How Do You Get Sins Erased From Your Record?

Kung Fu

Superstar
You simply ask him for forgiveness and really mean it. And you change your ways as best as you can. God forgives when you really mean it! And the bible says that a man ca ask for forgiveness 100 times and shall be forgiven 100 times.
This is not too different from Islam as well.

So do you have to also say Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi 100 times a day along with all the other requirements such as believing in Allah specifically, believing in Muhammad and following the pillars, and having your supposed Good deeds outweigh your Bad deeds?

This verse shows the clear difference between the god of Islam and the One True God YHWH. This verse shows Islam is based on works, say this 100 times a day, then you will be forgiven. What if you miss a day or two or hundreds? Are your sins not forgiven, or only not the amount equal to the foam of the sea?

YHWH says Repent and Believe that Christ came and died for your Sins and confess with your mouth He is the Son of God and you will be forgiven, for by Grace thru Faith we are forgiven not of works lest any man boast!!!
The God of Islam is the God of Moses, Jesus and all the prophets. It's a shame that you have very little knowledge of Islam and what it means to submit one's will completely to the only true God, yet act with arrogance as if you know. A shame indeed.

Daciple

Star
The God of Islam is the God of Moses, Jesus and all the prophets. It's a shame that you have very little knowledge of Islam and what it means to submit one's will completely to the only true God, yet act with arrogance as if you know. A shame indeed.
I could say the same of you, the God of Moses, Jesus and the prophets is YHWH and YWHW has a Son. Its a shame that you have very little knowledge of the God of Moses, Jesus and the prophets, yet act with arrogance as if you know. The only way to know the One True God is to know Christ as your Lord and Savior, since you reject Christ as your Lord and Savior at the moment, you dont know the One True God, and that is a shame indeed...

I could say the same of you, the God of Moses, Jesus and the prophets is YHWH and YWHW has a Son. Its a shame that you have very little knowledge of the God of Moses, Jesus and the prophets, yet act with arrogance as if you know. The only way to know the One True God is to know Christ as your Lord and Savior, since you reject Christ as your Lord and Savior at the moment, you dont know the One True God, and that is a shame indeed...
If that's all you can say, then to you your way of life and to me mine. The Only true God will judge between us in the matters that we differ.

Daciple

Star
If that's all you can say, then to you your way of life and to me mine. The Only true God will judge between us in the matters that we differ.
There is much I could expand upon, and quote the Scriptures from the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob in the Old Testament prior to either Islam or Christianity that shows that Christ was to come, die for the Sins of the People, that YHWH the One True God has a Son and that those who dont put their trust in Him will suffer wrath. For example Psalm 2 will show that YHWH has a Son and that you must put your Trust in Him, reverence Him or else you will suffer the Wrath of God.

Ps 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

The word translated Kiss here means to reverence, it also clearly states that YHWH has a Son whom He has begotten, which I have written elsewhere the correct understanding of that ideology. Do you believe and accept the Scripture of the Most High the One True God, that clearly states He has a Son whom He has begotten, and that you must reverence Him and put your trust in Him or else perish? If not then you dont know the One True God. Thats just one of hundreds of examples we can point to in the Scriptures of YHWH the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. And it only thru Christ the Son of God that one can attain forgiveness, to be on topic.

There is much I could expand upon, and quote the Scriptures from the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob in the Old Testament prior to either Islam or Christianity that shows that Christ was to come, die for the Sins of the People, that YHWH the One True God has a Son and that those who dont put their trust in Him will suffer wrath. For example Psalm 2 will show that YHWH has a Son and that you must put your Trust in Him, reverence Him or else you will suffer the Wrath of God.

Ps 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

The word translated Kiss here means to reverence, it also clearly states that YHWH has a Son whom He has begotten, which I have written elsewhere the correct understanding of that ideology. Do you believe and accept the Scripture of the Most High the One True God, that clearly states He has a Son whom He has begotten, and that you must reverence Him and put your trust in Him or else perish? If not then you dont know the One True God. Thats just one of hundreds of examples we can point to in the Scriptures of YHWH the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. And it only thru Christ the Son of God that one can attain forgiveness, to be on topic.
@Daciple
To be a Muslim means to submit one's self to the Will of Almighty God, obeying His commands, staying away from His prohibitions and worshipping Him Alone without asociating any partners or offspring to Him. All of God's prophets and their true disciples (those mentioned in the OT and NT) were Muslim - in submission to God.

After knowing Islam, I can say without a doubt that your interpretation of the words of the prophets (including Jesus) contained in the OT and NT, are distorted and misguided. I would rather be thrown into fire than believe what you claim. To me my way and to you yours.

Daciple

Star
All of God's prophets and their true disciples (those mentioned in the OT and NT) were Muslim - in submission to God.
I mean you can say that but none of them would agree, they are all in Heaven with Christ worshiping the One True God, YHWH.

After knowing Islam, I can say without a doubt that your interpretation of the words of the prophets (including Jesus) contained in the OT and NT, are distorted and misguided.
Islam itself is a distorted and misguided attempt to reinterpret the Scriptures of the One True God and deny the one thing that brings Salvation, faith in the Son of God, faith in Christ!!

I would rather be thrown into fire than believe what you claim
Then so be it, God will give you exactly as you wish.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I mean you can say that but none of them would agree, they are all in Heaven with Christ worshiping the One True God, YHWH.
That's is just your opinion.

Islam itself is a distorted and misguided attempt to reinterpret the Scriptures of the One True God and deny the one thing that brings Salvation, faith in the Son of God, faith in Christ!!
Right, because the Father impregnating His mother to give birth to Himself so He could then die for everyone else including newborn babies makes complete sense and Islam is the one that's distorted and misguided lol.

Then so be it, God will give you exactly as you wish.
She would if she was following an illogical man-god like the Greeks and Romans used to follow.

Daciple

Star
hat's is just your opinion.
No thats not my opinion, that specifically what the Word of God states. My opinion doesnt matter and neither does yours, what matters is what the Word of God states. Here is just one example of Scripture showing that Moses along with the Old Testament saints are worshiping in Heaven with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Lamb sent to take away the Sins of the World:

Rev 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

Right, because the Father impregnating His mother to give birth to Himself so He could then die for everyone else including newborn babies makes complete sense and Islam is the one that's distorted and misguided lol.
Yeah like I thought you have no concept or understanding of the ideology of Begotten, nor clearly the understanding of Age of Accountability or it seems even Sin in general. However we can see that you attempt to mock the belief, but you only mock God and Christ...

She would if she was following an illogical man-god like the Greeks and Romans used to follow.
She is following the illogical man made god of a Sinful man named Muhammad, whose false god created a system specifically designed to keep his followers from the one path to Salvation as plainly stated in the Word of God. And as I said she will go exactly where she wishes, as God never forces people into Hell, everyone who ends up in Hell chooses to go there over the uncountable attempts of YHWH desperately has sent to show you the path He created for your redemption.

Daciple

Star
My brother, all sleep in the grave until the resurrection:
Jhn 5:28 - “Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice
Jhn 5:29 - “and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation

The Lord Jesus is the only one to have Risen for now:
1Co 15:20 - But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep.
1Co 15:23 - But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ's at His coming,
I dont subscribe to the false doctrine of Soul Sleep, the Word is very clear on this no need to go into a discussion about it, especially in this thread:

2 Cor 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Kung Fu

Superstar
No thats not my opinion, that specifically what the Word of God states.
How can your scripture be the Word of God when it has been categorically proven by scholars and historians that it contains interpolations not to mention the many different Bibles?

Yeah like I thought you have no concept or understanding of the ideology of Begotten, nor clearly the understanding of Age of Accountability or it seems even Sin in general. However we can see that you attempt to mock the belief, but you only mock God and Christ...
Keep telling yourself that buddy.

She is following the illogical man made god of a Sinful man named Muhammad, whose false god created a system specifically designed to keep his followers from the one path to Salvation as plainly stated in the Word of God. And as I said she will go exactly where she wishes, as God never forces people into Hell, everyone who ends up in Hell chooses to go there over the uncountable attempts of YHWH desperately has sent to show you the path He created for your redemption.
According to you Jesus(pbuh) was a man but also a god therefore he was a man-god just like how the Greeks and and Romans viewed their gods. Can you see the connection now or are you still navigating blind?

Alanantic

Star
My thinking is, if you can't forgive yourself, neither God, Jesus, or anybody's forgiveness doesn't mean much. And if you CAN forgive yourself, you don't need anybody else's forgiveness.

So do you have to also say Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi 100 times a day along with all the other requirements such as believing in Allah specifically, believing in Muhammad and following the pillars, and having your supposed Good deeds outweigh your Bad deeds?
It's a matter of being ever in a state of remembrance of God - glorifying and honoring His Name and fearing Him Alone. karlysymon posted about it in the favorite bible verses thread. :) God's forgiveness is only for those who believe in Him and follow His Guidance (i.e. those who love Him and ask for His Forgiveness and Mercy).

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
My thinking is, if you can't forgive yourself, neither God, Jesus, or anybody's forgiveness doesn't mean much. And if you CAN forgive yourself, you don't need anybody else's forgiveness.
That is the distinction between guilt and shame. Guilt is perhaps best discribed as a legal, moral failure. Shame is when we fall short of our own subjective standards...

We can feel no shame for genuine sin, and feel guilt (which is really shame) where there is no real moral failure.

Daciple

Star
Death and Awakening

11/15/04 From The Lord, Our God and Savior - The Word of The Lord Spoken to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear (Regarding the state of the dead[1])

Thus says The Lord: All people sleep in death, both those who have done good and those who have done evil. In no way are they among the living, nor are they aware; they know nothing at all, for all their thoughts have perished with them. All remain at rest, until the day I call them to awake; some to the first, the resurrection of life, and many more to the second, the resurrection of judgment... Blessed and holy are those who take part in the first resurrection, for over them the second death has no power, as it is written.
You have heard it said, “To be absent from the body is to be present with The Lord.” This saying is true. For all those who die in The Messiah will indeed look upon Him at the Last Day, yet it will be to them as the blink of an eye. For the dead know not the passage of time, nor do they know they have fallen asleep. Thus there is indeed life after death, yet during death there is most certainly not.
For I tell you the truth, if there is life during death, as it is commonly taught amongst the people, then none truly die. And if all have the victory over death as living spirits, then all are like The Messiah, thereby making The New Covenant useless and the resurrection of no effect. This teaching is false, denying both the sacrifice of The Messiah and the Word of God. For if none truly die, then The Messiah is no longer the firstfruits of those who have died. And if He is not the first to be freed from death and the grave, then The Messiah did not die. And if The Messiah did not die, then the power of sin has the victory, and the grave has become your final resting place, leaving you with no hope of salvation.
Yet the Scriptures do not lie: The penalty of sin is death! And yet the churches continue to stand divided against themselves, corrupting My Word as they fall in line with satan, deceiving and being deceived, preaching, “You will not surely die”,[2] teaching that which runs contrary to the Scriptures.

Therefore, hear The Word of The Lord, O foolish and deceived generation: If as you say there is no death, and all continue on as living souls, whether it be in Heaven or in hell or in some other place, then you also say there is no God and no Son whom He sent to save you from death. Where then does that leave you?... You are lost!... A people without hope, multitudes of deceived people who lie one to the other, waiting for their own inevitable destruction, a creation wrought in vain!
Yet My Son paid the penalty for your sins, even unto death... He is risen!... The Firstfruits from the dead, by which you also are delivered from the power of death, if you so choose to receive of His life. For I have already told you, the penalty of sin is death; from the beginning, I declared it. And since the first man, Adam, even unto this day, all have lain down in death. For all have sinned, there is none righteous, no, not one. Yet in My mercy, I have made death liken unto a dreamless sleep, so those I love do not suffer in death, but only close their eyes to this life, then open them again to the face of YahuShua, The Lord, their Redeemer, He who is called Christ and Jesus. For He alone will stretch out His hand in that day, and lift His beloved from the grave in which all must sleep, save those who remain awake at His coming, as it is written.[3]

And behold, the time is indeed coming, when all
Who are in the grave will hear His voice and come out!...

Those who have done good, to the resurrection of life!...

And those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment...

I am The Lord.
If you would like to discuss this topic I would suggest creating a Thread dedicated to it and if I have the time Id be happy to speak upon it, but I dont think this is the Thread to continue this discussion brother!

Alanantic

Star
Death and Awakening

11/15/04 From The Lord, Our God and Savior - The Word of The Lord Spoken to Timothy, For All Those Who Have Ears to Hear (Regarding the state of the dead[1])

Thus says The Lord: All people sleep in death, both those who have done good and those who have done evil. In no way are they among the living, nor are they aware; they know nothing at all, for all their thoughts have perished with them. All remain at rest, until the day I call them to awake; some to the first, the resurrection of life, and many more to the second, the resurrection of judgment... Blessed and holy are those who take part in the first resurrection, for over them the second death has no power, as it is written.
You have heard it said, “To be absent from the body is to be present with The Lord.” This saying is true. For all those who die in The Messiah will indeed look upon Him at the Last Day, yet it will be to them as the blink of an eye. For the dead know not the passage of time, nor do they know they have fallen asleep. Thus there is indeed life after death, yet during death there is most certainly not.
For I tell you the truth, if there is life during death, as it is commonly taught amongst the people, then none truly die. And if all have the victory over death as living spirits, then all are like The Messiah, thereby making The New Covenant useless and the resurrection of no effect. This teaching is false, denying both the sacrifice of The Messiah and the Word of God. For if none truly die, then The Messiah is no longer the firstfruits of those who have died. And if He is not the first to be freed from death and the grave, then The Messiah did not die. And if The Messiah did not die, then the power of sin has the victory, and the grave has become your final resting place, leaving you with no hope of salvation.
Yet the Scriptures do not lie: The penalty of sin is death! And yet the churches continue to stand divided against themselves, corrupting My Word as they fall in line with satan, deceiving and being deceived, preaching, “You will not surely die”,[2] teaching that which runs contrary to the Scriptures.

Therefore, hear The Word of The Lord, O foolish and deceived generation: If as you say there is no death, and all continue on as living souls, whether it be in Heaven or in hell or in some other place, then you also say there is no God and no Son whom He sent to save you from death. Where then does that leave you?... You are lost!... A people without hope, multitudes of deceived people who lie one to the other, waiting for their own inevitable destruction, a creation wrought in vain!
Yet My Son paid the penalty for your sins, even unto death... He is risen!... The Firstfruits from the dead, by which you also are delivered from the power of death, if you so choose to receive of His life. For I have already told you, the penalty of sin is death; from the beginning, I declared it. And since the first man, Adam, even unto this day, all have lain down in death. For all have sinned, there is none righteous, no, not one. Yet in My mercy, I have made death liken unto a dreamless sleep, so those I love do not suffer in death, but only close their eyes to this life, then open them again to the face of YahuShua, The Lord, their Redeemer, He who is called Christ and Jesus. For He alone will stretch out His hand in that day, and lift His beloved from the grave in which all must sleep, save those who remain awake at His coming, as it is written.[3]

And behold, the time is indeed coming, when all
Who are in the grave will hear His voice and come out!...

Those who have done good, to the resurrection of life!...

And those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment...

I am The Lord.
You do know that quoting scripture is "preaching to the choir". Nobody else appreciates it.

Alanantic

Star
Those who are His do.
God bless you.
I appreciate your enthusiasm. Fairly new Christian? I was raised one, sang in the choir, played in a Christian "easy rock" band, even converted a good friend who became an evangelist! (Art Apgar) My doubts finally eclipsed my faith. I got into Eastern Thought and never looked back.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I appreciate your enthusiasm. Fairly new Christian? I was raised one, sang in the choir, played in a Christian "easy rock" band, even converted a good friend who became an evangelist! (Art Apgar) My doubts finally eclipsed my faith. I got into Eastern Thought and never looked back.
Does that mean that you now prefer the concept of "both-and" and reject the "A is not non-A" concept of truth (as I understand Eastern thought)?