Homeless epidemic

justjess

Superstar
Why do you think that would be helpful?
Because then you’d understand why a homeless person would respond to being questioned by a journalist on camera that way. Or in general. But you seem to lack any insight into the human mind or behavior or just about anything tbh... so a psych book would help in numerous ways.

Lisa

Superstar
Because then you’d understand why a homeless person would respond to being questioned by a journalist on camera that way. Or in general. But you seem to lack any insight into the human mind or behavior or just about anything tbh... so a psych book would help in numerous ways.
I do have experience with homeless people and what was shown on screen matches that so I don’t see why I need a book at this point.

justjess

Superstar
I do have experience with homeless people and what was shown on screen matches that so I don’t see why I need a book at this point.
Psychology Lisa. Understanding why someone might say what they say or do what they do. Empathy. They go hand in hand. Your experience is being pissed of at the filthy vermin who defile your husbands precious place of business. It is not the same.

Lisa

Superstar
Psychology Lisa. Understanding why someone might say what they say or do what they do. Empathy. They go hand in hand. Your experience is being pissed of at the filthy vermin who defile your husbands precious place of business. It is not the same.
I’m not pissed at anyone..I think I bring up some good points.

Robin

Veteran
@justjess . . . Honestly, she's been baiting EVERYONE today looking for conflict. Don't feed her insatiable greed for an argument. You'll only end up hurting your own sanity and it's so not worth it which is why I've resolved to ignore her.

Lisa

Superstar
Enabling and perpetuating a problem...now where have I heard that before? Just want to drink and do drugs..now where have I heard that before? Take responsibility for their lives, what?!? Could that actually work?

Lisa

Superstar
California officials threaten to clear a mile-long homeless encampment in Sonoma County that has grown to more than 200 people - but plan to spend $12million to provide housing
  • Vote came amid complaints from residents and businesses about squalid, unsanitary conditions, including rats and other pests and a rash of used needles

Simka

Established
Of course, the raise of housing prices and rents caused the increase of amount of homeless people. But it has to be noted that various states have different cost of living. I've recently looked through a real estate marketplace fodyo.com and noticed that it is possible to buy several houses in one state at a price of one house in another. I don't know why people who can't afford living in a big city don't go to smaller towns. It is better to have a roof over the head and live in another place than to be homeless.

justjess

Superstar
Of course, the raise of housing prices and rents caused the increase of amount of homeless people. But it has to be noted that various states have different cost of living. I've recently looked through a real estate marketplace fodyo.comand noticed that it is possible to buy several houses in one state at a price of one house in another. I don't know why people who can't afford living in a big city don't go to smaller towns. It is better to have a roof over the head and live in another place than to be homeless.
I used to agree with that logic. So I moved from Brooklyn to a small town, one where you could buy several houses for the price of one somewhere else. You know why the housing prices are so low? There’s no work. And the work that exists is all low paying with no benefits and no security - even with a bachelors degree, not much better with a masters degree. Do a comparison.. take the places you find in your real estate search and type them into indeed. Make note of the type and distribution of the job listings. If you find somewhere that this dynamic does not exist.. let me know. Maybe I’ll move.

People also don’t want to have to uproot themselves and move halfway across the country away from their family and friends and everything they’ve ever known to be able to afford housing. And when they do it causes other issues - no support system which is a big deal especially if they have kids. It’s not so simple unfortunately.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Of course, the raise of housing prices and rents caused the increase of amount of homeless people. But it has to be noted that various states have different cost of living. I've recently looked through a real estate marketplace fodyo.comand noticed that it is possible to buy several houses in one state at a price of one house in another. I don't know why people who can't afford living in a big city don't go to smaller towns. It is better to have a roof over the head and live in another place than to be homeless.
If they dont have enough money to live in a house in one area of the country, how are the supposed to get to another end of the country and then purchase a parcel of land w/a house on it or build their own?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
California officials threaten to clear a mile-long homeless encampment in Sonoma County that has grown to more than 200 people - but plan to spend $12million to provide housing
  • Vote came amid complaints from residents and businesses about squalid, unsanitary conditions, including rats and other pests and a rash of used needles
So they are clearing the encampment and providing actual housing so the people wont be at risk of bothering you with their selfish plight of being outdoors..... what is there left for you to complain about?

Lisa

Superstar
So they are clearing the encampment and providing actual housing so the people wont be at risk of bothering you with their selfish plight of being outdoors..... what is there left for you to complain about?
This is the reason they are clearing them out..

justjess

Superstar
That they made them get off the street where they were making it a filthy mess...
I want homeless people to have housing and dignity. In the absence of that I want judgemental selfish assholes who spite and hate them to stop calling themselves Christians, at the very least. I’d be mad if they were kicking them out of the encampment without any alternative and better form of housing being made available.