How And Why Does Israel Have So Much Power?

TokiEl

Superstar
Because the annexation of Palestine (or parts of it) violates international law
God and the international community are not exactly on the same page.

Lev 25 23The land must not be sold permanently, because it is Mine, and you are but foreigners and sojourners with Me.

So it's gonna be a showdown between God and the international community.

Place your bets please...

DavidSon

Star
US Officials: Israeli Annexations are Fine With or Without a State

There's one reason Palestine isn't already a state. Actually world consensus on Palestinian statehood has been blockaded for 45 years by the same malicious actors:

"On 31 December 2014, the United Nations Security Council voted down a resolution demanding the end of Israeli occupation and statehood by 2017. Eight members voted for the Resolution (Russia, China, France, Argentina, Chad, Chile, Jordan, Luxembourg), however following strenuous US and Israeli efforts to defeat the resolution, it did not get the minimum of nine votes needed to pass the resolution. Australia and the United States voted against the resolution, with five other nations abstaining ."

"As of 31 July 2019, 138 (71.5%) of the 193 member states of the United Nations have recognised the State of Palestine."

Kung Fu

Superstar
How do Americans stand for this? I'm genuinely curious. I understand the Zionist lobby is powerful but that can't be it alone. Americans have to be supporting this money transfer to some degree. Is it a combination of the southern states (Bible Belt) and Zionist lobby groups that keep this nonsense going on?

Lisa

Superstar
How do Americans stand for this? I'm genuinely curious. I understand the Zionist lobby is powerful but that can't be it alone. Americans have to be supporting this money transfer to some degree. Is it a combination of the southern states (Bible Belt) and Zionist lobby groups that keep this nonsense going on?
Did the article say that we cut out other nations checks and only Israel gets theirs?

Kung Fu

Superstar
Did the article say that we cut out other nations checks and only Israel gets theirs?
Israel isn't some poor little country. They have nukes, money, and weaponry yet have received more foreign in aid than any other country in the world and that too only the funds we know about. Now imagine what the real number is.

Now address my points or put a sock in it.

Karlysymon

Superstar
It was in a bill that was signed into law. $38billion spread out over a decade, which means 3.8billion every year. It also made it impossible for any future president to renege on that "promise". So even if Trump doesn't win in november, the Act can't be rescinded by his successor.

rainerann

Star
It was in a bill that was signed into law. $38billion spread out over a decade, which means 3.8billion every year. It also made it impossible for any future president to renege on that "promise". So even if Trump doesn't win in november, the Act can't be rescinded by his successor.
I don’t think this was passed into law. I know they have been trying ever since 2018. Obama passed a memorandum of understanding that is supposed to expire in 2028.

the senate and the house were close to passing a law including this, but it was never realized. It was being discussed in the early months of this year even, but seems to have gone on the back burner.

my memory feels rusty a little bit though, but here are some articles. I was watching the govtrack status of the law for a while. It says it basically died now.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I don’t think this was passed into law. I know they have been trying ever since 2018. Obama passed a memorandum of understanding that is supposed to expire in 2028.

the senate and the house were close to passing a law including this, but it was never realized. It was being discussed in the early months of this year even, but seems to have gone on the back burner.

my memory feels rusty a little bit though, but here are some articles. I was watching the govtrack status of the law for a while. It says it basically died now.

Thanks. I was recalling this.
The U.S. Senate passed a measure that would codify into law the $38 billion defense aid package for Israel over 10 years that was negotiated in the final days of the Obama administration.

The U.S.-Israel Security Assistance Authorization Act of 2018 approved Wednesday gives the defense package the imprimatur of Congress, which would keep any future president from reneging. The $38 billion deal negotiated in 2016 is the most generous ever to Israel.

From the IFAK article i posted earlier

Under the Obama-Netanyahu Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), the $3.8 billion per year was to be a ‘ceiling’ – the agreement was that Israel would not ask for more money on top of this annual disbursement.

However, an MOU is a non-binding agreement and can be changed. Therefore, Israel partisans in Congress have introduced legislation that would make it into law – and the legislation before Congress makes the terms even more beneficial to Israel than the MOU

Lisa

Superstar
Israel isn't some poor little country. They have nukes, money, and weaponry yet have received more foreign in aid than any other country in the world and that too only the funds we know about. Now imagine what the real number is.

Now address my points or put a sock in it.
A lot of countries have foreign aid...and they aren’t half as nice to us as Israel is.

Kung Fu

Superstar
A lot of countries have foreign aid...and they aren’t half as nice to us as Israel is.
Like I said if you can't address my points put a sock in it. Perhaps if you want to donate to Israel so badly then perhaps you Zionists can do it yourselves rather than forcing others to pay through their taxes.

illuminatimess

Veteran
Like I said if you can't address my points put a sock in it. Perhaps if you want to donate to Israel so badly then perhaps you Zionists can do it yourselves rather than forcing others to pay through their taxes.
But she doesn’t want to donate to the homeless lol

Lisa

Superstar
We all are forced through taxation to pay for things we’d rather not.

Kung Fu

Superstar
We all are forced through taxation to pay for things we’d rather not.
Yeah, and giving money to countries that the US haven't bombed to smithereens shouldn't be a place where tax payers money go to.

If you were a real Christian, which you're not, you would be in support of the money which goes to Israel should be going to the poor people in your own country followed by to your neighbouring countries.

Lisa

Superstar
Yeah, and giving money to countries that the US haven't bombed to smithereens shouldn't be a place where tax payers money go to.

If you were a real Christian, which you're not, you would be in support of the money which goes to Israel should be going to the poor people in your own country followed by to your neighbouring countries.
I’m for people keeping more of their hard earned money, honestly and spending it how they see fit.

I can’t help but think that we are buying off countries or something..because I can’t understand why we send any country any of our hard earned money, tbh. As for Israel, if we don’t help them..then their neighbors will annihilate them...which may be what God’s plan is for now.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I’m for people keeping more of their hard earned money, honestly and spending it how they see fit.

I can’t help but think that we are buying off countries or something..because I can’t understand why we send any country any of our hard earned money, tbh. As for Israel, if we don’t help them..then their neighbors will annihilate them...which may be what God’s plan is for now.
You talk about you not knowing why your country gives money to other countries but then state that the US should be basically giving Israel money. If Israel can't take care of itself then it should have never become a country. It's not fair to the US tax payers to keep bailing them out when they have poor people in their own states to be taking care of.

You probably belong to a family or a church where you send Israel money but yet would spit on the homeless if they asked you for a couple of dollars.

Lisa

Superstar
You talk about you not knowing why your country gives money to other countries but then state that the US should be basically giving Israel money. If Israel can't take care of itself then it should have never become a country. It's not fair to the US tax payers to keep bailing them out when they have poor people in their own states to be taking care of.
I said that perhaps God has a reason why we give money to Israel..they are after all His chosen people..and idk about the other countries.

I think that the US has enough programs for poor people and enough people who take advantage of those programs that maybe aren’t so happy with being taken care of..but are either too scared or too lazy to try to make it on their own. However..there are probably different excuses/scenarios that I haven’t thought of.