Homeless epidemic

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Someone wants them to be homeless anyway. One of the comments in that video is “what the video can’t capture is the smell from all the rubbish and faeces.” I imagine that poster is british..but he’s right all the same. How many of those people are also doing drugs? Or are alcoholics? We don’t know from that video..but what we do know is that its a mess there with people living like that and its hard on business to run with that. Another poster said she had to walk her dog in the street until she found some sidewalk without all the tents...its lawlessness and doesn’t solve the problem of homelessness, just makes more problems. This is not compassion.
It sounds like theres a lot about these situations which you "dont know", Lisa... but as usual, that doesn't keep you from posting! Heres a Mobius Strip of Food.... perhaps as you gaze at it, you can ponder how Jesus felt about the downtrodden of the Earth and reflect on what he said regarding faith without works......
1572451838598.png

Reactions: NPC

Lisa

Superstar
It sounds like theres a lot about these situations which you "dont know", Lisa... but as usual, that doesn't keep you from posting! Heres a Mobius Strip of Food.... perhaps as you gaze at it, you can ponder how Jesus felt about the downtrodden of the Earth and reflect on what he said regarding faith without works......
View attachment 26988
Does it solve anything to put people in tents?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
It doesn’t solve the situation and it makes it worse.
As usual, you have nothing to back up your opinions which fly in the face of both established fact and reality. You also cant offer up any excuse for your callous remarks about the downtrodden among us, so instead you avoid my question..... yet you also cant stop posting lol. So what is your actual purpose for involvement with this website Lisa?

Lisa

Superstar
As usual, you have nothing to back up your opinions which fly in the face of both established fact and reality. You also cant offer up any excuse for your callous remarks about the downtrodden among us, so instead you avoid my question..... yet you also cant stop posting lol. So what is your actual purpose for involvement with this website Lisa?
What do you mean...there are established facts and reality for the homeless population. You only have to see them up close to get a feel for what is going on.

What callous remarks? I don’t think its good for anyone to be homeless, but I do think that its about peoples poor choices that makes them so. I also believe that compassion has gotten out of hand and why would people try to help themselves if they are gonna get a free tent, their drugs and free food? Where is the motivation to do better? How is that callous to question what is currently being done?

Lol...I don’t have to answer every question you post do I? However, I do remember in the Bible that God told Adam and Eve and gave them a job to do He took them and and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it..maybe that means something?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
What do you mean...there are established facts and reality for the homeless population. You only have to see them up close to get a feel for what is going on.

What callous remarks? I don’t think its good for anyone to be homeless, but I do think that its about peoples poor choices that makes them so. I also believe that compassion has gotten out of hand and why would people try to help themselves if they are gonna get a free tent, their drugs and free food? Where is the motivation to do better? How is that callous to question what is currently being done?

Lol...I don’t have to answer every question you post do I? However, I do remember in the Bible that God told Adam and Eve and gave them a job to do He took them and and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it..maybe that means something?
So you have no potential solutions to offer other than to deny them charity and a suggestion that they should take up gardening? Thats your take on how Jesus would want us to address the situation?

Lisa

Superstar
So you have no potential solutions to offer other than to deny them charity and a suggestion that they should take up gardening? Thats your take on how Jesus would want us to address the situation?
That’s not charity. Well, God didn’t create us to sit around doing nothing did He? Where He’d walk with humans in the coolness of the day and see them in the tent He made for them doing nothing and reaching up for that low hanging fruit? Some say, since He made the marijuana plant its ok to smoke it...so maybe that’s what they were doing too? I kind of think that they were working the garden and living a life of working and doing a good job every day. Doing a good job is rewarding..sitting around in a tent, homeless and aimless is not.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
That’s not charity. Well, God didn’t create us to sit around doing nothing did He? Where He’d walk with humans in the coolness of the day and see them in the tent He made for them doing nothing and reaching up for that low hanging fruit? Some say, since He made the marijuana plant its ok to smoke it...so maybe that’s what they were doing too? I kind of think that they were working the garden and living a life of working and doing a good job every day. Doing a good job is rewarding..sitting around in a tent, homeless and aimless is not.
You have a lot of maybes' for someone whom speaks as if their opinions are authoritative. Your understanding of the scripture you say you follow seems compromised to the extreme......

Lisa

Superstar
You have a lot of maybes' for someone whom speaks as if their opinions are authoritative. Your understanding of the scripture you say you follow seems compromised to the extreme......
Haha..there was only one maybe in that comment..was that the one maybe too many? Lol!

What’s extreme? That we should work and its not a bad thing to work? You get satisfaction from a job well done rather than sitting around doing nothing...is that extreme?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Haha..there was only one maybe in that comment..was that the one maybe too many? Lol!

What’s extreme? That we should work and its not a bad thing to work? You get satisfaction from a job well done rather than sitting around doing nothing...is that extreme?
1572458472429.png

NPC

Established
There are tons of videos like this.. Working full time but homeless, trying to get back on their feet.. Shit happens Lisa.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Is that your only way of commenting..maybe you should just stop talking to me if you can’t come up with something interesting yourself?
Maybe you should stop posting questions if you have no idea what the answers are but wont accept any that come from outside of your comfort zone.

Lisa

Superstar
There are tons of videos like this.. Working full time but homeless, trying to get back on their feet.. Shit happens Lisa.
I’m sorry...but can homelessness really happen in an hour?

NPC

Established
I’m sorry...but can homelessness really happen in an hour?
It can happen in a minute. Like I said above.. I know and have met people that are homeless due to their house burning down. Look at hurricane Katrani as well.. Thousands were left homeless in an instant for example.

Lisa

Superstar
There is a difference between people addicted to vices and good people, that because of unfortunate circumstances, are left homeless.
Sure I get that...but I think that most people are addicted to vices and that’s why they are homeless. I can agree that people can be left homeless for various reasons but the common ones are drugs and alcohol abuse.

NPC

Established
Sure I get that...but I think that most people are addicted to vices and that’s why they are homeless. I can agree that people can be left homeless for various reasons but the common ones are drugs and alcohol abuse.
There is alot for sure. And you can't help people that choose not to help themselves or accept help that is given.