How And Why Does Israel Have So Much Power?

DavidSon

Star
Bernie Sanders Would Use Military Aid to Force Israel to Change

There's been other articles stating the same thing- Bernie Sanders is the only US candidate for 2020 who openly supports Palestinian rights and justice for the victims of Israeli violations:

"Our policy cannot just be pro-Israel pro-Israel pro-Israel. It has got to be pro-region working with all of the people, all of the countries in that area."

"Sanders also expressed a wish to end the US’ hawkish approach to foreign policy.

He said: “We have spent trillions of dollars on the war on terror, and I, as president, would like to sit down in a room with the leadership of Saudi Arabia, with the leadership of Iran, with the leadership of the Palestinians, with the leadership of Israel, and hammer out some damn agreements, which will try to end the conflicts that exist there forever.”

Sanders is a fierce critic of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and previously referred to his government as right-wing and racist, earning him condemnation from Israeli lawmakers.

The presidential hopeful has previously opposed increasing military aid to Israel, and slammed Israeli policy as “apartheid-like”.

DavidSon

Star
How a Group of Pro-Israeli Activists Blacklisted MintPressNews on Wikipedia

"The successful blacklisting of MintPress News on Wikipedia comes at a time when Israel’s government and pro-Israel organizations are investing more time and money than ever before into the virtual realm in an effort to control the narrative, an effort that has grown in scope in response to the success of the nonviolent Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement and increased international awareness about the Israeli occupation and human rights abuses targeting Palestinians.

These online “battles” are openly described as part of a “war” by Israeli government officials, particularly top-ranking officials in Israel’s Ministry of Strategic Affairs. For example, Brigadier-General Sima Vaknin-Gil, director-general of the Ministry of Strategic Affairs, has described the battle against BDS as war and has argued that BDS and its supporters “can be curbed and contained through public diplomacy and soft tools.”

“In order to win, however, we must use tricks and craftiness. The bottom line is the rival has moved from its comfort zone into our comfort zone. Today the rival is on the defense and we are on the offensive,” Vaknin-Gil stated in 2017."

UnderAlienControl

Superstar

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
1565237611101.png

Such a shame that there's no time for visits to San Francisco (her own train wreck district!), Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, Flint, Philadelphia. Basically places that their party controls, and that are going down the tubes. But, you know, priorities......

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
This is where things diverge between “Christian Zionists” and “Political Zionists” and where dominionist Christians are likely to take a wrong turn...

I believe it is one thing to believe that the Bible clearly teaches that in the latter days, God will bring back the Jews to their ancient homeland. It is quite another to think that prior to the Millennial reign of Christ, and prior to national repentance that they will come into wider blessing by way of lands etc. Of course, the Jews looking at OT prophecies, (whilst simultaneously rejecting the Messiah those prophecies pointed to) are set up and primed to fall for the promises of the “worthless shepherd” instead of the “good shepherd”!

Imagine the approval ratings in modern Israel for an individual who successfully negotiated peace and prosperity in the region and delivers a third temple?

As the Jews seem to have revised their Messianic expectations through tradition, shutting out Isaiah 53 from their estimation, they appear to be primed for the time of “Jacob’s Trouble” like never before.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
As the Jews seem to have revised their Messianic expectations through tradition, shutting out Isaiah 53 from their estimation, they appear to be primed for the time of “Jacob’s Trouble” like never before.
Darn Red I know you mean well but sir you are fixated.....:) For a minute there I thought I was in the wrong forum.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Darn Red I know you mean well but sir you are fixated.....:) For a minute there I thought I was in the wrong forum.
When I was studying English, I came across the legend of Cassandra from Greek Mythology and felt really sorry for her!!

“Cassandra or Kassandra (Ancient Greek: Κασσάνδρα, pronounced [kassándra], also Κασάνδρα), also known as Alexandra, was a woman in Greek mythology cursed to utter prophecies that were true but that no one believed. In modern usage her name is employed as a rhetorical device to indicate someone whose accurate prophecies are not believed.”

DesertRose

Superstar
Kalima Hurrah on Al Mayadeen: Trump’s Israel Palestine Deal or Slap of the Century
The 'lord' Balfour gave them Palestine and the 'slumlord' Kushner is trying to make sure they keep it with a rotten deal. A deal that makes one set of Zio-Arabs pay for the destruction of Palestine to another set of Arabs, thereby, cementing the colonization and theft.
One could not write a better tale of villainy.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
When I was studying English, I came across the legend of Cassandra from Greek Mythology and felt really sorry for her!!

“Cassandra or Kassandra (Ancient Greek: Κασσάνδρα, pronounced [kassándra], also Κασάνδρα), also known as Alexandra, was a woman in Greek mythology cursed to utter prophecies that were true but that no one believed. In modern usage her name is employed as a rhetorical device to indicate someone whose accurate prophecies are not believed.”
@Red Sky at Morning ,
With all due respect, I sincerely doubt that this modern racist, genocidal, and corrupt to the core state is that nation the bible prophecies imagined.

View attachment 24477

Such a shame that there's no time for visits to San Francisco (her own train wreck district!), Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit, Flint, Philadelphia. Basically places that their party controls, and that are going down the tubes. But, you know, priorities......
All going according to plan, I'm sure:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@Red Sky at Morning ,
With all due respect, I sincerely doubt that this modern racist, genocidal, and corrupt to the core state is that nation the bible prophecies imagined.
@DesertRose
On the contrary, I think the present spiritual and political state of modern Israel, is very much in line with what many believers have concluded might be so at this time:-

Q: Is Today's Return of Israel Scriptural?
“I started feeling some real disturbance in my spirit over the past few years, both on how Christians almost have a worship of Israel, and from my economic and historical research into the people who brought about Israel's return.
So I started out by searching every single scripture I could find that the church and theologians use to justify the return of Israel in the 20th century, and before the end times.
I started seeing a very interesting picture emerge . . . almost every verse attributed to the return of Israel, both in context and from ancient Rabbinical commentaries, showed that God would manifest the return of the land during the Messianic Age, and not before the King (references of King David shall rule over them - Messiah through His line) returns.
Plus I also found so many astonishing things . . . like the fact that Israel, the earthly temple, Judah, Jerusalem are not mentioned in the book of Revelation.
Lastly, I realized one important thing. When did the Israelites, or even the Judeans (Jews) ever repent? If they have not, then how can God go against His Word?
[I do not believe] the return of Israel in the 20th century is by the Hand of God, [but] a move by Satan (for his benefit).”

A: by Andy Woods

First, regarding your statement that "Israel, the earthly temple, Judah, Jerusalem are not mentioned in the book of Revelation," please note Judah (Rev. 5:5; 7:5), the Earthly temple (Rev. 11:1-2), and the Earthly Jerusalem (Rev. 11:8).

Second regarding your idea that God's hand has nothing to do with the modern sate of Israel, here are my published remarks on the subject from a book called The Gathering Storm

“Understanding the Tribulation period as a process where God takes the nation from unbelief to faith is necessary to counter a developing trend within evangelicalism that contends that God's hand cannot be on the modern state of Israel because she is currently in unbelief. Such a contention is inconsistent with biblical predictions of a twofold national re-gathering. First, Israel will be gathered in unbelief in preparation for the Tribulation period. Numerous passages speak of Israel's initial gathering in unbelief prior to the Tribulation period (Ezek 20:33-38; 22:17-22; Zeph 2:1-2). Second, after Israel's conversion in the Tribulation, the nation will call upon Christ (Matt 23:37-39) and He will subsequently return and rescue her by re-gathering her a second time (Matt 24:31).[ii] Thus, Israel's conversion is simply the end of this prolonged process. According to this pattern, Israel not only has a prophetic program to fulfill after her conversion but she also has a prophetic destiny to complete prior to her conversion.1”

John Piper, "Land Divine?" World, May 11 2002.
[ii] Arnold Fruchtenbaum, Footsteps of the Messiahb, rev ed. (Tustin, CA: Ariel Ministries, 2003), 99-104.

Israel's entrance into a covenant with the antichrist and the erection of the Tribulation temple (Dan 9:27) are obviously prophecies that she will fulfill while still in unbelief. Thus, any analysis that discounts God's present hand on the Jewish nation simply because Israel is currently in unbelief fails to take into account all of the biblical data.

Furthermore, if faith and obedience are the criteria used to determine whether God's hand is upon modern Israel, then such a standard also forces one to conclude that God's hand was never upon the nation during the 1300 years of biblical history when the nation was in the land. Unbelief and disobedience characterized the nation during this era as well. In sum, the modern state of Israel, even in its present state of unbelief, could very well represent the initial gathering in preparation for the coming Tribulation period. This view is nothing new for traditional dispensational interpreters.

*Note the following quote by John F. Walvoord as he reflected upon the prophetic significance of the modern state of Israel:

Of the many peculiar phenomena which characterize the present generation, few events can claim equal significance as far as Biblical prophecy is concerned with that of the return of Israel to their land. It constitutes a preparation for the end of the age, the setting for the coming of the Lord for His church, and the fulfillment of Israel's prophetic destiny.2​
Source

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
This is where things diverge between “Christian Zionists” and “Political Zionists” and where dominionist Christians are likely to take a wrong turn...
I believe it is one thing to believe that the Bible clearly teaches that in the latter days, God will bring back the Jews to their ancient homeland. It is quite another to think that prior to the Millennial reign of Christ, and prior to national repentance that they will come into wider blessing by way of lands etc. Of course, the Jews looking at OT prophecies, (whilst simultaneously rejecting the Messiah those prophecies pointed to) are set up and primed to fall for the promises of the “worthless shepherd” instead of the “good shepherd”!
Imagine the approval ratings in modern Israel for an individual who successfully negotiated peace and prosperity in the region and delivers a third temple? As the Jews seem to have revised their Messianic expectations through tradition, shutting out Isaiah 53 from their estimation, they appear to be primed for the time of “Jacob’s Trouble” like never before.
They are gonna try to grab southern Lebanon next. Bet.
These are the beautiful and brave Jews. The "light onto the nations." May G-d smile upon them. Shalom.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Why Are Progressive Democrats Supporting an Anti-BDS Law Introduced by AIPAC?

"On July 17, the House Foreign Affairs Committee will begin to mark up a number of measures including a resolution that condemns the Global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement). Despite concerns about the bill being unconstitutional, it’s currently supported by 70% of the Democratic Caucus."

"(HRes246) is a nonbinding piece of legislation that identifies the BDS movement as an impediment to a two-state solution. “Whereas the Global Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement (BDS Movement) targeting Israel is a campaign that does not favor a two-state solution and that seeks to exclude the State of Israel and the Israeli people from the economic, cultural, and academic life of the rest of the world,” its text reads. Unlike other anti-BDS bills currently being pushed, HRes246 doesn’t actually aim to penalize individuals or companies that participate in the boycott...."

...So why is Israel’s biggest lobbying organization strongly backing a resolution that doesn’t penalize BDS supporters and is seemingly weak enough to generate support from liberal lawmakers, after years of supporting anti-BDS measures which are much more aggressive?...
Maybe this had something to with it.
US Senators meet with Jewish leaders in semi-secret annual event
And
A Secret Meeting to Plot War?
Who is representing the American people in this secret conclave with pro-Israel groups?

While Mr. Giraldi speculated that War with Iran may have been on the agenda as these 25 Democratic senators met with Jewish leaders, i don't think so because one of the senators listed as an attendee, Tom Udall:

"Senator Tom Udall (D-NM) introduced legislation to prevent Trump from launching an unconstitutional war with Iran. “The administration’s approach to Iran is ripped straight out of the same playbook that launched us into the failed invasion of Iraq, and Congress needs to assert its constitutional authority and halt the march to war,”

So, in all likelyhood, the secret conclave may have been about BDS.

They are gonna try to grab southern Lebanon next. Bet.
Clean Break to Dirty Wars
Shattering the Middle East for Israel's Northern Front

"To understand today’s crises in Iraq, Syria, and Iran, one must grasp their shared Lebanese connection. This assertion may seem odd. After all, what’s the big deal about Lebanon? That little country hasn’t had top headlines since Israel deigned to bomb and invade it in 2006. Yet, to a large extent, the roots of the bloody tangle now enmeshing the Middle East lie in Lebanon: or to be more precise, in the Lebanon policy of Israel."

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
All going according to plan, I'm sure:

Here is Gore Vidal's 1986 essay. 1986! and the conversation is still ongoing as demonstrated by this thread.
The Empire Lovers Strike Back
"Since spades may not be called spades in freedom’s land, let me spell it all out. In order to get military and economic support for Israel, a small number of American Jews, who should know better, have made common cause with every sort of reactionary and anti-Semitic group in the United States, from the corridors of the Pentagon to the TV studios of the evangelical Jesus-Christers. To show that their hearts are in the far-right place, they call themselves neoconservatives, and attack the likes of Mailer and me, all in the interest of supporting the likes of Sharon and Israel as opposed to the Peace Now Israelis whom they disdain. There is real madness here; mischief too."

The ending made laugh

"All in all, the latest Podhoretz diatribes have finally convinced me that the time has come for the United States to stop all aid not only to Israel but to Jordan, Egypt and the rest of the Arab world. The Middle Easterners would then be obliged to make peace, or blow one another up, or whatever. In any case, we would be well out of it. After all, the theological and territorial quarrels of Israel and Islam are as remote to 200 million Americans as–what else?–the War of the Roses."