How Do Muslims/ Cults Answer Revelation 22:18-19

JoChris

Superstar
For Muslims, Roman Catholics/ any other faith which claims to believe in Jesus but has additional text to bible** :
Whole chapter shows Jesus is speaking. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+22&version=KJV

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of prophecy of this book, If any man should add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book,
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written from this book.

If your faith claims to believe the words of Jesus always, how does your faith reconcile Jesus' clear statement with its own religious teachings?

ONLY Faiths YOUNGER than Christianity

manama

Star
For Muslims, Roman Catholics/ any other faith which claims to believe in Jesus but has additional text to bible** :
Whole chapter shows Jesus is speaking. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+22&version=KJV

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of prophecy of this book, If any man should add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book,
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written from this book.

If your faith claims to believe the words of Jesus always, how does your faith reconcile Jesus' clear statement with its own religious teachings?

"This Book"

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

this isn't so difficult is it?
islam hasn't added or taken away from the book of Revelation itself.

imagine the Quran contained the words
"whoever adds anything to this book or takes anything from this book"
and muslims went after every book ever written after it..as an addition to the book.

you would think muslims are the dumbest people on earth.

that's how i feel about xtians.

Damien50

Star

So what if a religion has a completely different book?

Revelation would technically not be directed towards them in that regard. Muslims have the Qur'an so revelation isn't applicable to them...

Unless the bible as a whole in any place is edited it's pretty fucking irrelevant to any group that reads some other book.

Aero

Superstar
Considering a lot of my spiritual beliefs are based on Gnosticism. I'm not worried about Revelations, not at all. The doctrine says that we are in hell already. There is no reason to fear damnation, and no reason for Jesus to resurrect. It's about achieving Gnosis and being able to actually leave this material world and onto the next plane.

Those who do not achieve Gnosis, do not ascend. But I don't see any Christians worried about that.

JoChris

Superstar
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

this isn't so difficult is it?
islam hasn't added or taken away from the book of Revelation itself.
There are other verses in the bible that say similar things. E.g. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+30:5-6&version=KJV

But for argument's sake, limiting it ONLY to Book of Revelation:
See chapter 1. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+1&version=KJV

John in a vision sees Jesus.

Look at Verse 11: Jesus is saying He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending.

Compare Old Testament.
(GOD talking here) Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I am the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Jesus is proclaiming He is the First and the Last. Only God can be that.

Islam has certainly added and taken away - to the nth degree- from that one verse in Revelation chapter 1.

@JoChris Your interpretations are very very poor. I actually feel bad for you, seriously.

firstly
Proverbs 30:5-6

Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

Basically don't lie about the Word of God.

We see later in Jeremiah 14, where God says to Jeremiah

4 Then the Lord said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

15 Therefore thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed.

16 And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; and they shall have none to bury them, them, their wives, nor their sons, nor their daughters: for I will pour their wickedness upon them.

See when these false prophets lied about the word of God, they were proven wrong through their loss and destruction.

Show me any prophet who was more successful than Prophet Mohammad SAW?
Noah couldn't get people to follow God
Moses had a hard time convincing the Israelites even after 40 years in the wilderness.
David, Solomon never had to convince people to believe in God, they were kings of an established nation.
Then after them you had the prophets like Jeremiah, Zechariah, Daniel etc who foretold prophecies..until Jesus Christ.

Now I firmly believe when Jesus Christ returns he will accomplish more than Prophet Mohammad SAW, however he's an exception to the rule given the whole 'second coming' aspect.

i'll answer you on Revelation in my next post.

So basically @JoChris you are absolutely guilty of misinterpreting Revelation

You begin by saying
"Look at Verse 11: Jesus is saying He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending."

ok so let's go to the beginning
Rev 1
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.
his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
4 John,
To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spiritsa]">[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
the word of God and the testimony of Jesus

Do you know what a religious testimony is?
a public recounting of a religious conversion or experience.
Jesus being the messenger, not the source.

Btw you've never really thought through the metaphysics of being the "First and the Last"
in my understanding of metaphysics
the first level represents the Essence of God, this is the Transcendent aspect of God
the second level represents the eternal Expression of God (which we call the Word/son/Image of God),
The third level is where the expression is manifested, where causation happens, where time begins. This is the Immanent aspect of God.

So any reference to the First and the Last is a reference to His Immanence
in that respect you can apply it to the Son or the Holy Spirit but as representations of God's Immanence.

When I speak of God, I speak of God as both the Transcendent AND the Immanent.
The Son, is not the Transcedent and therefore not God, but the expression of God basically.
My method remains consistent with all of scripture
your method is obviously contradictory and lacking insight.

more

Rev 3
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation

just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Furthermore it also shows that John of Patmos DID NOT have the best understanding of the Oneness of God, so when I read the contents of Rev 22, i see the vision as 'true' but John's own perception as flawed.

And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

despite every proof given to you already, i know how you think, it's a weak willed trick you've convinced yourself to repeat

John 9:38
38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
what you have to take into account is, the perception of the witness, the one who wrote the book......assume it's the same John who wrote the Gospel of john and Revelation....

Basically when you take into account the immanent aspect of God, the man who John SAW 'worshipping Jesus'..only appeared to worship Jesus, where was that man's heart/mind? ie it's like when muslims bow facing the Kaba.
Jesus is the temple of God, right?

John was basically taught theology by an angel, it shows he didn't have the best understanding so when you read his words you have to take into account his level of perception.

So when you quote from Revelation or any part of the bible...your argument has to be consistent and built on a solid foundation. It's fairly obvious you lack that.

remember, your false doctrine tells you the Son and Holy spirit are co-equals in Godhead with the Father.
this false doctrine is proven wrong over and over again.

There are other verses in the bible that say similar things. E.g. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+30:5-6&version=KJV

But for argument's sake, limiting it ONLY to Book of Revelation:
See chapter 1. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+1&version=KJV

John in a vision sees Jesus.

Look at Verse 11: Jesus is saying He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending.

Compare Old Testament.
(GOD talking here) Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I am the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Jesus is proclaiming He is the First and the Last. Only God can be that.

Islam has certainly added and taken away - to the nth degree- from that one verse in Revelation chapter 1.
Revelation 1:1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

JoChris

Superstar
So basically @JoChris you are absolutely guilty of misinterpreting Revelation

You begin by saying
"Look at Verse 11: Jesus is saying He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending."

ok so let's go to the beginning
Rev 1
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.
his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
4 John,
To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spiritsa]">[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
the word of God and the testimony of Jesus

Do you know what a religious testimony is?
a public recounting of a religious conversion or experience.
Jesus being the messenger, not the source.

Btw you've never really thought through the metaphysics of being the "First and the Last"
in my understanding of metaphysics
the first level represents the Essence of God, this is the Transcendent aspect of God
the second level represents the eternal Expression of God (which we call the Word/son/Image of God),
The third level is where the expression is manifested, where causation happens, where time begins. This is the Immanent aspect of God.

So any reference to the First and the Last is a reference to His Immanence
in that respect you can apply it to the Son or the Holy Spirit but as representations of God's Immanence.

When I speak of God, I speak of God as both the Transcendent AND the Immanent.
The Son, is not the Transcedent and therefore not God, but the expression of God basically.
My method remains consistent with all of scripture
your method is obviously contradictory and lacking insight.

more

Rev 3
12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation

just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Furthermore it also shows that John of Patmos DID NOT have the best understanding of the Oneness of God, so when I read the contents of Rev 22, i see the vision as 'true' but John's own perception as flawed.

And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

despite every proof given to you already, i know how you think, it's a weak willed trick you've convinced yourself to repeat

John 9:38
38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
what you have to take into account is, the perception of the witness, the one who wrote the book......assume it's the same John who wrote the Gospel of john and Revelation....

Basically when you take into account the immanent aspect of God, the man who John SAW 'worshipping Jesus'..only appeared to worship Jesus, where was that man's heart/mind? ie it's like when muslims bow facing the Kaba.
Jesus is the temple of God, right?

John was basically taught theology by an angel, it shows he didn't have the best understanding so when you read his words you have to take into account his level of perception.

So when you quote from Revelation or any part of the bible...your argument has to be consistent and built on a solid foundation. It's fairly obvious you lack that.
It is fairly obvious that cultish misquoting of Revelations chapter 1 is your strategy. http://www.apologeticsindex.org/5849-scripture-twisting. Read all the verses in order, leaving NONE of them out this time. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+1&version=KJV

8 [Jesus said] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Please attempt to address verse 8 from the Muslim perspective. Not other verses, not personal ramblings.

JoChris

Superstar
Revelation 1:1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
And?
Jesus is the Second Person of the Trinity. His Father, the first person of the Trinity. One godhead, 3 persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jesus would definitely be in close communication with God the Father!

Damien50

Star
And?
Jesus is the Second Person of the Trinity. His Father, the first person of the Trinity. One godhead, 3 persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jesus would definitely be in close communication with God the Father!
So you're asking other belief systems to interpret a Hebrew book by your Trinitarian book and not by theirs? Does that make sense?

What point are you trying to prove taking scripture out of context?

JoChris

Superstar
So you're asking other belief systems to interpret a Hebrew book by your Trinitarian book and not by theirs? Does that make sense?

What point are you trying to prove taking scripture out of context?
Technically the Bible is not a Hebrew book. The bible is a collection of 66 books. 39 in OT, 27.
The books in the Old Testament were written by Jews.

Nearly all of the books in the New Testament were written by EX-Jews. Jesus' original 12 apostles were all Jews. Paul was a Jew.
Luke (the writer of Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts) is thought to have been a Gentile. https://www.levitt.com/essays/luke/

Christians should know the above.