How Do You Get Sins Erased From Your Record?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No idea what that means. The difference is between Salvation and Enlightenment; belief and Gnosis.
The Beatles summed up the philosophy in "The Walrus"...

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

I don't buy that one, not wishing to be discourteous...,

Alanantic

Star
No, I asked The Lord Jesus into my heart almost 40 yrs ago. I dabbled in the “new age” for a few yrs before until my faith finally eclipsed my doubts, lol.
I got into Jesus and never looked back.
I see the hand of God in my life every day and I saw my wife instantly miraculously healed 15 yrs ago after doctors had given her a death sentence.
God bless.
I admit I need to respect people's paths more. We're all headed toward the same Thing...eventually.

floss

Star
I admit I need to respect people's paths more. We're all headed toward the same Thing...eventually.
I don't believe every path lead to the same thing, not even eventually. It's either you have the truth or you don't. Do you believe in universalism?

Matthew 7:13-14King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Alanantic

Star
I’ll pick Salvation over enlightenment any day!
Your religion told you, you needed saving. It's not an intrinsic concept to human life. If it was, all religions would have it.

"I believe in strawberries. I'd rather eat one..."

floss

Star
Most people that doesn't think they needed to be save from death to life is because they have a guilty conscience and doesn't want their iniquities revealed. They are afraid of being judged by the Creator. Crossing their finger hoping for nonexistence of a Creator so they can "do what thy wilt".

Alanantic

Star
I don't believe every path lead to the same thing, not even eventually. It's either you have the truth or you don't. Do you believe in universalism?

Matthew 7:13-14King James Version (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Don't know what that means, either, sorry. Everybody has a different definition of God. I start with God is all there is, and beyond human comprehension.

floss

Star
Don't know what that means, either, sorry. Everybody has a different definition of God. I start with God is all there is, and beyond human comprehension.
Can you tell me what do you believe about God? Is there a plan or purpose for you from God?

Alanantic

Star
Can you tell me what do you believe about God? Is there a plan or purpose for you from God?
That can change by the moment, of course, but basically, ...got me thinkin'...All there is, beyond comprehension, moves silently...always here, yet beyond our senses...etc.
Plan or purpose for me? God, I hope so.

Daciple

Star
How can your scripture be the Word of God when it has been categorically proven by scholars and historians that it contains interpolations not to mention the many different Bibles?
Because the Bible lives up to the Test that the Bible itselfs states to use in order to consider it worthy to be considered the Word of God. The test in which it passes is not measured up to by any other text in human creation, proving that it can not be authored by men alone, but instead by men under divine intervention of God Himself. This basless nonsense you are speaking means nothing, the same exact ignorant argument can be stated concerning your text or any text one wishes to claim as Holy, sought out by those who desire to reject said text as not divine. However the Test the Bible sets proves that its of divine origin..

With that said, I have and always will find it hypocritically hilarious that Muslims make this types of arguments against the Bible and then chime in about how it predicts Muhammad. Willful ignorance at its finest, logical hypocracy to the core, either the Bible is the Word of God, divnely inspired or its not. Its not half and half, parts here and there, it should be taken as a whole just as it is, and either to be believe in total or rejected in total. Please never again quote the Bible on this forum to back up any point you wish to make about Muhammad or Islam or else your willful ignorance and hypocrisy will be showing, again, to all...

The Test I spoke about is this:

Is 42:9 Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

What other text declares this? This an objective Test we can run against the Bible, does it truly declare new things and speak of them before they spring forth? And if so to what degree does it make mention of these things? Is it some random broad prophecy, of which could be fulfilled easily eventually? Such as the world will come to an end. Or does it make predictions in explicit detailed ways and then fulfill each point exactly as told?

There are hundreds and hundreds of prophecies in the Bible, which have been fulfilled and are able to be seen as fulfilled by objectively historical accounts. This isnt even speaking to the ones fulfilled within the pages of the Bible itself. Jesus alone fulfilled dozens and dozens of prophecies, confirmed both historically and within the Bible, here is a list of over 300 Jesus alone fulfilled, in detailed accuracy:

http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

But instead of speaking on the myrid of prophecies fulfilled by Jesus let us just look at one, that is extremely detailed and has been fulfilled exactly as spoken, and is objectively seen as fulfilled by historical record, down to the last word. No other text in human existence has or will do this, just this, let alone the hundreds and hundres of others that are recored in the only Word of God, the Bible. I present to you the Prophecy of Tyre:

According to you Jesus(pbuh) was a man but also a god therefore he was a man-god just like how the Greeks and and Romans viewed their gods.
Only a simple mind can declare that Jesus is such as the Greek gods, this argument is as rediculous as those who follow Acharya S and base their ideology on NWO propaganda flims such as Zeitgiest. You are better than this...

Kung Fu

Superstar
Because the Bible lives up to the Test that the Bible itselfs states to use in order to consider it worthy to be considered the Word of God. The test in which it passes is not measured up to by any other text in human creation, proving that it can not be authored by men alone, but instead by men under divine intervention of God Himself. This basless nonsense you are speaking means nothing, the same exact ignorant argument can be stated concerning your text or any text one wishes to claim as Holy, sought out by those who desire to reject said text as not divine. However the Test the Bible sets proves that its of divine origin..
This made absolutely no sense at all. Of course, your text can't be measured to any other text and that's because your text has had many men insert their own interpolations added in throughout time and is still happening to this day. Like I said it has been categorically proven by academics, scholars, and historians that the New Testament has many interpolations we know about and some we probably don't know about and that it contradicts itself. The Word of God, I don't think so. If you want to have a discussion that's fine with me but don't charge in here like you think you hold the absolute truth when we all know that not to be the case.

Show me an interpolation in the Quran? Please don't make claims you can't provide evidence for. You're better than this...

With that said, I have and always will find it hypocritically hilarious that Muslims make this types of arguments against the Bible and then chime in about how it predicts Muhammad. Willful ignorance at its finest, logical hypocracy to the core, either the Bible is the Word of God, divnely inspired or its not. Its not half and half, parts here and there, it should be taken as a whole just as it is, and either to be believe in total or rejected in total. Please never again quote the Bible on this forum to back up any point you wish to make about Muhammad or Islam or else your willful ignorance and hypocrisy will be showing, again, to all...
First of all don't lump me in with other Muslims. Second, show me where I ever used the New Testament as a way to reinforce the coming of Muhammad(pbuh)? Please for the love of God stop making claims that you have no proof of because it makes you look disingenuous.

Daciple

Star
This made absolutely no sense at all.
Then you have a reading comprehension problem. The Bible says, I will tell you the future before it happens, therefore you can look to see if what I said is true. If what the Bible states is to come to pass, does not, then we know the Bible isnt divinely inspired.However since we can look objectively at what the Bible has predicted and see clearly by Historical record that what it has predicted has come true exactly as written, we can stand firm in knowing that it wasnt just written by mortal man. There is no mortal man that can make such predictions and have them come true exactly as written hundreds of years before it comes to pass.

If you still cant comprehend this, the Bible make prophecies and they come true, since they come true we know its the divinely inspired Word of God. No other text stands up to this test...

As I said before we can all play this game of your text is corrupt, your text has different translations ect. Id rather say show me that your text has predicted and fulfilled hundreds of prophecies that can be shown to be fulfilled objectively in history. No other text can do this save the Word of God, the Bible.

As for this stupid game of your text is corrupt, the Koran is just as screwed up as the Bible in terms of translations ect, you of course wont accept it. Also its basically a death penalty to make the statements that the Koran has been rewritten and changed, just ask
Salman Rushdie, the guy who wrote a book called the Satanic Verses, and then had a fatwa put on his head.

Here are some links that go over how the Koran is corrupted as well, but again I dont expect you to accept them as truthful, although they are and I also understand that Textual Criticism is forbidden in Islam:

http://www.bibleprobe.com/corruptedquran.htm

https://books.google.com/books?id=tqFisOXrUQ8C&pg=PA192&lpg=PA192&dq=interpolation+in+the+koran&source=bl&ots=3IJp2fOstL&sig=ynefybzjsRexznj4g3lxMetAeJk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-wtqR7_XWAhULQSYKHYr3BDsQ6AEIMzAC#v=onepage&q=interpolation in the koran&f=false

Again Im not here to show how your text are corrupted, I dont care about that, I care about what the Word of God which is historically verifiable via prophecies says Sin is Forgiven, and that is by Faith in Christ for His Blood shed on the Cross...

Second, show me where I ever used the New Testament as a way to reinforce the coming of Muhammad(pbuh)?
If you look at some of my other posts on this I explain that the "new song" could also be pointing to a "new/future" prophet and then when you take the rest of the verses following it you can easily conclude that the new prophet that fits those descriptions is Muhammad(pbuh).
Red, I implore you to use your logic and reason and therefore working with what we got. Right now the only person who those verses fit to a T are Muhammad(pbuh).
You can say it's speaking of Jesus but verses 10-17 are clearly not about Jesus. Jesus did not sing a new song, he did not make the settlements of Kedar rejoice, he did not make the people of Sela sing, and he was not a warrior. You have two possible situations either the person verses 10-17 describes hasn't come yet or that it's Muhammad(pbuh). Now we already have a condidate that fits the description perfectly (muhammad(pbuh)) who also claimed to be a prophet and sang a new song but I find Christians will deny it because if they didn't it would shatter their belief system.

You telling me I err because there's a person who fits the description perfectly shows me you really have no evidence to the contrary. I'm not trying to win an argument here but merealy let you know that there is no other person this description describes other than Muhammad(pbuh)
Isaiah 42: 10-17 points to no other man that Muhammad(pbuh). There is absolutely no ambiguity as to who the person is.

Song of Praise to the Lord
10 Sing to the Lord a new song,
his praise from the ends of the earth,
you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it,
you islands, and all who live in them.
11 Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices;
let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice.
Let the people of Sela sing for joy;
let them shout from the mountaintops.
12 Let them give glory to the Lord
and proclaim his praise in the islands.
13 The Lord will march out like a champion,
like a warrior he will stir up his zeal;
with a shout he will raise the battle cry
and will triumph over his enemies.
14 “For a long time I have kept silent,
I have been quiet and held myself back.
But now, like a woman in childbirth,
I cry out, I gasp and pant.
15 I will lay waste the mountains and hills
and dry up all their vegetation;
I will turn rivers into islands
and dry up the pools.
16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
17 But those who trust in idols,
who say to images, ‘You are our gods,’
will be turned back in utter shame.
https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/why-do-you-think-jesus-is-the-son-of-god.629/page-3

Kung Fu

Superstar
Then you have a reading comprehension problem. The Bible says, I will tell you the future before it happens, therefore you can look to see if what I said is true. If what the Bible states is to come to pass, does not, then we know the Bible isnt divinely inspired.However since we can look objectively at what the Bible has predicted and see clearly by Historical record that what it has predicted has come true exactly as written, we can stand firm in knowing that it wasnt just written by mortal man. There is no mortal man that can make such predictions and have them come true exactly as written hundreds of years before it comes to pass.
Don't put this on me buddy. You're doing it again. You're typing a lot but not saying anything.

Tell me did the New testament predict that man would insert their own thoughts into it and then claim that it's from God?

The Quran certainly told us this and it hit the nail on the head as seen by the overwhelming amount of evidence by scholars, academics, and historians on its interpolations.

As I said before we can all play this game of your text is corrupt, your text has different translations ect. Id rather say show me that your text has predicted and fulfilled hundreds of prophecies that can be shown to be fulfilled objectively in history. No other text can do this save the Word of God, the Bible.
What's the point. I'll bring up a prophecy from the Quran and you won't accept it and prophecies in the Old Testament can be applied to many different situations. The Christians will say it's Jesus(pbuh), the Jews will tell you Christians to "fuck off" and that it's not about Jesus(pbuh), Muslims will tell you it's about Muhammad(pbuh) and the circle continues.

The New Testament that you have today is completely irrelevant and a book written pretty much by pagans so please don't ever bring it up in my presence as some kind of evidence.

As for this stupid game of your text is corrupt, the Koran is just as screwed up as the Bible in terms of translations ect, you of course wont accept it. Also its basically a death penalty to make the statements that the Koran has been rewritten and changed, just ask
Still waiting on you to show me frauds and fabrications (interpolations) within the Quran?

Daciple

Star
Yes sir, I have studied the different translations of the Bible, and have found the KJV and the textus receptus which underlines the KJV to be the Truest to the original. It would be nice to keep the discussion Kung Fu is trying to derail this thread into, back to the thread you linked or one of the many other threads that have been created specifically to speak on the authenticity of the Bible.

I believe this thread is concerning how one has their Sins forgiven and according to the Word of God, it is by Faith thru Grace in Christs Blood that was shed on the Cross for our Salvation! What a wonderful and loving Savior He is! What I love best is that Christ tells us plainly what the ultimate act of showing love is to one another:

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

No only does He tell us what act is the greatest love one can do for another, He Himself showed how much He loved all of us when He laid down His life for us!!! Amen what an amazing Savior we have, makes me want to shout for joy!!

John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

I am so thankful that Jesus is my Shepard and that He laid down His life for me, no one took it He laid it down, and its because He loves me so much! Amen, God is Good!

Daciple

Star
Don't put this on me buddy. You're doing it again. You're typing a lot but not saying anything.

Tell me did the New testament predict that man would insert their own thoughts into it and then claim that it's from God?

The Quran certainly told us this and it hit the nail on the head as seen by the overwhelming amount of evidence by scholars, academics, and historians on its interpolations.

What's the point. I'll bring up a prophecy from the Quran and you won't accept it and prophecies in the Old Testament can be applied to many different situations. The Christians will say it's Jesus(pbuh), the Jews will tell you Christians to "fuck off" and that it's not about Jesus(pbuh), Muslims will tell you it's about Muhammad(pbuh) and the circle continues.

The New Testament that you have today is completely irrelevant and a book written pretty much by pagans so please don't ever bring it up in my presence as some kind of evidence.

Still waiting on you to show me frauds and fabrications (interpolations) within the Quran?
Let me know when you want to discuss the Forgiveness of Sin there buddy, thats what this thread is for, these other distractions weve been over, take them to the proper thread.