Homeless epidemic

justjess

Superstar
Plenty of perfectly responsible people wake up and go to work everyday and still can’t afford housing. That’s part of what’s fueling this increase. Don’t deflect with bullshit arguments that have nothing to do with anything I actually said.

Where should the non addict homeless or homeless addicts for whom treatment doesn’t work GO?

Lisa

Superstar
Plenty of perfectly responsible people wake up and go to work everyday and still can’t afford housing. That’s part of what’s fueling this increase. Don’t deflect with bullshit arguments that have nothing to do with anything I actually said.

Where should the non addict homeless or homeless addicts for whom treatment doesn’t work GO?
I’m not deflecting...where does personal responsibility come into play?

Lisa

Superstar
You are deflecting. You are answering a question with an unrelated question. That’s the definition of deflecting.
I don’t think personal responsibility is an unrelated question, which is why I asked it.

Lisa

Superstar
I'm more concerned about the consequences from jack booted thugs than a narcissistic God. Both of which, you approve of.
You can’t even think about that question? Seriously...do we also have freedom from consequences?

Lisa

Superstar
It’s a simple question. Where should they go?
I really am interested in your answer about personal responsibility. Do you think they have personal responsibility to their own welfare?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Not mad at all...just thought you could tell me why we owe the homeless anything?

If I’d like a house..I have to work for it...yet if they want a house all they have to do is live on the sidewalk? When you start to give people things for not working..you’re going to have more people not working so they can get something for free..which will put a greater burden on tax payers because in the end its the people with jobs who are paying for non workers to have housing, isn’t it? It doesn’t seem fair and it doesn’t really seem right.
Its like letting them live on the sidewalks...nothing good comes from it, there is a disruption to businesses, filth and trash with needles and bottles...and criminal activity follows them. How does giving them a home stop those behaviors? Or is it people feel good that they are no longer on the streets...except for the ones who want to be..but does their behavior change because we put them in a home? How then do they get back on their feet...if that‘s what they want to do in the first place? I guess they could then take those showers you were talking about...but will they really? If they got it for free..what’s their incentive to stop?
"tell me why we owe the homeless anything?"
You better hope that people dont have the same level of concern for you, should yall fall on hard times Lisa.......

Lisa

Superstar
"tell me why we owe the homeless anything?"
You better hope that people dont have the same level of concern for you, should yall fall on hard times Lisa.......
Is that why you care about the homeless...just in case you fall on hard times?

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Is that why you care about the homeless...just in case you fall on hard times?
Thats part of it. First off, it just feels good to help people, its the right thing to do. Secondly, we should be humble enough to realize these kinds of situations could befall anyone. If we dont help when we have the chance to do so, what expectation can we maintain that help will be there for us in our time of need?

Lisa

Superstar
Thats part of it. First off, it just feels good to help people, its the right thing to do. Secondly, we should be humble enough to realize these kinds of situations could befall anyone. If we dont help when we have the chance to do so, what expectation can we maintain that help will be there for us in our time of need?
Does life really work like that though? If you fall on hard times..someone might be there to help you whether you helped anyone else.

I agree that it feels good to help people..but lets help them, not help them perpetuate a problem they have.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Does life really work like that though? If you fall on hard times..someone might be there to help you whether you helped anyone else.

I agree that it feels good to help people..but lets help them, not help them perpetuate a problem they have.
I contribute to the perpetuation of your issues everytime I read or reply to your comments..... and thats all on me. So perhaps its time for a change.....

Lisa

Superstar
I contribute to the perpetuation of your issues everytime I read or reply to your comments..... and thats all on me. So perhaps its time for a change.....
What do you think I’m gonna say? O..you’re right Tempest and I’ve been wrong all this time? Lol!