot flashes. According to this study, sage eliminated hot flashes completely by the end of the 8-week trial.

1. Chili powder
Although chili powder is added in tiny amounts in most dishes, the spice is still able to have a strong effect on your health and metabolism. Chili powder is mostly recognized as a great weight-loss aid. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that chili lowers post-meal blood glucose levels and insulin release. Chili is also believed to function as a powerful appetite suppressant and metabolism enhancer making it a perfect choice for those struggling with excess weight.

1. Garlic
According to an article published in the Avicenna Journal of Phytomedicine, garlic can reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, fight infections, prevent cancer, and lower blood sugar. The bulbous plant known for its strong aroma was traditionally used to fight parasitic infections but today it is a popular candida remedy while some also say that eating it during the cold season prevents colds.

1. Cinnamon
Cinnamon is the wonderfully aromatic spice that is popularly used in dessert making. The spice is rich in volatile oils and antioxidant compounds some of which are believed to protect against diseases such as atherosclerosis, diabetes, and cancer. As with most herbs and spices, the health-protecting benefits of cinnamon come mostly from the spice’s antioxidants. What makes cinnamon unique among the spices, however, is that it was found to even fight against neurological disorders like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.

1. Black pepper
There was a time when pepper was as expensive as gold. Luckily, those times are over and now everyone gets to enjoy the many health-promoting benefits of pepper. The main active ingredient in black pepper called piperine was found to help scavenge free radicals and thus protect against tumor progression. Other than that, pepper was found to enhance cognitive functioning, absorption of other nutrients, and improve digestion.

1. Celery
The root and leaves of celery can both be eaten, and both help treats various diseases. An articlepublished in Progress in Drug Research claims that celery reduces symptoms of arthritis, stomach ulcers and that it reduces microbe activity. Munching on a celery stalk could give you the same benefits as the stalk also contains the many antioxidants and phytochemicals found in other parts of this plant.

1. Cloves
Cloves are often added to winter desserts and mulled wine. The aromatic spice is also an integral part of Moroccan cuisine. According to an entry in the Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, the antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of cloves is much higher than in most fruits, vegetables, and other spices making this spice one of the most potent natural remedies out there.

1. Cumin
If you suffer from frequent stomach problems, then adding cumin to your meals may help. However, be careful as the volatile oils in cumin seeds tend to exert a strong aroma which can completely take over your dishes. Cumin seeds were found to help with irritable bowel syndrome while cumin powder helps lower blood lipids.

Conclusion

The wide array of herbs and spices we have available today were also found to be beneficial for overall health. Most of them contain a range of plant compounds and antioxidants that scavenge free radicals or reduce inflammation. Some of them were even found to exert strong antimicrobial activity. Adding these spices to your meals or using them in treatment preparations can help you deal with a host of diseases.

DesertRose

Superstar
Limiting sugar has helped.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/11/no_author/the-sugar-industry-blocked-research-linking-sucrose-to-heart-disease-and-cancer-from-publication-50-years-ago-damning-report-reveals/

The Sugar Industry Blocked Research Linking Sucrose To Heart Disease And Cancer From Publication 50 YEARS Ago, Damning Report Reveals

The sugar industry blocked the release of a study showing sucrose directly increases the risk of heart disease and cancer in 1968, newly-uncovered documents reveal.

The research, which was funded and designed by the sugar industry, was intended to dispel fears that fructose-containing sugars affect blood lipids.

But internal correspondence uncovered by researchers at the University of California at San Francisco, show that industry leaders pulled the plug on its publication after getting wind that it would prove the clearest link between sugar and disease ever found.

The finding, published today in PLOS Biology, is the latest in a series of bombshell reports from investigative researcher Dr Cristin Kearns and co-author Dr Stanton Glantz, who was the first researcher to reveal Big Tobacco was hiding research on the danger of cigarettes in 1996.

Last year the duo sent shockwaves through the nutrition world with a study that showed the sugar industry had paid Harvard University’s most respected nutrition scientist to play down the health dangers of sugar, and demonize fats.

Speaking to Daily Mail Online, they say that, had this new study been published in 1968 as planned, it would have automatically triggered a review of sucrose by the US Food and Drug Administration, which would have likely led to regulation of sugar.
Instead, they say, it has taken five decades for the scientific community to reach relative agreement that sugar is bad for you, and has a direct link to cancer and heart disease.

‘The sugar industry has been playing the same games as Big Tobacco to protect their financial interests,’ Dr Glantz told Daily Mail Online.

‘The more we look, the more we see that the sugar industry has had a sophisticated understanding of science for decades, sophisticated enough to manipulate it.

‘This study, if it had been published, would have been quite cutting edge for its time. Had that work moved forward, it would’ve advanced the triglycerides-sugar debate forward by decades.

‘That’s why they killed it.’

Today’s paper – the third collaboration between Glantz and Cearns, and the fourth on this subject for Cearns, a dentist-turned-investigator – is based on a review of archived industry documents.

It reveals the Sugar Research Foundation (SRF), now known as the Sugar Association, funded an animal experiment called Project 259 to evaluate sucrose’s effects on cardiovascular health.

Maes17

Superstar
Try to use pepper and mustard in all spices food.Try to avoid processed meats.Have a green tea early morning.Go for walking early morning.
I like green tea and brew some leaves daily. It's helped keep my rather bland drinking taste a bit tasty. I drink a ton of water.

I also drink bcaa's everyday.
I don't use mustard often, but I do love Tabasco sauce

Maes17

Superstar
With a busy holiday schedule.
I'm on 25 minutes of cardio a day.
Stretch after I shower at night.
Weight training. Heavy low volume. 3 to 5 sets of 5-6 reps.

Been watching my caloric intake. I don't mind eating a lot as long as the calories are quality food calories. 400 calories of oatmeal, eggs, etc is different than 400 calories of cupcakes. Still kicking it here.

Happy Holidays and stay safe VC members

SkepticCat

Veteran
I've just received my order of human food grade diatomaceous earth which is supposed to be an effective way to combat the effects of chemtrailing since it binds various metals and substances.

Diatomaceous Earth (DE) has been reported to absorb methyl mercury, E. coli, endotoxins, viruses (including poliovirus), organophosphate pesticide residues, and drug residues. DE is a natural organic colon cleanser and detoxifier. This cleansing and detoxification alone has a myriad of positive effects in the human body. Mechanisms are cited on "How DE Works" page. Adding to this is the widespread deficiency in human dietary sources of what is called "the most important trace element in human health" - Silica, and how rich DE is in this substance, we begin to understand the basis of the health benefits that so many have attested to. Only a trace amount of the DE silica is absorbed into the blood stream, and just that amount is a substantial gain for the user. A growing number of people count beneficial human side effects of Diatomaceous Earth and SILICA as being nothing short of vital to their well being and exhibit genuine devotion toward its use. The only cautionary side effect that we have found relating to Food Grade DE has to do with direct inhalation and is essentially the same caution that is advised when handling baby powder. DE is a very fine powder.
If I see positive results from this I'll be sure to let you know.

Maes17

Superstar
I lost weight on what was supposed to be a maintenance diet
:(

Went from 180 to 175 in a week

Delacourf

Established
Hi everyone. My health improved when I refused from meet and dairy products, but I still eat eggs.
I drink chlorophyll water daily, also use chlorella nd spirulina sometimes. When I wake up I drink lemon water with honey.
And I also try to eat avocado daily and spinach every 3-4 days.
I dont drink coffee, only green and white tea, ginger water and herbs.
But my best prioduct is buckwheat. It's extremely rich with antioxidants helps my health A LOT. I know it's not popular product in Usa or in Europe, but in my country many women eat it often. Befor I changed my eating habits I used to eat everything, my health was so so and very bad skin. I spent so much money on cosmetics and cosmetologist, now my skin unbelievably flawless and all thanks to the food change. I also don't get sick at all.

Maes17

Superstar
Hi everyone. My health improved when I refused from meet and dairy products, but I still eat eggs.
I drink chlorophyll water daily, also use chlorella nd spirulina sometimes. When I wake up I drink lemon water with honey.
And I also try to eat avocado daily and spinach every 3-4 days.
I dont drink coffee, only green and white tea, ginger water and herbs.
But my best prioduct is buckwheat. It's extremely rich with antioxidants helps my health A LOT. I know it's not popular product in Usa or in Europe, but in my country many women eat it often. Befor I changed my eating habits I used to eat everything, my health was so so and very bad skin. I spent so much money on cosmetics and cosmetologist, now my skin unbelievably flawless and all thanks to the food change. I also don't get sick at all.
Good for you.
I need to cut back on the dairy. That milk is good though

Rodreezus

Rookie
I attempted to sustain a vegan diet and failed. I did however manage to significantly reduce my intake of meat and dairy. I probably eat meat with one meal, and limit it to 4oz.

I try to eat only organic produce and meats, avoid anything out of a box or processed. I basically stick to natural, whole foods. This, and a strict regimen of running, cycling, and yoga helps keep me centered. Your mileage may vary.

Maes17

Superstar
Fruit infused water is my new beverage at night.
I throw in a ton of frozen berries, some purified water and boom.

My diet isn’t super healthy but it’s not junk.
Even though I post a lot of junk food messages at times. A lot is cause I workout pretty intense, my job is physical too. As a car detailer I hand wash vehicles, etc.

So I plan my calories to sustain my exertion levels. Otherwise I’d burn out.

Biggest thing for me for staying healthy. Do not stress. I’ve been as cool and collected in my life in a good minute, probably ever lol. Confidence is high, optimism is high, I feel kinda invincible at the moment.

Not cocky, but I am confident at the moment

Maes17

Superstar
Ever done cardio in a hot garage? 80 degree weather outside. My thermostat said 102 degrees in the garage. Did the arc trainer for 20 minutes 183 bpm pace. 12 minutes in I was questioning life.

Mountain05

Rookie
"How Do You Stay Healthy?" This is great thread.

I simply eat meat (carnivore diet), exercise and meditate. That is it.