How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

How do you compassionately tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

As you can see by my title, I do not know how.

Scriptures say that to correct is a sign of love. Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Most do not see it that way when on the receiving end of that love.

I see correction as love just as the scriptures do. How do you see it and how would you tell a supernatural believing person that they are borderline stupid?

Regards
DL

elsbet

Superstar
This is a strange query.
You are using scripture that advises wholehearted belief in the supernatural to validate and encourage the very opposite-- disbelief in the supernatural.

Excerpt from Proverbs 3:

Trust unto Jehovah with all thy heart, And unto thine own understanding lean not.
In all thy ways know [acknowledge] thou Him, And He doth make straight thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes, Fear Jehovah, and turn aside from evil...

Chastisement of Jehovah, my son, despise not, And be not vexed with His reproof,
For whom Jehovah loveth He reproveth, Even as a father the son He is pleased with.
So run with it, I guess--
Hopefully it will serve to reinforce the Truth, rather than the unfortunate deception you are pushing.

This is a strange query.
You are using scripture that advises wholehearted belief in the supernatural to validate and encourage the very opposite-- disbelief in the supernatural.

Excerpt from Proverbs 3:

Trust unto Jehovah with all thy heart, And unto thine own understanding lean not.
In all thy ways know [acknowledge] thou Him, And He doth make straight thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes, Fear Jehovah, and turn aside from evil...

Chastisement of Jehovah, my son, despise not, And be not vexed with His reproof,
For whom Jehovah loveth He reproveth, Even as a father the son He is pleased with.
So run with it, I guess--
Hopefully it will serve to reinforce the Truth, rather than the unfortunate deception you are pushing.
Strange that you chastise me for finding one of the few scriptures that hold wisdom and show love.

What deception am I pushing and how do you expect me to defend my position if all you do is accuse without showing what you are accusing me of?

Or was that abuse what you planned?

Regards
DL

Violette

Star
If someone believes in life beyond what is material then I think they’re already on track to believing bigger and better things. I think a strictly naturalistic worldview is stupid if anything. I don’t really like the word stupid though. Insults get you nowhere.

If someone believes in life beyond what is material then I think they’re already on track to believing bigger and better things. I think a strictly naturalistic worldview is stupid if anything. I don’t really like the word stupid though. Insults get you nowhere.
I did say borderline but I basically agree and that is why I am looking for a more compassionate way of phrasing that correction of the thinking of others.

Why do you think fantasy to be bigger and better than reality?

Fantasy can be a useful teaching tool, sure, but to tell people that myths are reality is to lie to them.

Regards
DL

Violette

Star
I did say borderline but I basically agree and that is why I am looking for a more compassionate way of phrasing that correction of the thinking of others.

Why do you think fantasy to be bigger and better than reality?

Fantasy can be a useful teaching tool, sure, but to tell people that myths are reality is to lie to them.

Regards
DL
I don’t think the supernatural world is impossible or improbable which is what fantasy is. When you realize how much detail and purpose is in the world from the smallest cell to the human nervous system then I think it becomes ridiculous to believe this all came about by chance and without any purpose.

elsbet

Superstar
Strange that you chastise me for finding one of the few scriptures that hold wisdom and show love.

What deception am I pushing and how do you expect me to defend my position if all you do is accuse without showing what you are accusing me of?

Or was that abuse what you planned?

Regards
DL
The Victim. :D
Restating the OP is an accusation, how?

".. using scripture that advises wholehearted belief in the supernatural to validate and encourage the very opposite-- disbelief in the supernatural."

Is that inaccurate?

I don’t think the supernatural world is impossible or improbable which is what fantasy is. When you realize how much detail and purpose is in the world from the smallest cell to the human nervous system then I think it becomes ridiculous to believe this all came about by chance and without any purpose.
Sure, but if there was a supernatural God, and he wanted to be relevant to mankind, then he would pop up. No?

You get in touch, (pop up), with those you want to be relevant to. Right?

Why does the God you might imagine remain absentee.

Which supernatural entity's do you believe in, if any?

Regards
DL

The Victim. :D
Restating the OP is an accusation, how?

".. using scripture that advises wholehearted belief in the supernatural to validate and encourage the very opposite-- disbelief in the supernatural."

Is that inaccurate?
Yes. The only thing I quoted pertained to correction, not belief of the supernatural.

What did I put that encourages or discourages belief in the supernatural other than my own words of borderline stupid?

Be specific please or be honest enough to recant.

Regards
DL

You don’t, you don’t tell them anything, this is what you are suppose to do

Matthew 10:14-15

14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

And

Matthew 15:13-14

13He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14Leave them; they are blind guides.d If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

Say nothing and walk away. They aren’t worth the time. Stubborn people who refuse to listen must learn the hard way. I think that most end up having to take the long and hard way.
Imagine how horrible and backwards the world would be if none of us bothered correcting poor thinking.

You are promoting hate and evil more than love because for the evils of poor supernatural thinking to grow, all good people need do is leave those poor souls in their delusional state without trying to help them out of it.

Regards
DL

Violette

Star
Sure, but if there was a supernatural God, and he wanted to be relevant to mankind, then he would pop up. No?

You get in touch, (pop up), with those you want to be relevant to. Right?

Why does the God you might imagine remain absentee.

Which supernatural entity's do you believe in, if any?

Regards
DL
I’m a Christian. God isn’t absent. Imagine the world without any peace, hope, love or justice. That picture would be a world without God. You can communicate with him at any moment it doesn’t require anything extensive besides an open heart.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I’m a Christian. God isn’t absent. Imagine the world without any peace, hope, love or justice. That picture would be a world without God. You can communicate with him at any moment it doesn’t require anything extensive besides an open heart.
It's funny - I posted this up earlier...

"Mother is far too clever to understand anything she does not like." -
Arnold Bennett

GCB doesn't like the supernatural, you can't explain to those who don't want to know, or help anyone who is unwilling to change.

Violette

Star

Arnold Bennett

GCB doesn't like the supernatural, you can't explain to those who don't want to know, or help anyone who is unwilling to change.

“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.”
‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭1:18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Violette

Star
You’re the biggest Christian hater and troll here, your hypocrisy is enough to make me vomit. Satan, go stuff it where the sun don’t shine you Christianohobe God hating filled with the spirit of the AntiChrist. You’re such a liar and hypocrite. Have fun harassing and antagonizing Christians because you love them so much, NOT. Idc what you have to say you LIAR. I’m done with Satan’s playground.
“A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭15:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

rainerann

Star
You can't compassionately insult someone. Using a word that is culturally used to insult another person isn't going to be a way to show compassion. There are some boundaries when correcting someone that don't include using words like this.

So how do you compassionately tell someone they are wrong about something. Is this what you are looking for? I don't think Gnostic Jesus calls people "stupid."

Arnold Bennett

Let me reprint this.

Imagine how horrible and backwards the world would be if none of us bothered correcting poor thinking.

You are promoting hate and evil more than love because for the evils of poor supernatural thinking to grow, all good people need do is leave those poor souls in their delusional state without trying to help them out of it.

---------

I am quite happy to change how I think if given cause to do so.

The fact that you assume your correction or explanation will fail shows your lack of confidence in it.

You could be right as I am not impressed by the faith based explanation of fools who believe so much without any evidence or proof.

If your God wants to be relevant to mankind, he would pop up. The fact he does not shows he is not real.

Regards
DL