How Do You Stay Healthy?

Devine

Star
i dig all this man. mountain valley makes spring water in glass bottles. wow black salt that stuffs strong!
a short list, which i am always changing and adding to, as i learn...

consumption:
distilled water if not actually 'from the ground' spring water. the distilled water i buy immediately gets transferred to a stainless steel bottle to avoid the BPA residue as best as i can. that is the only time i drink something that was from a plastic container.
yogurt every day, or at least a probiotic food.
try to stay on the 80% raw / 20% cooked regimen. i dump turmeric with unrefined coconut oil + black pepper on all cooked food (pepper helps the absorption of vitamins)
salt water flushes whenever i can.
morning supplement: vitamineral green/vitamineral earth after nascent iodine. take magnesium citrate.
heavy doses of vitamin c/ascorbic acid (6 to 8 g)
nothing out of a can or anything processed. (use only glass, stainless steel, or copper)
nothing from china (consider every food item there tainted)
never any "natural flavors". not only could it be MSG, it could also be castoreum-- beaver anal gland extract. ill pass on that.
no HFCS (dont need the gmos or the mercury); no gmos (dont need the GM genes combining with my own in my body)
no food that has been genetically modified (too risky for me)
try to grow my all own food
never iodized salt-- only himalayan salt or black salt.
never any meat (too risky + ethical problem w/it) another factor: consumption of negative energy (b/c animal died panicking)
add 'crystal energy' to increase water absorption (dr flanagan)

life:
no cell phone
avoid extremely loud noises (i expect a wave of hearing problems with kids in the future who blast their music in their cars)
avoid wifi when possible
no smart meter
use activated charcoal for health remedies
occasionally listen to solfeggio frequencies
i swirl my water to energize it (i firmly believe it has an effect)
"charge" my water/food with orgonite and pyramids
try to do grounding when i can each day
NEVER wear polyester/plastic clothes (you can find 100% cotton socks on amazon)
brush with a mishwak (natural toothbrush)
natural soap
started using soapberries for detergent (works great)
have some yogurt/dairy product before bedtime (the lactobacillus overruns the other bacteria in your mouth so you wont get cavities)
use aluminum free deodorant
spend time being with animals each day. (no facts to back this up-- i personally think its beneficial and stress reducing)
dogs get raw meat often
none of my animals get vaccinated
dont swim in swimming pools

Devine

Star
there are a couple of organic energy and protein drinks now too

Gonna try the gatorade alternative. Appreciate the feedback guys.

As for caffeine. Not sure I experience any ill effects. Although somewhat of an addiction, which I am weening off of. I used to do three monsters a day. Now I'm down to 2 on tuesday and 2 on thursday. Not feeling the need for one everyday is a small step I'm proud of.

I'm still in the journey of bettering myself everyday through all facets of life. So thanks for the information

Devine

Star
cause even at the health food store 98% of the products in the personal care aisle will be full of a buncha chemicals, if you read them.
"Enjoy only two cosmetics enough sleep and dr. bronners soap"

umphreak

Established
How I stay healthy:

-fermented cod liver oil daily
-butter, butter oil, cheese or natural vitamin K2 supplement daily
-desiccated liver
-grass-fed raw milk
-grass-fed yogurt
-bone broth (homemade)
-raw egg yolks (from my hens) in smoothies, plus lots of cooked eggs
-grass-fed beef
-sunlight (no sunscreen unless I'm going to be out in the sun for extended periods of time - then I use zinc oxide baby sunscreen)
-vegetables from my garden
-kelp flakes
-himalayan salt (I used to use Celtic sea salt too, but found out that it's contaminated with microplastics from the ocean!)
-kombucha
-trace mineral drops
-magnesium glycinate
-running around or playing on the trampoline with my son
-I use cannabis in place of OTC and prescription drugs - the only thing I ever take is the occasional aspirin if a headache gets really bad
-epsom salt baths
-I don't wear makeup
-I don't shave (people probably think I'm a total hippy, and they're right, but I'm a conservative hippie ;))
-I am constantly researching and learning new things - important for brain health
-I try to get enough sleep - failing at this one right now, lol
-If I'm really stuck with something I ask the Creator for guidance and blessings

Last edited:

Yahda

Veteran
Fruit and water first thing in the morning.

Balanced meals

I run on an Indian mound at least 2 days a week.

I work out at at home at least 2 days a week for at least 20 minutes ( squats, lunges, sit-ups, ab, thigh workouts )

I avoid salts and sugars in the form of chips doughnuts, cakes soda ( my fav foods)

No fast food

I avoid processed food

I eat healthier foods, use natural products, natural ingredients, herbs....soaps, deodorants, lotions, hair products are all natural.

I use baking soda for everything, and coconut oil, aloe Vera

A daily dose of sun for energy

I make sure I get enough rest and sleep

I surround myself with positive people, and positive things.

Very optimistic, stress free, a good piece of mind, and God first for the most part.

Disclaimer - Every day does not go as planned. I fall off course at times but I'm usually able to get right back on track.

Such a process has taken me years to implement, but the goal is to stick with it until it eventually becomes a lifestyle for me and my family.

Last edited:

Yahda

Veteran
I don't gain weight even though i eat whatever i feel like eating and alot of it so yea
i don't remain healthy but it just happens lol

I'm like that too. I'm kind of thin so at one point in my life I felt that if I didn't consume any and everything in reach that I would loose weight.

However I became curious as to how I would feel eating healthier and exercising. I must say I feel a whole lot better and all my senses seem to be sharper. I think my biggest goal was to become more discipline and more responsible. I started thinking long term.

I always wanted to gain a few pounds. Five to be exact. I know this sound weird but working out ( toning and cardio) has helped me gain a few pounds. Like 3 lol, but I'll take it. I look and feel great.

Haich

Superstar
I don't know how you guys have the time to work out so much, wish I had the time to be as dedicated

I wouldn't say I'm slim, I'm 70kg and 5ft6. I'd probably compare my figure to Rihanna but with more jiggle and junk courtesy of my baby. I'd love to find time to go jogging, we don't have mountains or wides spaces here just canals and roads so most people go to the gym or jog around Hyde park or Richmond Park. I was quite active prior to having a family and would go kickboxing classes and gymnastic clubs.

Any ideas for light workouts?

Yahda

Veteran
I don't know how you guys have the time to work out so much, wish I had the time to be as dedicated

I wouldn't say I'm slim, I'm 70kg and 5ft6. I'd probably compare my figure to Rihanna but with more jiggle and junk courtesy of my baby. I'd love to find time to go jogging, we don't have mountains or wides spaces here just canals and roads so most people go to the gym or jog around Hyde park or Richmond Park. I was quite active prior to having a family and would go kickboxing classes and gymnastic clubs.

Any ideas for light workouts?
If you have a Rihanna figure there's no need to work out lol. On a serious note the gym life was not for me. Not even the 24hr gym. I tried it a few years ago but there just isn't enough hours in the day. I basically went to the gym to work with a personal trainer to learn the correct forms and breathing techniques. Once I pinpointed which muscles I wanted to work, and learned a few exercises I branched out on my own.

Still, making time to work out was a challenge. It's not that I didn't have time, I sometimes made excuses. " I'm tired, I'll do it tomorrow, maybe this weekend......."

What helped me was that I started utilizing the track on the park a half block away. Well it's kinda right behind my house. I have no excuse. I try to do 3-4 laps a day which takes less that 20 minutes.

I stopped going to the park and started going to the mound for a more intense workout which is about 200 steps 200 ft tall. I usually run it up, and back down at least 4 times. It take 10 minutes to get there, and I run for about an half an hour skipping every other step. So that's less than an hour out of my day, 2-3 days a week.

I do at least 70 squats a day. 20-25 when I wake up, maybe another 20 before I shower and the rest before bed. 20 squats takes less than 2 minutes. Btw I saw results after 2 weeks. Later a few lunges, a few ab exercises, couple push ups or something and I'm done. A 20 minute workout is all you need. Find your target areas, and learn how to work them. You tube helped me. Along with 2, 2 1/2 pound hand weights. I also use workout bands. I have a workout ball, a jump rope, a waste wrap, ankle weights, a workout mat and an ab roller. Considering I only work out for about 20 minutes. In my head weights, and bands double the time. In my head that's like 40 minutes lol ?

As I said my biggest goal I wanted to work on was discipline. If I can find 20 minutes to do other stuff I can take 20 minutes to work out. If you watch tv you can do squats and lunges doing every commercial. You just have to get creative.

Haich

Superstar
I'm current Rihanna figure, if you've Seen her recently she's pretty thick in comparison to what she looked like before. She looks great but I'm not so confident with the extra weight, once you have a kid your body has some mileage lol imagine Rihanna post baby.

That's good advice, you're right it is a matter of discipline and also patience, I guess my best workout time will have to be evenings or nights I'm working mornings and afternoons I'm busy with family. Even if I'm exhausted I'll try some basic exercises. There's an American lady called Gillian (can't remember her surname) and I had her dvd, some ab and whole body workout and it's about 40 minutes but it was a pretty decent session.

I guess my target areas are toning my tummy, it's not big but I have lose skin due to c section. My thighs and arms could do with some strengthening exercises too, I walk an awful lot so my calves are pretty solid.

I have weights somewhere around the house but I used to use 2 litre soda bottles as I had an injury on my arm, but when the doctor gives me the all clear I'll dig them out

Wish there was a slim pill

Devine

Star
haich how old is your baby again?
i think "working out" is stupid reminds me of lab rats on spinning wheels in front of screen. housework, gardening, walking in the woods (sometimes referred to as "hiking" haha)that's what i do