How do yall determine which sources you read are "true"?

Tubby Walters

Rookie
Everyone says the sources they read are true and very rarely sway from that.

The popular, yet ultimately pointless, example is were ancient egyptians nubian, Arab, or other?

In my opinion, who cares. It doesn't matter. Yet so many get in arguments because their "sources" are correct.

This, of course, applies to many modern left vs right arguments. Why do so many here get into needless arguments over their so called sources being correct and the opposing viewpoint is automatically dismissed?

Religion and spirituality is a bit different imo, its all faith based, but why lose your sanity over various stats bases when we are on a site that frequently acknowledges most stat bases cant
Not be trusted to begin with?

Daze

Superstar
Today there are few that are credible, even then they have a bias as is human nature.

Pretty much any voice that needs money (and they all do) can be bought. A good deal of alt media parrots main stream media. Tim Pool, Joe Rogan, Red Elephants, ect. They all push agenda, such as Joe and Tim both being pro-vaccine, yet are considered "alt media".

Of all of the "truther" channels i watch, i think only James Corbett is 100% trustworthy. He's never put out questionable material in all the years I've followed him atleast. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Far as religion goes, its Islamic prophecy that trust will disappear towards the end. To the point you'd have to visit another town to find an honest person.

People would be carrying out their trade but hardly will there be a trustworthy person. It will be said, 'in such-and-such tribe there is an honest man

Sahih al-Bukhari 7086
Its a longer hadith if you wanted to read it, its linked. But basically honesty will be taken away, which is what we see today. Liars on every corner.

Thunderian

Superstar
Thinking that any source is always completely able to be trusted is where people go wrong. A better approach is to verify any given thing as much as possible from a few different sources, learn who consistently tries to be the most truthful, and take it from there. I almost always dismiss any information that is completely unsourced. I prefer a direct, recorded quote from a source above all else.

Stay away from mainstream media. Likewise, stay away from YouTube ranters who make long statements with zero attribution whatsoever. You’d be surprised how many people who talk like they know what’s going on are just pulling ideas out of thin air and repeating it like it’s God’s truth. Often, you can verify the facts of things yourself by doing online research.

An example of trusting direct quotes instead of trusting a source would be for most of Trump’s alleged statements. Trump didn’t say that neo-Nazis were fine people. He didn’t call immigrants animals. There was never a ban on Muslims. It’s like the media releases it’s a different cut of Trump’s comments. Go with unedited, direct quotes as much as possible.

Wigi

Veteran
When you find a source it's important to know what paradigm/bias it tends to convey.
I often double check informations under multiple lens and basically keep with what made sense regarding the situation based on thesis-antithesis-synthesis.

The problem with most sources is the way they interprets a fact so it fits with a narrative. Plus in general left wing medias are seen as a vector of mainstream ideas while right wing medias are wrongly seen as de facto alt-news/ truther news when sometimes it's merely click baity.

I think a lot of sources exist to increase disinformation and radicalize people in their worldview. We pretend to be in the era of information yet a lot of people today reacts to things that has no root in reality. Personally I believe we are living this verse:

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers"
2 Timothy 4:3

billy t

Veteran
Today there are few that are credible, even then they have a bias as is human nature.

Pretty much any voice that needs money (and they all do) can be bought. A good deal of alt media parrots main stream media. Tim Pool, Joe Rogan, Red Elephants, ect. They all push agenda, such as Joe and Tim both being pro-vaccine, yet are considered "alt media".

Of all of the "truther" channels i watch, i think only James Corbett is 100% trustworthy. He's never put out questionable material in all the years I've followed him atleast. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Far as religion goes, its Islamic prophecy that trust will disappear towards the end. To the point you'd have to visit another town to find an honest person.

Its a longer hadith if you wanted to read it, its linked. But basically honesty will be taken away, which is what we see today. Liars on every corner.

Assalaamu alaiykum wa rahmatullah.

Agree with what you have said here. Rogan clearly has an agenda. I think he promotes a lot of liberal nonsense too. He had some guest on who made jokes about Skull and Bones members doing sexual acts and he sort of downplayed it as if it is OK to do this to reach a certain status in society authu billah (the guest said this stuff). Forget, the fellas name but its that episode where they are wearing space suits. I never watch Joe now, period unless its some health episode or something. I kind of wanted to know what he was all about though and can see straight through him now. I think his platform uses a lot of double think and desensitizes people to certain issues. Very dangerous individual.

Yeah, Corbett is good, although I haven't listened to him for a while. There is another guy I listen to who is very accurate with his material on the big boys and what they are up to however I refuse to recommend him because of his views on religion and fear that Muslim who don't know 'aqeedah well will become misled by those parts of his talks even though he rarely touches on those subjects.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

The popular, yet ultimately pointless, example is were ancient egyptians nubian, Arab, or other?

In my opinion, who cares. It doesn't matter. Yet so many get in arguments because their "sources" are correct.

This, of course, applies to many modern left vs right arguments. Why do so many here get into needless arguments over their so called sources being correct and the opposing viewpoint is automatically dismissed?

Religion and spirituality is a bit different imo, its all faith based, but why lose your sanity over various stats bases when we are on a site that frequently acknowledges most stat bases cant
I would be looking for external corroboration and internal consistency for starters.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Tubby Walters - I got to thinking about your post, then came across something on YouTube that really resonated with it:-

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Like i've learned in college during the final year. When I was writing my graduation thesis I had to check a paper, then check its references and then I had to find the source it originally sourced on.

Like: John told me that the sky is blue. Then check who told John the sky was blue, it was Jack. Then ask Jack if he really said the sky was blue.

Regarding actual news it isn't hard to cross check it with reality at all. Like, they say it is raining and the go outside and check if it is raining. Also it is really helpful to check the report author to find any bias toward something, it is a bit like an ad hominem but it is helpful.

It is common sense.

DavidSon

Star
As @Mr.Anderson is saying it isn't difficult to gather facts on an event. Most sources from alternative to multinational will agree on basic details.

What sets information sources apart, and this critical, is their ANALYSIS and INTERPRETATION. The interpretation of a news piece can be painted into any light the author wants. IMO the #1 criteria for judging the honesty of an opinion is who owns or is funding said source. Is it the US State Dept.? Which billionaire publication are we reading from ? Bezos, Bloomberg, Murdoch, Buffet, etc? Ben Swann just did a video showing that Bill Gates has donated 100's of millions to different media sites (including "fact-checkers") to promote his vaccine companies. These profiteers can't be trusted to protect our health.

Thank God for independent journalism. These folks either have no big $ affiliation or their background is easy to find out about. There's no billionaire or intelligence front companies funding (authentic) alternative media. Thanks to them many people are trusting the major providers less and less, causing them to scramble searching for new footing in the current information wars.

Maes17

Superstar

I don’t trust any news source these days unless I see it happening locally/crime wise.

But for the bigger things at play that impacts nations.
What I do personally is compare msm and “independent” news stuff and look for the common denominator in a sense. You start realizing all of it the same rehashed data presented from a different bias - no different than our opinions thrown around this forum.

So think critically. Ask questions, question authority, the system.
Etc. Don’t riot lol. But when you question the legitimacy. You can start finding what suits you moving forward.

here's the thing

Most sources come from MAINSTREAM MEDIA

the "alt media" doesn't really produce sources, and when they do its highly dubious. The "alt media" simply gives their spin on MAINSTREAM MEDIA SOURCES.

Sources can come from media, books, researchers, historians etc.

The best thing to do is to see where a story originates from, find the original source. Then you have to consider who is responsible for the original source, who they are funded by, what are their agendas etc.

Don't listen to editorialists who put their spin on the original story or source, go to that original source and see what it says. You will be surprised how often the original story/source is completely spun into something else by those with an agenda.

Of course reading raw sources and stories is not as entertaining as somebody putting a spin on it.

Again the entire "alt media" and Youtube/social media world are just people giving opinion on MSM stories/sources. They aren't for the most part, getting their own sources.

Thus the "alt media" depends on MSM material, which is kind of ironic given that they always claim MSM "is a lie".

After a while you will find "alt media" who you will trust at analyzing the news and current events.

You also have to know which media to go to for certain topics, because one Media may be a good source of information/analysis for one topic, but have a dark agenda for another.

It's a minefield of disinformation and misinformation, which takes time and discernment.

Assalaamu alaiykum wa rahmatullah.
Rogan clearly has an agenda.
Rogan is trying to mainstream far right wing ideology. He disguises this by occasionally opposing it, but the overall takeaway is to push a fascist narrative. He is also trying to co-opt certain naive left wingers/Bernie Sanders types into the far right propaganda. Same thing that tools like Jimmy Dore and Krystal Ball are doing.

Here is Rogan days ago, pushing right wing disinfo that Antifa are starting the Forest fires in Oregon.

Thunderian

Superstar
There’s plenty of alternative media out there providing original content, commentary, and even investigations. A lot of the stories aren’t being covered by the mainstream media, so I’m not sure how they could be considered a source.

Twitter is one is the best places I know of to learn about stories that don’t get covered, hear intelligent discussion of those stories, and see for yourself what evidence there is.

If it wasn’t for people on the ground, posting video they shot themselves of rioting, violence and arson, we might think that there was nothing happening other than a bit of peaceful protesting.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Buddha came up with this gem..:)-
"Believe nothing, no matter who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own commonsense"
And in this crazy mixed-up world where reality gets blurred, we should stand firm and say to ourselves-

EC7F5B96-88C9-4D0D-9046-04EEFFD83E75.jpeg

Last edited:

A Freeman

Superstar
There are two sources for every thought that enters our minds: good (from God) and evil (from Lucifer/Satan/the devil/liar).

This MUST be applied to all so-called news, most of which is theater, designed to create a problem (in our minds) and invoke a specific EMOTIONAL reaction, so that the filthy-rich script writers can then get us to beg them for "the solution" they wanted from the outset.

Mainstream media news sources divide among political party lines into left and right. According to our Creator -- in His Perfect Law -- there is no left or right, except in our minds. One would think after 6000 years of the satanic divide and conquer strategy we would see it coming from a mile away, but we live in interesting times, where "common-sense (shall) hide itself, and understanding (shall) withdraw itself into his secret chamber, and shall be sought of many, and yet not be found".

The mainstream media also filters the information we receive, silencing the truly dissenting voices. That's why the best hope of finding anything truthful is to turn to alternative and grass-roots media, where at least those who are speaking out against the evil system have a voice. But again one must exercise caution every step of The Way in this world where most actually prefer illusions (lies) to the truth.

The battlefield has, and always will be in our minds. The good voice inside of our minds provides us with guidance, wisdom and warning IF we are humble enough to seek it, while the evil voice inside of our heads promotes evil, selfishness and pride. The latter are a recipe for certain destruction while the former lead to truth and life.

Tidal

Star
There are two sources for every thought that enters our minds: good (from God) and evil (from Lucifer/Satan/the devil/liar).
The battlefield has, and always will be in our minds. The good voice inside of our minds provides us with guidance, wisdom and warning IF we are humble enough to seek it, while the evil voice inside of our heads promotes evil, selfishness and pride. The latter are a recipe for certain destruction while the former lead to truth and life.

Yes, Christians can tell when Satan is trying to influence them and know how to defeat him-
"Don't give the devil a foothold" (Eph 4:27)
"Resist the devil and he'll flee from you" (James 4:7)

Jesus showed us the way- "Satan has no hold on me" (John 14:30)

But as for the poor slobs who don't believe Satan exists, he has them for breakfast.
As further defence, Christians have mindmelded with Jesus to get him inside their heads to act as a bouncer-
"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)

B_JMNN

Established
I don't trust any news sources. That's why I try to read many different articles from different points of view. Because there is extreme bias is news media now, it's hard to find Factual information within a sea of Opinions meant to be portrayed as fact.