How Do You Get Sins Erased From Your Record?

JoChris

Superstar
You want to talk religion, than you are asking for the projections of others. Because it's a rare person that will sacrifice their beliefs, even just for common courtesy. If your goal is to spread your faith, I would suggest targeting those who are open to it. There's a lot of people out there who are like an open book, with some blank pages. If you just like to argue for the sake of arguing, that's cool too. But I like to think I'm above most of all that.

As far as repentance goes my worldview tells me it's a completely pointless endeavor. Christ's only real purpose on Earth was to teach the "Gnosis". Anything else is irrelevant. The idea of Sin to me, is simply a social construct. It's just stuff people were taught growing up. Like we could completely remove the idea of Sin without affecting the moral compass of the world. This tells me the idea isn't Godly, but man made.

Ascension can only be achieved through the "Gnosis". The goal is to leave this physical world behind. You have to be immaterial, or you simply cannot be saved. All the repentance and prayer in the world wont make one bit of difference if your true love is money, and things of the physical world. You can't be half of a spiritual person, you need to be wholly spiritual.
Can you show from the bible where Jesus' purpose here on earth was to teach the Gnosis?

JoChris

Superstar
Red Sky at Morning

It surely is untrue considering how some deify Jesus or ascribe him as a son to The Almighty Creator.

Jesus was the way for his people. His era is past. The Prophet for this era is Muhammad. And all of them Prophets preached monotheism.
It isn't merely "some people". His own apostles who walked with Jesus for 3 years and died for their faith in Jesus Christ wrote those things.
Would you be willing to die for what you knew was a lie?

Lady

Star
Dear @God_Is_Formless
Here are some basic questions that you may want to honestly ask yourself regarding the two most important figures of our respective faiths:

Which one would you rather follow as leading you into the ultimate truth-someone who is now dwelling in heaven and seated at the right hand of the Father, or someone whose physical remains are in the bottom of a grave?

Why was one raised to be with the Father, while the other died and remains dead just as any other man?

If you can step back from the learned response of your religion, and admit that Jesus Christ (if in your eyes not more than a prophet) was most definitely a special man with the most special message, and one the likes of which the world has not seen since, then you may be able to start to learn the truth about Who He is.

As you say, and I agree, May the LORD God guide you!

Haich

Superstar
If you can step back from the learned response of your religion, and admit that Jesus Christ (if in your eyes not more than a prophet) was most definitely a special man with the most special message, and one the likes of which the world has not seen since, then you may be able to start to learn the truth about Who He is.
Muslims don't deny this, we just don't accept he was God.

It's interesting how you've referred to him as a man here.

It isn't merely "some people". His own apostles who walked with Jesus for 3 years and died for their faith in Jesus Christ wrote those things. Would you be willing to die for what you knew was a lie?
We've no tangible proof of who died in a state of submission to God or otherwise in any way. God Is The One Who Granted us all life.

Jesus too was included in this partaking of God's Attribute of Ever-Livingness. Our bodies will wither when we shall taste death.

But the soul will live on before dying again when Only God Will Remain Who Suffices To Himself, Being The Apex Of Quintessence.

On that day,

The Angel of Death will then come to God Most High and say: “O God! There remains no one with a soul within the Heavens or the earth except for those whom You wish to remain alive.” Although God Knows who remains alive, He will ask the Angel of Death – “Who remains alive?” The angel will answer: “Only You who is the Ever-Living and who does not experience death. Only the angels who carry the Throne, Gabriel, Michael, and myself remain.” God will say let death come to Gabriel, Michael and the angels which carry the Throne – and they will all die.

Then God will ask the Angel of Death who remains? The angel will answer – “Only the One who Lives and never dies and I – O Lord!” God will then say: “You are a part of My creation and I created you for a purpose and you have completed that purpose – Now you shall die!” Then the Angel of Death will die.

Then only God will remain: That is because He is the First, without any beginning, and He is the Last, without any end, and He is the Evident, and He is the Immanent. He is over everything with complete Power and Knowledge.

Then the entire earth and Heavens will be rolled up in his right Hand and He will announce: I am the All-Compelling. Who is it that has any rule or authority today? Who is the King, the Master and the Ruler today?

There will be no answer – and God, Most High will answer – “To God belongs the Sovereignty and the exclusive Existence."

Listen to the faith force call of your soul and awaken the same in every human being. There's nothing comparable unto God in any way.

Aero

Superstar
Can you show from the bible where Jesus' purpose here on earth was to teach the Gnosis?
Nope. Can you show that the apostles really wrote what's claimed in the bible?

And I can show texts that claim the bible isn't true. But clearly that argument isn't enough. I've seen it stated here before that because the Bible is older it must be more true. Like I'm not going to argue against such shaky logic.

Which one would you rather follow as leading you into the ultimate truth-someone who is now dwelling in heaven and seated at the right hand of the Father, or someone whose physical remains are in the bottom of a grave?
It's not about who i would rather follow but as to what is the truth. Being dead or alive is irrelevant.

Jesus asked God to allow him to be present during Prophet Muhammad's era.

Luke 10 Verses 23-24

Then Jesus turned to the disciples and said privately, “Blessed are the eyes that see what you see.

For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.”

Why was one raised to be with the Father, while the other died and remains dead just as any other man?
Nobody is with God literally. Everything remains separate from God. Jesus's mission is not over and is to return to follow Muhammad's way.

If you can step back from the learned response of your religion
There's no learned response of my religion. The soul recognizes truth. There's only One God and nothing can be like Him in any way. Period.

As you say, and I agree, May the LORD God guide you!
Notice the difference between your arrogance and my humble "May God Guide us all".

Also anybody can be like Jesus. It suffices to ask God Almighty to Make you like him or to Make you live his life. And then be steadfast.

Either during this life or after death in Paradise, anybody can get to live the life of those elects of God Almighty. May God Grant that to us all.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Nope. Can you show that the apostles really wrote what's claimed in the bible?

And I can show texts that claim the bible isn't true. But clearly that argument isn't enough. I've seen it stated here before that because the Bible is older it must be more true. Like I'm not going to argue against such shaky logic.
The information is there for those who wish to find it...

"In The Authenticity of the New Testament Part 1: The Gospels, Cooper brings to light many of the more obscure items of archaeological and palaeographical evidence which together force the conclusion that the New Testament is entirely authentic, its Gospels being reliable and trustworthy accounts of the events, people and places which they describe. Of particular focus are many of the hidden items of evidence which the critics keep from the general public, but which are all a matter of historical record. The book is a thoroughly documented discussion of the challenges against the New Testament mounted by the 'higher critics' since the 19th century, and the evidence which demonstrates both the weaknesses and the falsity of those challenges. It is required reading for any who would delve into the subject of the Bible's authenticity."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Authenticity-New-Testament-Part-Gospels-ebook/dp/B00EZVOSVW

Aero

Superstar
The information is there for those who wish to find it...

"In The Authenticity of the New Testament Part 1: The Gospels, Cooper brings to light many of the more obscure items of archaeological and palaeographical evidence which together force the conclusion that the New Testament is entirely authentic, its Gospels being reliable and trustworthy accounts of the events, people and places which they describe. Of particular focus are many of the hidden items of evidence which the critics keep from the general public, but which are all a matter of historical record. The book is a thoroughly documented discussion of the challenges against the New Testament mounted by the 'higher critics' since the 19th century, and the evidence which demonstrates both the weaknesses and the falsity of those challenges. It is required reading for any who would delve into the subject of the Bible's authenticity."

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Authenticity-New-Testament-Part-Gospels-ebook/dp/B00EZVOSVW
Appreciate the suggestion. But the author seems heavily biased. From what I can tell his work is more about the anti religious conspiracies than the actual evidence. Because it's never a religions fault if they are losing followers, it must be a conspiracy? Find me a book not written by a Vice President of the creation science movement.

I mean of course he will confirm his own beliefs, over and over again. And connecting dots through references isn't proof the apostles were real. This is a problem none of you can solve. That's your leap of faith. You find comfort in the story telling, and that's it. If it didn't comfort you, you would be an atheist.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Appreciate the suggestion. But the author seems heavily biased. From what I can tell his work is more about the anti religious conspiracies than the actual evidence. Because it's never a religions fault if they are losing followers, it must be a conspiracy? Find me a book not written by a Vice President of the creation science movement.

I mean of course he will confirm his own beliefs, over and over again. And connecting dots through references isn't proof the apostles were real. This is a problem none of you can solve. That's your leap of faith. You find comfort in the story telling, and that's it. If it didn't comfort you, you would be an atheist.
Faith, reason and bias...

An interesting can of worms - are any of us in fact unbiased. You you believe it is possible to employ reason to sit above our biassed and examine belief rationally? I do, but that belief does not flow from scientific naturalism...

Charles Darwin stated this problem in his personal letter to W. Graham on July 3, 1881:

"But then with me the horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man’s mind, which has always been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey’s mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?"

Etagloc

Superstar

An interesting can of worms - are any of us in fact unbiased. You you believe it is possible to employ reason to sit above our biassed and examine belief rationally? I do, but that belief does not flow from scientific naturalism...

Charles Darwin stated this problem in his personal letter to W. Graham on July 3, 1881:

"But then with me the horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man’s mind, which has always been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey’s mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?"
Horrid doubt arises whether any one should trust in the convictions of Charles Darwin's mind.

Aero

Superstar

I think bias is a natural thing. So we shouldn't try to measure whether something is biased or not, but the level of bias present. Meaning a book by a man who has dedicated his whole life, and career to his christian faith is the most biased you can find. Like why can't I just have the book for free? Isn't it that important? I mean he is talking about confirming the word of God.

I'm Not saying someone shouldn't be rewarded monetarily for their work. But that's what I see for like all of these authors and scholars. It's their job to say these things. They have bills to pay, and families to feed. So what I'm saying is the person I would listen to would have to follow certain criteria. They can't have a financial investment in their faith. They can't of followed the faith all their life. The most independent minds are what I seek.

I also think if there were modern day prophets people what have a much easier time believing. Like we really think God only sent a single prophet? My beliefs are built off of practical application and a deep sense of self. Nobody taught me my worldview. It just happens to fit with Gnosticism.

Lady

Star
Muslims don't deny this, we just don't accept he was God.

It's interesting how you've referred to him as a man here.
It was for God_is_Formless' sake since stating the true believer's stance on the deity of Christ has caused him such a roadblock in his thinking past the issue.

Thanks for taking note (cherry-picking) as I was sincerely addressing our friend, GIF.