How Do You Stay Healthy?

Maes17

Superstar
what exercises have you done for your mind?
Does a rubics cube count?
Video games. Detailing my personal vehicles relaxes my mind, allows me to concentrate on little things that I train my eye to catch. I haven’t practiced in other facets, but it’s a nice skillset to have.

Marlowe

what exercises have you done for your mind?
For the past 10 years I have been spending a lot time on-line until recently. I took a break from my normal routine and started reading books. It felt great. I am thinking that too much time on-line almost makes one stagnant. Plus, since not being on-line, I have started to pick up the phone. Sounds basic but I just had a conversation the other day about how dressing can affect your attitude, confidence and the colors affecting your moods. It has been a strange year so I seem to be more in-tune to my mood and mind.

polymoog

Superstar
How to Make a Testosterone Formulary (T-Up)
big fan of tony pantelleresco!!!
thats an older video... hes got the whole basement blocked off with foil now.
ive got a thread on his blue light/bad for your eyes so wear yellow lens glasses protocol.

Brushing teeth lowers diabetes risk.
The researchers began by noting that “inflammation plays an important role in the development of diabetes.” In addition, they pointed out that “periodontal disease is also common in the general population.” As a result, they proposed a hypothesis: because periodontal disease and poor oral health can trigger inflammation, periodontal disease and oral hygiene are associated with the onset of diabetes (both type 1 and type 2).

Maes17

Superstar
Heavy squatting. Finally doing 315lbs for reps with no knee sleeves/belt.

Two days of cardio

Tidal

Star
I used to be in a cycling club but haven't done a shred of physical exercise of any kind for 20 years, I'm a real couch potato and am 72 and still in good health.
However, I do mental exercise all the time and am on the computer 16 hours a day doing the rounds of assorted forums, playing tactical/strategy games and flight simulators, surfing youtube, writing articles etc, it's all great FUN.
My point is that a healthy active mind probably has a trickle-down effect on the body, which follows suit.
Oh, and my strong Christian mindset probably has something to do with it too because we regard life on earth as just a temporary thing not to be taken seriously..:)

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- am on the computer 16 hours a day
------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats bad.
Haha you remind me of my old man..:)
When I was a kid in the 1950's and brought new model kits home he'd sneer "Huh, been wasting your money again?"
What a dick, perhaps he'd have preferred me to run wild with the local street gang instead of sitting quietly up in my room building the Cutty Sark?
Today of course it's computers and daft parents are saying to their kids "Switch off and get a life"..:)

Tidal

Star
..I just had a conversation the other day about how dressing can affect your attitude, confidence and the colors affecting your moods..

Good point, if people dress boring, they subconsciously become boring.
I like to dress coolio, for example this is me in the combat jacket I recently bought to strut around town in, it's reversible with browny autumn colours on one side, and greeny summer colours on the other.. :cool:

PS- are there any military history buffs at VC who'd like to try identifying the style and cut etc?

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Today of course it's computers and daft parents are saying to their kids "Switch off and get a life"..
1. so many hours staring at the screen with no eye protection (see my thread on blue light from monitors) will severely damage your retinas. im wearing yellow glasses as i write this-- i dont fancy macular degeneration.
2. if you are serious about 16 hours, then thats basically your entire waking day. sitting is not good for your health. you need to move around to circulate your lymph. at the very least, you should get up every hour and stretch, move, or walk. you could get a blood clot at your age sitting there for so long.

billy t

Veteran
1) Stick to nutrient dense foods. Meat, eggs, seafood. Fruit in season. Green vegetables are overrated.
2) Avoid grains except white rice. (potatoes and sweet potatoes are good starch sources if you are not trying to lose weight)
3) Avoid vegetable oils. Canola, soy etc. Replace them with butter, ghee, coconunt oil or beef fat.
4) Avoid sugar. This includes fruit juices.
5) Get sun.
6) Get enough sleep and be in a good sleep routine.
7) Exercise. Don't jog. Jogging is overrated. If you insist on jogging then keep it under 10 minutes. Instead of increasing the distance increase the speed. Sprint and walk instead. Lift heavy things.

Tidal

Star
1. so many hours staring at the screen with no eye protection (see my thread on blue light from monitors) will severely damage your retinas. im wearing yellow glasses as i write this-- i dont fancy macular degeneration.
2. if you are serious about 16 hours, then thats basically your entire waking day. sitting is not good for your health. you need to move around to circulate your lymph. at the very least, you should get up every hour and stretch, move, or walk. you could get a blood clot at your age sitting there for so long.

1- Is the 'blue light from monitors' thing just another health scare, or is it a proven fact?
I mean, light is just light ain't it, so how can it be harmful?
Anyway I don't fancy seeing everything through yellow glasses, are they the only type of protection there is?..:)

2- i've always been a great believer in letting my body tell me what it wants, for example sometimes it tells me it wants a juicy steak or cream buns or brussel sprouts etc, so i'm happy to give it them.
It also tells me it likes resting and relaxing, so nowadays I'm happy to be a couch potato..:)

PS- In my younger days I was in a cycling club and my body enjoyed exercise , for examp I once did a cycling trip from Leicester to Paris and back, 800 miles over 8 days, but nowadays my dear old body prefers to chill, I don't worry about health one bit because my philosophy is that we all-

free2018

Star
Need to do more exercise. Do exercise daily, but I need cardio, etc... .Diet is better, but still needs a lot of work.

billy t

Veteran
Yeah, avoiding bl
1- Is the 'blue light from monitors' thing just another health scare, or is it a proven fact?
Anyway I don't fancy seeing everything through yellow glasses, are they the only type of protection there is?..:)

2- i've always been a great believer in letting my body tell me what it wants, for example sometimes it tells me it wants a juicy steak or cream buns or brussel sprouts etc, so i'm happy to give it them.
It also tells me it likes resting and relaxing, so nowadays I'm happy to be a couch potato..:)

PS- In my younger days I was in a cycling club and my body enjoyed exercise , for examp I once did a cycling trip from Leicester to Paris and back, 800 miles over 8 days, but nowadays my dear old body prefers to chill, I don't worry about health one bit because my philosophy is that we all-

Yes, avoiding blue light is really important as well. An easy one to overlook.

polymoog

Superstar

the blue light damages your eyes. its not a health scare like BS-19 or HDL cholesterol. do your research on it.
and no, all light is different. the regular incandescent bulbs were fine. those fluorescent bulbs throw off a LOT of bad EM radiation. its impossible to tell without an EMF meter (q.v. https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/results-of-my-emf-meter.5584/) but its causing damage slowly as you stare at it for many hours.

you are confusing what your body wants with what you desire in your head. do you think morbidly obese people should listen to what their bodies are telling them to do?

do what you want, but even you should be aware that if you dont use it, you lose it: if you dont continue to use those muscle groups at your age, they will atrophy and youll lose that ability. its imperative to continue moving around.

Tidal

Star
...the blue light damages your eyes.. do your research on it...

Thanks I will, I've just emailed a few opticians to ask about it, and if they tell me there are special glasses to protect against it, i'll buy a pair. What sort do you use?

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- i've always been a great believer in letting my body tell me what it wants, for example sometimes it tells me it wants a juicy steak or cream buns or brussel sprouts etc, so i'm happy to give it them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.. you are confusing what your body wants with what you desire in your head. do you think morbidly obese people should listen to what their bodies are telling them to do?

..if you dont continue to use those muscle groups at your age, they will atrophy and youll lose that ability. its imperative to continue moving around.

1- If I was morbidly obese I'd cut down on my food intake, but at 72 I've still got exactly the same 5 ft 8" trim body I had when I was 18, here's a pic of me I took just the other day in my new combat jacket--

2- But at 72 my muscles are naturally not as supple as they used to be so I doubt if I could do serious exercise anyway, and it might even damage my muscles! The only exercise I take is the 1-mile walk into town or the grocers about 3 times a week, I go the long way round to cut across Plymouth Hoe to see its nice sea views, the olde english word 'Hoe' means "high place" and it certainly has me panting and sweating a bit getting up there.
And as I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment block, trudging up the stairs with a heavy rucksack of groceries on my back makes me sweat and pant even more..:)

PS- I've never smoked or drank , so I think they're the far biggest dangers to people's health.
My hard-smoking hard-drinking Hell's Angel bro-in-law once said to me "Huh, you're not a man if you don't drink or smoke!"
He died of cancer a few years ago in his mid-60's but I'm still around.. :)

Last edited: