Homeless epidemic

Lisa

Superstar
Feeding someone who is hungry is good works lil LIsa. Discouraging people from doing so while you sit on your keister and prattle online.... aint.
Maybe it is...does it help the person out of homelessness though? Or does it just make the person ’feeding the homeless’ feel good about themselves while actually not doing anything to end homelessness? I think that’s the problem I see in the whole thing.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Maybe it is...does it help the person out of homelessness though? Or does it just make the person ’feeding the homeless’ feel good about themselves while actually not doing anything to end homelessness? I think that’s the problem I see in the whole thing.
It provides the human with the sustenance they need to survive you cold-hearted cretin.

Lisa

Superstar
It provides the human with the sustenance they need to survive you cold-hearted cretin.
Or they could stop the drugs and get a job to take care of themselves? With just feeding them you are just perpetuating a problem and its not really solving it but making things worse..not only for them but for the communities and businesses around them.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Or they could stop the drugs and get a job to take care of themselves? With just feeding them you are just perpetuating a problem and its not really solving it but making things worse..not only for them but for the communities and businesses around them.
You miss the whole point of being human..... which is one of the reasons you make such a lousy Christian.

Lisa

Superstar
Hmmm...food for thought..

Edit: handouts don’t help?

Last edited:

https://biblehub.com/matthew/25-34.htm
Matthew 25:34-46 said:
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: 42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: 43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. 44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? 45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. 46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
Seems like Christ Himself said to help the poor - even those that made made choices.

Right...helping people get on their feet is different then perpetuating a problem. Even when God created Adam..He gave him a job.
Letting people rot isn't even helping them to their feet. And Christ didn't say "only feed the poor, unless they are a junkie, then they can starve to death". He said feed to poor. Period. Cloth the naked. Period. Visit the imprisoned. Period. When you don't do those to the least, you're not doing them to God.

But keep pretending your hatred for the poor and thinking that everyone who's homeless is a junkie and deserves to suffer makes you a good Christian.

Lisa

Superstar
Letting people rot isn't even helping them to their feet. And Christ didn't say "only feed the poor, unless they are a junkie, then they can starve to death". He said feed to poor. Period. Cloth the naked. Period. Visit the imprisoned. Period. When you don't do those to the least, you're not doing them to God.

But keep pretending your hatred for the poor and thinking that everyone who's homeless is a junkie and deserves to suffer makes you a good Christian.
I don’t hate the poor but I wouldn’t classify the homeless as poor. I think when you're dealing with addicted people you have to do things differently than when you’re dealing with actual poor people.

I don’t hate the poor but I wouldn’t classify the homeless as poor. I think when you're dealing with addicted people you have to do things differently than when you’re dealing with actual poor people.
But you're still supposed to help the sick, Lisa. Which people with addictions are. And the imprisoned. Not the just falsely imprisoned... Meaning you're still supposed to show love and compassion to people who made bad life choices.

Lisa

Superstar
But you're still supposed to help the sick, Lisa. Which people with addictions are. And the imprisoned. Not the just falsely imprisoned... Meaning you're still supposed to show love and compassion to people who made bad life choices.
Now they’re the sick? Make up your mind...

Am I supposed to show love and compassion to people who make bad life choices? What if that’s not the best thing for them?

Lisa

Superstar
Has anyone even watched the video I posted? I think it has some good lessons in there.

Lisa

Superstar
Even if some of these people wanted to get off the street...lol, after he interviews some that say they don’t want help and that hand outs are plentiful. I say that’s the problem rather than housing right now. If he interviewed people that said, yes they wanted help but the housing..I think he’d have a case then.

Then there’s the out of town homeless man who says that the mental ones are hurting his begging...he doesn’t want help..he likes his life of homelessness. Obviously there is a huge problem with homelessness but it seems to be growing not dwindling with the ‘help’ we offer them.

justjess

Superstar
Even if some of these people wanted to get off the street...lol, after he interviews some that say they don’t want help and that hand outs are plentiful. I say that’s the problem rather than housing right now. If he interviewed people that said, yes they wanted help but the housing..I think he’d have a case then.

Then there’s the out of town homeless man who says that the mental ones are hurting his begging...he doesn’t want help..he likes his life of homelessness. Obviously there is a huge problem with homelessness but it seems to be growing not dwindling with the ‘help’ we offer them.
Have you ever read a psychology book? Taken even idk psych 101?