How do you plan your future personally?

Escaping to the countries where elite control is less?

Escaping to the countryside and learning to be self-sufficient?

Escaping to the mountains and returning to primitive life?

justjess

Superstar
Escaping to the countryside on top of a mountain :cool:

Goal is to be completely self sufficient within the next few years. I thought I had more time then I did.

if we are in the mountain and we are not buying anything? Protecting the house from the cold or just protecting the house is a problem. And we don't have canned food.

free2018

Star
I had a detailed plan on a personal side and in business. That all disappeared in December.
I now have the same ideas in mind in a general way, but I have no target dates in mind.
At some point, I would love to not live near a big city.
It's endless.

justjess

Superstar
if we are in the mountain and we are not buying anything? Protecting the house from the cold or just protecting the house is a problem. And we don't have canned food.
Well I mean... if this is making future personal plans wouldn’t all of those things be taken into consideration? Or do you want to just go with what you already have?

Maes17

Superstar
System wise - Saving as much as I can.
We’re not big spenders, content but not satisfied. Budget accordingly.

Off grid - definitely self sufficient. We’ve been self sufficient(my family) going back to 2016. The wife and I lived out of state for a few years, so we learned how to thrive on our own.

System wise - Saving as much as I can.
We’re not big spenders, content but not satisfied. Budget accordingly.

Off grid - definitely self sufficient. We’ve been self sufficient(my family) going back to 2016. The wife and I lived out of state for a few years, so we learned how to thrive on our own.
Where do you get meat and vegetables?

Maes17

Superstar
Where do you get meat and vegetables?
Veggies we grow. We have a garden.
Did cucumbers and watermelon for a bit. We know how to grow. Haven’t done it in a couple years though.

Meat - honestly local butcher shop. If we ever become where shtf, well time to become a hunter gather. But I’m not jumping to that conclusion just yet.

Thunderian

Superstar
Ehh.. fireplaces work fine.
There is no heat like that from a big, wood-burning stove. We rented a place a few years back that had one in the basement. I would fill it at night, damp it down, and there is no cozier feeling in the world than waking up in a house that’s been heated thoroughly through the night.

If we were to go off the grid, a stove like that would be a must have.

justjess

Superstar
I love wood burning fireplaces. We literally managed to survive with only them for thousands of years.

Masonry fireplaces like the Nordic countries have do provide more even heat with less pollution and use far less wood/wood chips to work. Whenever I get the funds to build my own place that is a priority.

justjess

Superstar
I love them too but when you have tens of thousands of people burning them at the same time it’s horrible. It literally hurts your lungs to breathe up there when it spikes. They have been trying to get people to switch to more efficient ones or to oil stoves.
The masonry fireplaces (?) are super efficient. I don’t know how oil stoves can be considered less polluting tbh but in thinking forward I’m also not entirely concerned with the level of pollution, more my ability to sustain in an environment where modern conveniences aren’t available.

50+ acres and an alternate heating source... lots of trees on that many acres. Geothermal Heating with a solar power source is good too I just don’t know how feasible that is in the bitterly cold northern mountain winters. My husband is the heat guy, never asked him.

Maes17

Superstar
There is no heat like that from a big, wood-burning stove. We rented a place a few years back that had one in the basement. I would fill it at night, damp it down, and there is no cozier feeling in the world than waking up in a house that’s been heated thoroughly through the night.

If we were to go off the grid, a stove like that would be a must have.
My grandma still has one. When my mom goes over for dinner, she is cooking tortillas on that thing

justjess

Superstar
if you don't buy anything and you don't use money, you cannot use electricity either.

you will not use money for the rest of your life. you will not pay the bill. you will not join any central system.
Do you know what geothermal is? It can be run on a solar system with a battery component. I’m not talking about being hooked to a grid. Electricity in general can be run on a solar system with a battery component. Those batteries are available now. They weren’t a couple years ago.

kittybratxx

Established
Escaping is easier said than done, with all the government surveillance being put into cities tracking your mobiles, Drone technology, But i wish everyone the best and hope and pray that they can escape.