Homeless epidemic

Glad 2 know

Veteran
MOST if not ALL people that become drug addicts or alcoholics is because they're trying to numb the pain from YEARS of being raised with ABUSIVE, NEGLIGENT PARENTS that they themselves have personality disorders and mental illnesses and are TOTALLY UNFIT to have/raise children. That creates BROKEN, INSECURE people that are emotionally and psychologically handicapped who DON'T know how to deal with their emotional turmoils with other than "numbing agents". If you don't have compassion for an abused child then I don't know about you. That child MIGHT grow up to be a broken person in need of help to mend their broken souls. And of course being the evil world that it is, the first thing available to them is either drugs, or alcohol instead of counseling or a relationship with God.

Lisa

Superstar
Yes, herding the homeless like cattle doesn't help. It makes them feel worse, like they're unsightly and a blight and no one wants them around. I really hate that there's the clearing of the riverbeds but you don't hear anything like "the city has opened a new shelter". There's FAR more more cleanups of the homeless encampments, and no new places for these unfortunate souls to go to.
Also I don't hear of counseling services for FREE for those that are TRYING to get back on their feet.
I haven't heard of facilities that offer FREE showers and clothing for those people that WANT to land a job specially, but for everyone that needs a shower and clean clothes.
The city where I live has no shelter and it's a big city!!! But yes it does have plenty of abandoned buildings and lots that can easily accommodate some type of housing.
If you see videos of the homeless in different cities...they are unsightly and a blight. Why do we have to mollycoddle them? They made a mess of their lives for whatever reason and they are living less then human. Maybe it’s time to be brutally honest? The handouts don’t seem to help but enable them to continue in a bad situation.

What’s the free housing going to do? Except be condemned later on because it’s uninhabitable due to the filth and grime that will surely come. That’s how they live...they sure don’t keep the sidewalks clean...

What will counseling do do ya think?

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
If you see videos of the homeless in different cities...they are unsightly and a blight. Why do we have to mollycoddle them? They made a mess of their lives for whatever reason and they are living less then human. Maybe it’s time to be brutally honest? The handouts don’t seem to help but enable them to continue in a bad situation.

What’s the free housing going to do? Except be condemned later on because it’s uninhabitable due to the filth and grime that will surely come. That’s how they live...they sure don’t keep the sidewalks clean...

What will counseling do do ya think?
No one is coddling them, they're being pushed around, you're down you don't belong here. So well doesn't SOMEBODY have the moral responsibility to these poor people??? ANYBODY???
This life has unexpected events like the Bible says so. Let's differentiate between the ones that lost everything due to natural disasters, illnesses, disabilities, mental illness, loss of the breadwinner, mothers fleeing abusive SOs etc and THOSE who are broken and are blinded by pain and suffering, the vicious cycle that is hard to break. I know that when a person is depressed they don't care for personal hygiene and much the less the cleanliness of the surroundings. I personally don't like the trash/filth everywhere but it's the reflection of the state of mind of people.

It's a complex situation but yes either teaching them about God or counseling is a start.

Lisa

Superstar
No one is coddling them, they're being pushed around, you're down you don't belong here. So well doesn't SOMEBODY have the moral responsibility to these poor people??? ANYBODY???
This life has unexpected events like the Bible says so. Let's differentiate between the ones that lost everything due to natural disasters, illnesses, disabilities, mental illness, loss of the breadwinner, mothers fleeing abusive SOs etc and THOSE who are broken and are blinded by pain and suffering, the vicious cycle that is hard to break. I know that when a person is depressed they don't care for personal hygiene and much the less the cleanliness of the surroundings. I personally don't like the trash/filth everywhere but it's the reflection of the state of mind of people.

It's a complex situation but yes either teaching them about God or counseling is a start.
They have a moral responsibility to themselves, don’t ya think? If they fail themselves and won’t take responsibility for it, why do I or anyone else have to take responsibility for them?

We could just as well differentiate by people willing to own up the the responsibility that their bad decisions wrought..or the ones that have an excuse and blame everything and everyone..unfortunately I think the ones in the latter are more prevalent and therefore harder to help.

Is teaching them about God equal to counseling?

Vixy

Star
And very rarely have I heard of churches letting them sleep on the grounds, even if it's from 9pm-5am only.
There really is NO empathy in peoples hearts anymore. I saw a homeless guy sleeping sitting up in our church once, it warmed my heart seeing him sitting there in the warmth at least for a few hours when he needed it. Its quiet, calm and with the presense of God and he really didnt bother ANYONE, on the contrary; THAT'S how to act christian!

Glad 2 know

Veteran
They have a moral responsibility to themselves, don’t ya think? If they fail themselves and won’t take responsibility for it, why do I or anyone else have to take responsibility for them?
Of course they do, have you ever been depressed? People that are mentally ill or depressed DON'T care sweetie, why is that so hard to understand??
We could just as well differentiate by people willing to own up the the responsibility that their bad decisions wrought..or the ones that have an excuse and blame everything and everyone..unfortunately I think the ones in the latter are more prevalent and therefore harder to help.
Well I just like to say that because of satan, Adam and Eve we're like this. While we all have personal responsibility and accountability, not everything is within hand's reach sometimes. Tell the weather to stop causing natural disasters. Tell people to stop being greedy, etc.
Is teaching them about God equal to counseling?
You should know this, how has it benefited you personally??

Quoting my post above: "Disabilities aside, homelessness is mostly the consequences of bad life choices.". But do continue your virtue signalling rant while ignoring what I actually wrote.
Are you really using the term "virtue signaling" unironically?

Here's my quote, which has nothing to do with people who are trying to work but cannot find jobs: "People who are perfectly capable of working but choose to take drugs, abuse alcohol, and gain the welfare system should not come before people who are working hard, living responsibly, raising families, and paying taxes which SUPPORT the welfare crowd."

Instead of addressing what is actually being said, you're arguing/lashing out against things that have not been said, which is what people do when they have no real response to the issue at hand.
You're ignoring that addicts are sick. They need to be helped, not to be treated like they don't matter. It's not like these people decide that one day they want to become addicted to heroin because it sounds fun... People turn to drugs and alcohol for an escape. Yes, it's a poor one, but having known people with addictions who are good people... Yeah, simply giving up on other people because they have some sort of "moral failing" isn't going to make this world a better place.

Well, good for you... you're insulated from all of that. As I said, it's really easy for you to sit in judgment when you're not the one at risk. You have absolutely no skin in the game, and show zero compassion for decent hard-working families having to live among the drugs, violence, crime, diseases, and human feces. What a complete hypocrite.
Not owning property doesn't mean I don't have to deal with real life. And when it comes to compassion... You're sort of right. I certainly have less compassion for the middle class. But that's because I used to living in a happy, middle class family before situations beyond of control pushed us down the economic ladder... And other people I personally know have suffered worse. So why WOULDN'T I have more compassion towards to homeless or working class? They suffer more than the middle class.

So now homeless people are a third mentally ill? Is that after the half that you say are addicts? You are still giving excuses for homelessness and it’s never anyone’s fault...
Oh, it's totally the fault of people. Sometimes, it's even the fault of the homeless people themselves but that doesn't mean we should turn their backs on them.

And there is a crossover, between the mentally ill, drug addicts, and alcoholics. There's overlap, but to my knowledge, no study has broken it down into specfics.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/unemployment-rate-falls-lowest-level-50-years/story?id=66058946

Unemployment rates aren't really a great way to judge the economy. To begin with, they usually only count people who are on unemployment benefits... Once you fall off, you're no longer counted as employed... Even if you don't have a job. I know people who've been out of work of a year or more and not because they haven't tried to find a job.

It also doesn't count people who are underemployed.

My hope is always in God...
Yet you reject His command to help those in need.

The homeless should value their lives more then...

I’m not pretending to be a Christian.
Kind of hard to have any value on your life, when society is filled with people that treat you like you're less than human.

Lisa

Superstar
Utterly disgusting...

A homeless man dumped a bucket of “hot” diarrhea on a Los Angeles woman near the Hollywood Walk of Fame — an unprovoked attack that’s left her with PTSD, she said this week.

Heidi Van Tassel said she was about to drive home from a Thai restaurant near the famed tourist area in April when the alleged assailant, Jere Blessings, dragged her out of her vehicle, news station NBC4 reported.

He pulled her into the middle of the street, where he dumped a bucket of feces over her head, she said.

“It was diarrhea. Hot liquid,” Van Tassel told NBC4. “I was soaked, and it was coming off my eyelashes and into my eyes.”

Referring to the amount of feces used in the attack, paramedics who treated her said that it “looked like the man was saving it up for a month,” according to Van Tassel.

She said she was rushed to Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital, where she was tested for infectious diseases, NBC4 reported.

“It’s so traumatic,” Van Tassel told the news station. “The PTSD that I’m dealing with is beyond anything that I’ve ever felt. There needs to be some kind of help for the victims of these crimes.”

Blessings — who was described as a transient who suffers from mental illness — was arrested on battery charges and jailed, the outlet reported.
https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/homeless-man-hurls-bucket-of-diarrhea-at-woman-near-hollywood-walk-of-fame/

Lisa

Superstar
Oh, it's totally the fault of people. Sometimes, it's even the fault of the homeless people themselves but that doesn't mean we should turn their backs on them.

And there is a crossover, between the mentally ill, drug addicts, and alcoholics. There's overlap, but to my knowledge, no study has broken it down into specfics.

Unemployment rates aren't really a great way to judge the economy. To begin with, they usually only count people who are on unemployment benefits... Once you fall off, you're no longer counted as employed... Even if you don't have a job. I know people who've been out of work of a year or more and not because they haven't tried to find a job.

It also doesn't count people who are underemployed.

Yet you reject His command to help those in need.

Kind of hard to have any value on your life, when society is filled with people that treat you like you're less than human.
I think the homeless themselves act less than human a lot of times...they have no respect for themselves. How do you help people that don’t respect themselves though? Really? How do you help addicts that would rather have their addictions then have self respect? Really?

Is it by giving them a pass and letting them live on a sidewalk and use the sidewalk as a toilet? Is that giving them respect or is that enabling them to continue their bad choices? And is that really the only way to “help” someone..cause I don’t see that as helpful.

I guess we can differ on what it is to help someone in need. I seriously don’t see how giving them a tent is actually helping them..it might be giving them a place to live but is it really helping them? They are still homeless, they are still addicts, they are still living in the street, using the street as their toilet. What has changed..except now people don’t feel as guilty that they live in cardboard boxes? You didn’t help them at all. That’s all I’m saying. And to actually help them? Well that’s a different idea all together isn’t it? There is an old adage that says you can’t help people that won’t help themselves...

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
DEAR LISA:

We know you don't understand anything about mental illness and you should stop bashing those that suffer from it. I am done trying to reason with you about mentally ill people and you should stop talking about them too. Thank you.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
You should know this, how has it benefited you personally??
Well you said God has made you strong no? No more replying to you sorry but I can only go back and forth so much if a point isn't understood no matter how much it's broken down.

Lisa

Superstar
DEAR LISA:

We know you don't understand anything about mental illness and you should stop bashing those that suffer from it. I am done trying to reason with you about mentally ill people and you should stop talking about them too. Thank you.
We are talking about the homeless...not all of them are mentally ill and I’ve already said that I don’t know enough about mental illness to comment about them. However, I do think many of the homeless are addicts and that’s to whom my comments are directed.

Phithx

Veteran
I've seen the INCREDIBLE homeless epidemic in the states, how the streets of San Fran, Los Angeles and Washington DC is filled with people who cant pay the skyrocketing rents anymore, gets laied off or sick and gets evicted. I wonder if they are doing this as another step to bring in their New World Order?

They DO want to part the classes between rich and poor so considering they want us all as dumb, small goblings who only can work and not think, while they have beauty, great homes and health, it's not impossible.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/6057734.stm

Yes agreed, that's part of their agenda, but we've made it easier for them by collectively breaking God's Law.

Read the curses (and blessings) and you'll see just about an exact correspondence between them and what's happening.

King of kings' Bible
Deuteronomy 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to observe to do all His Commandments and His Statutes which I command thee this day; that ALL THESE CURSES [of the Law] shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
28:16 Cursed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and cursed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.
28:17 Cursed [shall be] thy basket and thy store.
28:18 Cursed [shall be] the fruit of thy body (Eno. 96:14), and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
28:19 Cursed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and cursed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.
... and more

Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fully preach The Law (The Torah) and fulfill the prophecies about the first coming of the Messiah.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.

Vixy

Star
Yes agreed, that's part of their agenda, but we've made it easier for them by collectively breaking God's Law.

Read the curses (and blessings) and you'll see just about an exact correspondence between them and what's happening.

King of kings' Bible
Deuteronomy 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to observe to do all His Commandments and His Statutes which I command thee this day; that ALL THESE CURSES [of the Law] shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
28:16 Cursed [shalt] thou [be] in the city, and cursed [shalt] thou [be] in the field.
28:17 Cursed [shall be] thy basket and thy store.
28:18 Cursed [shall be] the fruit of thy body (Eno. 96:14), and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
28:19 Cursed [shalt] thou [be] when thou comest in, and cursed [shalt] thou [be] when thou goest out.
... and more

Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fully preach The Law (The Torah) and fulfill the prophecies about the first coming of the Messiah.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.
Uhm..out of curiosity, how does one fix this? If already living under the law but not becoming free of sickness. Is there anything else one''s supposed to do?

Phithx

Veteran
Uhm..out of curiosity, how does one fix this? If already living under the law but not becoming free of sickness. Is there anything else one''s supposed to do?
Thank-you for your reply.

That's not an easy question for me to answer; I'd probably need some more information about your question.

But in the mean time please read this quite short piece, which speaks directly about sickness and how it relates to The Laws of God.

Then we can take it further if you like.

Phithx

Veteran
Is there any chance you can keep your God talk to the religious section? That's what the religious section is for.

Thanks
Hard to separate the two.

It's direct cause and effect, the details of which are exactly spelt out in the Bible.