How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full or overflowing with goodness?

How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full or overflowing with goodness?

Not to be a bean counter that ignores the evil that is still with us, but if I look strictly at the statistics for what I call the evil markers, crime, death by violence including war, poverty, poor health and
education; I see them all at the best levels we have ever enjoyed.

This is in spite of the few places where the stats are backsliding, which ironically includes the U.S., a Christian nation; whose
education level is going down, along with its moral sense.

I will let you find whatever stats you might be interested in and will only offer the stats spoken of, at the end of this link.

Richard Dawkins - Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLulcfyqrc0

I see our cup running over in spite of the vile and immoral mainstream religions that we are maintaining, for God only knows why. We can thank all the gods that the religious are not walking their talk and are following more moral ways.

How do you see our collective moral and ethical cup? Half full; or overflowing with goodness?

Regards
DL

JoChris

Superstar
Mankind's moral and ethical cup is completely empty.

Romans 3:10-19 King James Version (KJV)
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Therefore all of mankind - including you - is guilty before God.

Mankind's moral and ethical cup is completely empty.

Romans 3:10-19 King James Version (KJV)
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Therefore all of mankind - including you - is guilty before God.
Who cares what a mythical man made construct thinks.

Send your imaginary genocidal son murdering prick to me so that I can kill the S.O.B.

Regards
DL

That is why I would put him and his God out of their misery. If either were real that is.

Regards
DL
Paul probably did exist and he is one of if not the most destructive people in history. His Christianity has left a bloody scar across the world and untold generations of human beings have been severely damaged.

Paul probably did exist and he is one of if not the most destructive people in history. His Christianity has left a bloody scar across the world and untold generations of human beings have been severely damaged.
The last time I read a pre-amble to the bible and the various gospels, they indicated that no one knew the real identity of the writers. That is why we ended up with a bunch of Middle Eastern guys with English names.

Whoever Paul was, I see him as a Roman puppet. I think this link shows a researcher who is on the right track.

Given the poor moral positions that one of the Jesus' spouted, I would not be surprised.

What does surprise me is how much of the Gnostic Christian ideas and better moral positions were left for us to find.

Regards
DL

JoChris

Superstar
1. Paul was quoting from the Old Testament.
[Solomon] Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Psalms, Job, Ezekiel, Deuteronomy, Exodus are in the Old Testament.
https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Psalm+14:3

2. Jesus said the same thing. Full chapter. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+7&version=KJV
Mark 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Are you two going to curse Jesus as well?

P.S. GCB you can read many things on the internet. If you believe speculators on YouTube then you are gullible enough to believe the Flat Earth cultists as well.

See ya. You got the BIBLICAL answer GCB. Any of you can curse it all you like, doesn't stop it from being true.

The last time I read a pre-amble to the bible and the various gospels, they indicated that no one knew the real identity of the writers. That is why we ended up with a bunch of Middle Eastern guys with English names.
That is true that authorship is far from certain. Just one of the many reasons to avoid the literalist trap.

T

Whoever Paul was, I see him as a Roman puppet. I think this link shows a researcher who is on the right track.

Given the poor moral positions that one of the Jesus' spouted, I would not be surprised.

What does surprise me is how much of the Gnostic Christian ideas and better moral positions were left for us to find.

Regards
DL
It is to me very likely that Paul was a Roman agent/puppet. Good video there.

1. Paul was quoting from the Old Testament.
[Solomon] Ecclesiastes 7:20 For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not.

Ecclesiastes, Isaiah, Psalms, Job, Ezekiel, Deuteronomy, Exodus are in the Old Testament.
https://www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Psalm+14:3

2. Jesus said the same thing. Full chapter. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+7&version=KJV
Mark 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Are you two going to curse Jesus as well?

P.S. GCB you can read many things on the internet. If you believe speculators on YouTube then you are gullible enough to believe the Flat Earth cultists as well.

See ya. You got the BIBLICAL answer GCB. Any of you can curse it all you like, doesn't stop it from being true.
Ok and? The Old Testament is definitely not meant to be taken literally. Jesus is of course symbolically reminding of us our animal natures and to keep our minds in check, but that is a lot different than the self-hatred that is so deep and central to the Pauline corpus.

LOL.

You call me guillible, while you are the one believing in real talking serpents and donkeys and a water walking God who can be both immortal and die.

Log to my splinter buddy.

Listen. Learn. Or remain a gullible fool.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using withthe literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said thatwhen asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg,said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to yourneighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, goand study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal readingof myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greekcommentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take thesetexts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put thesesort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deepermeaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would havethem do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transitionfrom reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL