Homeless epidemic

Addiction happens for a varity of reasons. "Fault of character" is usually the least of them.

And the only reason cities make laws against homeless people camping in the side walks since it decreases property values... And human life is far more important some someone's property values going down. Since you know, people always should come before money.
People who are perfectly capable of working but choose to take drugs, abuse alcohol, and gain the welfare system should not come before people who are working hard, living responsibly, raising families, and paying taxes which SUPPORT the welfare crowd. Disabilities aside, homelessness is mostly the consequences of bad life choices. While they should not be devalued as human beings, there is ZERO reason for them to be placed on a pedestal above others.

If you own a home, I look forward to the opening of a tent city in your house/backyard in support of your views. Let us know how that goes. If you are not affected by having drugs, used needles, urine/feces, and medieval diseases at your doorstep, it's really easy to live in an ivory tower while condemning others.

People who are perfectly capable of working but choose to take drugs, abuse alcohol, and gain the welfare system should not come before people who are working hard, living responsibly, raising families, and paying taxes which SUPPORT the welfare crowd. Disabilities aside, homelessness is mostly the consequences of bad life choices. While they should not be devalued as human beings, there is ZERO reason for them to be placed on a pedestal above others.

If you own a home, I look forward to the opening of a tent city in your house/backyard in support of your views. Let us know how that goes. If you are not affected by having drugs, used needles, urine/feces, and medieval diseases at your doorstep, it's really easy to live in an ivory tower while condemning others.
Very well said!

How couldn’t addiction be fault of character? Just wondering...
Because you're a homeless kid, who ran away from an abusive situation, and feel into drugs because you came into the wrong crowd. Because you're a war veteran, suffering from PTSD, and it help takes the edge off when you have nothing to live for. Because you're mentally ill in the first place... Like about a third of all homeless people.

It hurts humans to have their property values go down too ya know? No one wants to make a loss on their investment, well the people who work and try to make it in this world don’t want to make a loss anyway...there’s nothing wrong with working and supporting yourself and your family...I’m fact that’s what people should be doing.
There's nothing wrong with with working to support yourself and your family... But there's not always enough jobs to go around, people can be out of work for a long time and unable to find employment, and if you have it this no guarantee that you'll earn enough to keep up with payments. It's almost like you've never actually had to worry if you're going to be able to keep the house.

And human life is always more important than property values. Always.

Human life is important that’s for sure but if you’ve already given up and are living like it...you’ve devalued human life and it’s not a good thing.
If you think most people want to live like they do... You're don't know what you're talking about and never actually spoken to a homeless person. But hey, why would you do that. Those people are gross, am I right?

War veterans should be devalues. Mentally ill people should be devalued. Homeless kids who ran away from abuse situations should be devalued. Wives who had their husbands run out on them leaving them with nothing should be devalued. Their children should be devalued. All those people are worthless, because they don't have the privileges you have.

I mean, that's a pretty fucked up way of looking at things. But hey, unlike Lisa, at least you ain't pretending to be a devout Christian.

I don't own a home and I'm pretty sure if I did, folks would freeze to death if they camped outside. I live in Michigan. :p

But I don't see how thinking a society, as a whole, should take care of it's people is all that messed up. There's a lot of things that could be done to help homeless people... But the love of money often any real progress.

War veterans should be devalues. Mentally ill people should be devalued. Homeless kids who ran away from abuse situations should be devalued. Wives who had their husbands run out on them leaving them with nothing should be devalued. Their children should be devalued. All those people are worthless, because they don't have the privileges you have.
Quoting my post above: "Disabilities aside, homelessness is mostly the consequences of bad life choices.". But do continue your virtue signalling rant while ignoring what I actually wrote.

There's nothing wrong with with working to support yourself and your family... But there's not always enough jobs to go around...
Here's my quote, which has nothing to do with people who are trying to work but cannot find jobs: "People who are perfectly capable of working but choose to take drugs, abuse alcohol, and gain the welfare system should not come before people who are working hard, living responsibly, raising families, and paying taxes which SUPPORT the welfare crowd."

Instead of addressing what is actually being said, you're arguing/lashing out against things that have not been said, which is what people do when they have no real response to the issue at hand.

I don't own a home and I'm pretty sure if I did, folks would freeze to death if they camped outside. I live in Michigan. :p
Well, good for you... you're insulated from all of that. As I said, it's really easy for you to sit in judgment when you're not the one at risk. You have absolutely no skin in the game, and show zero compassion for decent hard-working families having to live among the drugs, violence, crime, diseases, and human feces. What a complete hypocrite.

Because you're a homeless kid, who ran away from an abusive situation, and feel into drugs because you came into the wrong crowd. Because you're a war veteran, suffering from PTSD, and it help takes the edge off when you have nothing to live for. Because you're mentally ill in the first place... Like about a third of all homeless people.

There's nothing wrong with with working to support yourself and your family... But there's not always enough jobs to go around, people can be out of work for a long time and unable to find employment, and if you have it this no guarantee that you'll earn enough to keep up with payments. It's almost like you've never actually had to worry if you're going to be able to keep the house.

And human life is always more important than property values. Always.

If you think most people want to live like they do... You're don't know what you're talking about and never actually spoken to a homeless person. But hey, why would you do that. Those people are gross, am I right?

I mean, that's a pretty fucked up way of looking at things. But hey, unlike Lisa, at least you ain't pretending to be a devout Christian.

But I don't see how thinking a society, as a whole, should take care of it's people is all that messed up. There's a lot of things that could be done to help homeless people... But the love of money often any real progress.
So now homeless people are a third mentally ill? Is that after the half that you say are addicts? You are still giving excuses for homelessness and it’s never anyone’s fault...

Trump got the jobs going again...
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/unemployment-rate-falls-lowest-level-50-years/story?id=66058946

My hope is always in God...

The homeless should value their lives more then...

I’m not pretending to be a Christian.

I didn’t say poverty..I said homelessness. I’ve seen the homeless up close and personal.

I don’t believe I am indifferent, I just see that the way we handle the homeless now isn’t working and something different should be done for their sakes as well as to bring lawfulness back to our cities. What’s wrong with that?
Yes, herding the homeless like cattle doesn't help. It makes them feel worse, like they're unsightly and a blight and no one wants them around. I really hate that there's the clearing of the riverbeds but you don't hear anything like "the city has opened a new shelter". There's FAR more more cleanups of the homeless encampments, and no new places for these unfortunate souls to go to.
Also I don't hear of counseling services for FREE for those that are TRYING to get back on their feet.
I haven't heard of facilities that offer FREE showers and clothing for those people that WANT to land a job specially, but for everyone that needs a shower and clean clothes.
The city where I live has no shelter and it's a big city!!! But yes it does have plenty of abandoned buildings and lots that can easily accommodate some type of housing.

Addiction happens for a varity of reasons. "Fault of character" is usually the least of them.

And the only reason cities make laws against homeless people camping in the side walks since it decreases property values... And human life is far more important some someone's property values going down. Since you know, people always should come before money.
Great point Corvus Metus, in this society of lovelessness where $$$ comes before people this is the end result.

MOST if not ALL people that become drug addicts or alcoholics is because they're trying to numb the pain from YEARS of being raised with ABUSIVE, NEGLIGENT PARENTS that they themselves have personality disorders and mental illnesses and are TOTALLY UNFIT to have/raise children. That creates BROKEN, INSECURE people that are emotionally and psychologically handicapped who DON'T know how to deal with their emotional turmoils with other than "numbing agents". If you don't have compassion for an abused child then I don't know about you. That child MIGHT grow up to be a broken person in need of help to mend their broken souls. And of course being the evil world that it is, the first thing available to them is either drugs, or alcohol instead of counseling or a relationship with God.

Yes, herding the homeless like cattle doesn't help. It makes them feel worse, like they're unsightly and a blight and no one wants them around. I really hate that there's the clearing of the riverbeds but you don't hear anything like "the city has opened a new shelter". There's FAR more more cleanups of the homeless encampments, and no new places for these unfortunate souls to go to.
Also I don't hear of counseling services for FREE for those that are TRYING to get back on their feet.
I haven't heard of facilities that offer FREE showers and clothing for those people that WANT to land a job specially, but for everyone that needs a shower and clean clothes.
The city where I live has no shelter and it's a big city!!! But yes it does have plenty of abandoned buildings and lots that can easily accommodate some type of housing.
If you see videos of the homeless in different cities...they are unsightly and a blight. Why do we have to mollycoddle them? They made a mess of their lives for whatever reason and they are living less then human. Maybe it’s time to be brutally honest? The handouts don’t seem to help but enable them to continue in a bad situation.

What’s the free housing going to do? Except be condemned later on because it’s uninhabitable due to the filth and grime that will surely come. That’s how they live...they sure don’t keep the sidewalks clean...

What will counseling do do ya think?

Last edited:
If you see videos of the homeless in different cities...they are unsightly and a blight. Why do we have to mollycoddle them? They made a mess of their lives for whatever reason and they are living less then human. Maybe it’s time to be brutally honest? The handouts don’t seem to help but enable them to continue in a bad situation.

What’s the free housing going to do? Except be condemned later on because it’s uninhabitable due to the filth and grime that will surely come. That’s how they live...they sure don’t keep the sidewalks clean...

What will counseling do do ya think?
No one is coddling them, they're being pushed around, you're down you don't belong here. So well doesn't SOMEBODY have the moral responsibility to these poor people??? ANYBODY???
This life has unexpected events like the Bible says so. Let's differentiate between the ones that lost everything due to natural disasters, illnesses, disabilities, mental illness, loss of the breadwinner, mothers fleeing abusive SOs etc and THOSE who are broken and are blinded by pain and suffering, the vicious cycle that is hard to break. I know that when a person is depressed they don't care for personal hygiene and much the less the cleanliness of the surroundings. I personally don't like the trash/filth everywhere but it's the reflection of the state of mind of people.

It's a complex situation but yes either teaching them about God or counseling is a start.

No one is coddling them, they're being pushed around, you're down you don't belong here. So well doesn't SOMEBODY have the moral responsibility to these poor people??? ANYBODY???
This life has unexpected events like the Bible says so. Let's differentiate between the ones that lost everything due to natural disasters, illnesses, disabilities, mental illness, loss of the breadwinner, mothers fleeing abusive SOs etc and THOSE who are broken and are blinded by pain and suffering, the vicious cycle that is hard to break. I know that when a person is depressed they don't care for personal hygiene and much the less the cleanliness of the surroundings. I personally don't like the trash/filth everywhere but it's the reflection of the state of mind of people.

It's a complex situation but yes either teaching them about God or counseling is a start.
They have a moral responsibility to themselves, don’t ya think? If they fail themselves and won’t take responsibility for it, why do I or anyone else have to take responsibility for them?

We could just as well differentiate by people willing to own up the the responsibility that their bad decisions wrought..or the ones that have an excuse and blame everything and everyone..unfortunately I think the ones in the latter are more prevalent and therefore harder to help.

Is teaching them about God equal to counseling?