Homesteading/gardening

Cintra

Star
My playpen, my rules!
The Doomsday Hall groups poo will go in the river, end of story, and if anybody don't like it they can get on their bikes and go take their chances in the city with Lisa..:)
Me and mine will set up camp by another river.
But we will sneak over and dump our crap up river of you.

Probably going for something like this

IMG_20201030_142300.jpg

Cintra

Star
In his section of the river though, right? Lol.
Rivers are stagnant bodies of water...as we know..
They don't flow anywhere....lol ;)
Yes they flow, but not if I dam it just down river of Tidal's place.

To be totally clear, Tidal has sold me on the befits of throwing my crap in Tidal's river.
Not anyone else's, but if tidal is making his river into a sewer, I might as well use the facilities.

My castle has a fresh water well within the walls

We will have armoured battle busses, and a trebuchet.

We will be a mobile zombie killing army that buries their poo properly, except when we are in the vicinity of Doomsday Hall.

And Tidal, don't talk about the fuel running out. If you can't see a way of running a vehicle without petrochemicals, I'm not going to enlighten you.

Cintra

Star
But to go back to the serious side of this.

A river can take a bit of poo, but not much before it becomes a source of disease.
You also have to consider the needs of the people down river and be a good neighbour.

A compost toilet over a pit is probably the way to go.
Wether you use the rotted down contents as compost is a personal choice.

Cintra

Star
There are a few communities in Britain that live like this.
In vehicles or benders or whatever.
Some of these communities are decades old, on the same land.
They have learned which toilet systems works best.

A properly made and used toilet pit system works well.

Cintra

Star
Psst, they prefer Inuit or Inuk these days. "Eskimo" is a racist term that other tribes (mine included) used for them...it just means "raw meat eater".

Also, they're genetically adapted for that diet... something about the way they store fat, I don't remember the specifics.

This is a pretty great thread, thanks OP. I've been looking into a similar idea, and found that linking up shipping containers before burying them is an interesting way to add shelter and storage space. It's cheap and modular, and can easily be done with cheap/rented construction equipment. Just putting that out there.
Shipping containers!
Excellent idea!

Bent8484

Established
Shipping containers!
Excellent idea!
Yes, back to the subject at hand. Though from now on I'm going to start referring to "Doomsday Hall" as "Scurvy Hall".

About the shipping containers: it's a popular set up for backyard bunkers, but there's no reason someone couldn't also use it as a cold room type cellar area. If you want to use it as a shelter, though, you need to build a curved kinda steel dome over it (giving it kind of a bread loaf shape), so that the pressure is held up by the arch on top of the container. Also, you want to bury it at least 4 feet down, minimum, for use as a shelter.

justjess

Superstar
I hope he kept the bath cool to lukewarm. For the duck's sake.
Warm. Honestly that lasted like three seconds. They just poop constantly. We didn’t even put her in. She just watched them splash around in the water. We set them free like two days later. Goddamn tractor supply store.. he’s an impulse buyer.

justjess

Superstar
I hope they make it.

Speaking of which, I'll be heading there in a little bit.
Me too. This was a long time ago.. my son saw them over there a couple times after.

oh god... maybe you should leave your wallet at home lol.

justjess

Superstar
Yeah. It's the realization that a lot of hipsters trying out urban chicken coops are inevitably going to reach.

In the meantime, I'll be laughing at them, just like that year when they all got manual lawnmowers, underestimating the amount of effort required to actually push them along.
Awesome work out though... not for me, for the boys lol

Obviously animals poop. Managing that situation when you have no land is just a stupid idea to begin with (told you he’s an impulse buyer)

Maes17

Superstar
I really want to raise a couple of ducks next year. One hatchery I was looking at had only unsexed with a minimum order of 15. Another had sexed at about $10 each but a $45 surcharge on small orders. I guess I'll have to find a local farm that will sell me a couple.
So uh...christmas dinner at your house?
Heard you’re having roasted duck

Maes17

Superstar
Yeah. It's the realization that a lot of hipsters trying out urban chicken coops are inevitably going to reach.

In the meantime, I'll be laughing at them, just like that year when they all got manual lawnmowers, underestimating the amount of effort required to actually push them along.
Little effort(relativity speaking).

Like a pressure washer though hated the maintenance involved. I’m starting to get intrigued in some type of food production though.