How’s that Nationalism working for you? Hungary Edition

Aero

Superstar
I noticed this story, but haven't really investigated.

It's similar to what we are doing in America though. In America, most workers aren't even allowed to work overtime. Or they work overtime for straight pay. In any case, it's just employers trying to get more labor for a significantly lower cost.

I think the average American work week is down to like 32 hours or something, and it's only getting lower. So we have wages that aren't really going up, and work weeks going down. And somehow nobody can see the disaster brewing?

Eventually, nobody is going to work these jobs. Plus I think we are getting to a point where people are going to start stealing everything they need. If Corporations refuse to pay people, a rise in theft only seems logical. In this sense, corporations aren't even saving themselves money by keeping work weeks short. Because all the savings are just going to get stolen!

I noticed this story, but haven't really investigated.

It's similar to what we are doing in America though. In America, most workers aren't even allowed to work overtime. Or they work overtime for straight pay. In any case, it's just employers trying to get more labor for a significantly lower cost.

I think the average American work week is down to like 32 hours or something, and it's only getting lower. So we have wages that aren't really going up, and work weeks going down. And somehow nobody can see the disaster brewing?

Eventually, nobody is going to work these jobs. Plus I think we are getting to a point where people are going to start stealing everything they need. If Corporations refuse to pay people, a rise in theft only seems logical. In this sense, corporations aren't even saving themselves money by keeping work weeks short. Because all the savings are just going to get stolen!
Aren’t most of the goods insured though? I don’t think shoplifting hurts corporations as much as they want you to believe, and is always a convenient excuse for price increases.

I agree though, the corporate exploitation of the working class continues.

Aero

Superstar
Aren’t most of the goods insured though? I don’t think shoplifting hurts corporations as much as they want you to believe, and is always a convenient excuse for price increases.

I agree though, the corporate exploitation of the working class continues.
Lol no. Products at your local stores aren't insured. If you steal a candy bar, the number crunchers will eventually discover that lost 50 cents or whatever. So the bigger the company, the more theft is going to eat into their bottom line.

I work at a company that has literally closed stores and blamed theft. Obviously, theft wasn't the main factor though. Especially when you consider the amount of money spent on security. It sounds absurd when you think about it. They have 100 cameras in every store, and probably millions of dollars in a security budget. Yet they can't stop petty theft.

Lol no. Products at your local stores aren't insured. If you steal a candy bar, the number crunchers will eventually discover that lost 50 cents or whatever. So the bigger the company, the more theft is going to eat into their bottom line.

I work at a company that has literally closed stores and blamed theft. Obviously, theft wasn't the main factor though. Especially when you consider the amount of money spent on security. It sounds absurd when you think about it. They have 100 cameras in every store, and probably millions of dollars in a security budget. Yet they can't stop petty theft.
Well it sounds like they spend more trying to prevent the theft than they lose from it?

Last week Hungary seriously pissed off EU, interesting timing...

Or and just a thought here, people don’t want legal slavery? They should have thought about that before voting fascist. Hopefully the pressure will stay on, and he resigns. Hope the people won’t fall for refugee scapegoatism and see this thru.

Six months ago I’d be calling for this guy to get Valerio’d If ya know what I mean.

Aero

Superstar
Well it sounds like they spend more trying to prevent the theft than they lose from it?
Thats a tough one. But its probably accurate. I really dont know because it makes zero sense to me.

Personally speaking if I had my own business I would use minimal cameras as a simple deterent and incase shit happens. Then I would have anti theft officers in all the high theft areas. You know? Its not rocket science.

The security where i work just sits on their asses and hope the criminals incriminate themselves. Derp

Thats a tough one. But its probably accurate. I really dont know because it makes zero sense to me.

Personally speaking if I had my own business I would use minimal cameras as a simple deterent and incase shit happens. Then I would have anti theft officers in all the high theft areas. You know? Its not rocket science.

The security where i work just sits on their asses and hope the criminals incriminate themselves. Derp
Yeah I worked in retail for a while AP/LP whatever they want to call it was pretty much a scam job.

Vytas

Star
Or and just a thought here, people don’t want legal slavery? They should have thought about that before voting fascist. Hopefully the pressure will stay on, and he resigns. Hope the people won’t fall for refugee scapegoatism and see this thru.

Six months ago I’d be calling for this guy to get Valerio’d If ya know what I mean.
Originally he was liberal, pro EU etc. Quite radical change isn't it? It's common for politicians to change parties like socs. While you find opportunity to bash nationalism here, i doubt it has anything to do with nationalism. If anything those people doesn't have any views at all. Money sure as hell can delete all principles.
After France it now stinks for me, like sole purpose of those laws were to start revolts. I mean how outrageous they are, surely they didn't expect this going to go smooth and without objections.
Valerio would be a little harsh tho, not that i think anyone would be sorry for him :)

Originally he was liberal, pro EU etc. Quite radical change isn't it? It's common for politicians to change parties like socs. While you find opportunity to bash nationalism here, i doubt it has anything to do with nationalism. If anything those people doesn't have any views at all. Money sure as hell can delete all principles.
After France it now stinks for me, like sole purpose of those laws were to start revolts. I mean how outrageous they are, surely they didn't expect this going to go smooth and without objections.
Valerio would be a little harsh tho, not that i think anyone would be sorry for him :)
From Wiki

“After the transition to democracy in 1990, he was elected to the National Assembly and served as leader of Fidesz's parliamentary caucus until 1993. Under his leadership, Orbán shifted Fidesz away from its original centre-right, classical liberal, pro-European integration platform toward right-wing national conservatism. After Fidesz won a plurality of seats in the National Assembly in the 1998 elections, Orbán became prime minister for four years at the head of a right-wing coalition government.”

So it seems like he been a nationalist for a while.

With protest movements seeming to spread tho, there’s always the possibility of something weird.

I don’t want him to get Valerio’d but if it happened I wouldn’t shed a tear.