Homeless epidemic

No..the majority are addicts...drugs and or alcohol. If they are mentally ill because of it..that’s a different issue.

I am a true Christian, yes...but I am curious as to what you think I’m contradicting?
This.

:Matthew 25:33-46 KJV" said:
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
You'll dig up the Old Testament to find reasons to justify your hatred of gay people, but you ignore Christ's own worlds about helping the poor.

Lisa

Superstar
This.

You'll dig up the Old Testament to find reasons to justify your hatred of gay people, but you ignore Christ's own worlds about helping the poor.
I don’t hate homosexuals but God does think what they do is an abomination to Him. That’s not the way God decreed how things were to work. It’s between one man and one woman...anything other than that is wrong.

Help the poor don’t keep them dependent. However are addicts the poor? Are these people hurting themselves? Should we encourage that behavior? I would think that when God said to love others He didn’t mean for us to enable problems or bad behavior.

He said feed the hungry. Cloth the naked. Visit the sick and imprisoned. Period. He didn't list exceptions, he didn't give reasons why it would be alright to not do that. He said to help.

We shouldn't encourage bad behavior. But we also should make sure that people have the help they need to get over bad behavior. Since this threat started, you've been pretty clear that you don't think we should even help.

Lisa

Superstar
He said feed the hungry. Cloth the naked. Visit the sick and imprisoned. Period. He didn't list exceptions, he didn't give reasons why it would be alright to not do that. He said to help.

We shouldn't encourage bad behavior. But we also should make sure that people have the help they need to get over bad behavior. Since this threat started, you've been pretty clear that you don't think we should even help.
No, I said I didn’t see how our help actually helped..that it seemed to be perpetuating a problem instead of actually helping someone.

Edit: And I think that I was right about that..the problem has gotten bigger and out of control in places.

Tidal

Star
...I would think that when God said to love others He didn’t mean for us to enable problems or bad behavior.
Right, because it sends out the wrong message that we condone their bad behaviour.
Jesus said by all means be friendly towards people, but if they won't listen, WALK..:)-
Jesus said- "If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)

And in the words of another great prophet-
"If you hang around with losers, you become a loser" (Donald Trump)

Vixy

Star
Meanwhile, celebrities get paid to leave their apartment after using loopholes to avoid paying rent.
Always the frickin same, isnt it? The rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer.

Aero

Superstar
More quoting the Bible out of context? Smh.

I'm not going to enable that type of bad behavior.

Lisa

Superstar
Right, because it sends out the wrong message that we condone their bad behaviour.
Jesus said by all means be friendly towards people, but if they won't listen, WALK..:)-
Jesus said- "If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)

And in the words of another great prophet-
"If you hang around with losers, you become a loser" (Donald Trump)
‭‭
1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:33‬ ‭
Do not be deceived: “Bad company corrupts good morals.

Lisa

Superstar
Yep...they’re just perpetuating a problem..and that’s all they have been doing.

San Francisco faces backlash as it delivers alcohol, tobacco and medical marijuana to 43 homeless addicts who have tested positive for coronavirus and are recovering in city-leased hotels so they do not leave to hunt for a fix and spread the virus

Tidal

Star
Yep...they’re just perpetuating a problem..and that’s all they have been doing.
San Francisco faces backlash as it delivers alcohol, tobacco and medical marijuana to 43 homeless addicts who have tested positive for coronavirus and are recovering in city-leased hotels so they do not leave to hunt for a fix and spread the virus

San Andreas's patience is gonna run out sooner or later and then it'll really hit the fan, quake and tsunami-wise.. :)

"The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake...the earth is violently shaken...
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 25)

Lisa

Superstar
San Andreas's patience is gonna run out sooner or later and then it'll really hit the fan, quake and tsunami-wise.. :)

"The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake...the earth is violently shaken...
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 25)
So we’ve been hearing forever..

Tidal

Star
The muslim Indonesian islands got a good kicking..:)

"The Lord will lay waste the earth and devastate it. It is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant..
Therefore a curse consumes the earth, its people must bear their guilt. The city is left in ruins, its gate is battered to pieces.
So will it be on the earth and among the nations, from the west they acclaim the Lord's majesty. Therefore in the east give glory to the Lord, the God of Israel, in the islands of the sea.

The floodgates of the heavens are opened, the foundations of the earth shake. The earth is broken up, the earth is split asunder, the earth is thoroughly shaken. The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind, so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 24/25)

Lisa

Superstar
The muslim Indonesian islands got a good kicking..:)

"The Lord will lay waste the earth and devastate it. It is defiled by its people; they have disobeyed the laws, violated the statutes and broken the everlasting covenant..
Therefore a curse consumes the earth, its people must bear their guilt. The city is left in ruins, its gate is battered to pieces.
So will it be on the earth and among the nations, from the west they acclaim the Lord's majesty. Therefore in the east give glory to the Lord, the God of Israel, in the islands of the sea.

The floodgates of the heavens are opened, the foundations of the earth shake. The earth is broken up, the earth is split asunder, the earth is thoroughly shaken. The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind, so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 24/25)
I’m not sure why you get so happy thinking like that..because God wants everyone to come to salvation
2 Peter‬ ‭3:9‬ ‭
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
‭‭

Tidal

Star
I’m not sure why you get so happy thinking like that..because God wants everyone to come to salvation..‭

I know, but muslims, atheists and other religions DON'T WANT God, so they're going up the spout and I don't care two hoots, they had their chance, God's not some bleeding-heart mushbrained lefty social worker.
I mean, they've rejected Jesus so they can't possibly be let in through the pearlies or it'd be a case of "Oops there goes the neighbourhood"..:p

Lisa

Superstar
I know, but muslims, atheists and other religions DON'T WANT God, so they're going up the spout and I don't care two hoots, they had their chance, God's not some bleeding-heart mushbrained lefty social worker.
I mean, they've rejected Jesus so they can't possibly be let in through the pearlies or it'd be a case of "Oops there goes the neighbourhood"..:p
You know but? Really? If God want’s everyone to come to salvation and some don’t its not a cause for celebration...its a sad day....however, there are other days after that that the person can repent...after all the verse says that God isn’t slow in His coming..He wants everyone to have all the chances they can get so they aren’t thrown in the lake of fire where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth...to think otherwise is so wrong...

There is rejoicing when people repent..
Luke‬ ‭15:10‬ ‭
In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.
‭‭

Tidal

Star
..there are other days after that that the person can repent..

After what? Death? Surely you don't believe the satanic Reincarnation rubbish about people getting extra lives like a video game, or Catholicisms equally satanic nonsense about serving time in "purgatory" to escape hell?.. :p