Homeless epidemic

And you support this? How is someone going to know if space is available? How will they get there? How will they afford a $1000 fine for not being able to get there even if the knew space was available?
I support following the laws, that’s why we have them. I’m interested to see how this plays out...I bet their homeless problem goes away and they go to cities that will let them live how they want...

What law is being broken just from being homeless?
There is no loitering in most cities. And you can’t sleep on the sidewalks. There are no free rides in life and the homeless are trying to make it so. It’s not a bad thing to work for a living...but it is bad for people to do drugs and be alcoholics.

I understand people really want to help those people but I don’t think it’s helpful to let them do what they want when it’s breaking the law and when it doesn’t help them become better, we are then just enabling them. it also breaks down society which we are seeing. Brings in more crime and disease..letting them live on the streets in their tents is not the solution to the problem. Giving drug addicts free needles is not the solution.

No, you support creating new laws to criminalize more people.
No I support the laws that say you can’t live on the sidewalk..maybe when they don’t have a free pass they will try to help themselves? We will have to wait and see how this Las Vegas thing pans out....if they can stick with it anyway.

No, I think most were always drug addicts/alcoholics.

I don’t think the homeless should be allowed to break the law because they are homeless, like I said it brings with it other worse problems like crime and disease.
Why do you think most were always addicts? You seem as though you'd sooner kick a homeless person off your doorstep than have a discussion with one so I'm not really sure as to how you'd come to this conclusion.

Why do you think most were always addicts? You seem as though you'd sooner kick a homeless person off your doorstep than have a discussion with one so I'm not really sure as to how you'd come to this conclusion.
You have to be pretty far down in addiction to become homeless.

What logic do you use to conclude that all or even most poverty is the result of addiction? What about the children born to homeless people? Without access to education or decent health care, What kind of quality of life are they supposed to have? It's called generational poverty and is almost impossible to escape. The bible charges us with helping the poor. Your indifference to the suffering of others is concerning.

There is no loitering in most cities. And you can’t sleep on the sidewalks. There are no free rides in life and the homeless are trying to make it so. It’s not a bad thing to work for a living...but it is bad for people to do drugs and be alcoholics.

I understand people really want to help those people but I don’t think it’s helpful to let them do what they want when it’s breaking the law and when it doesn’t help them become better, we are then just enabling them. it also breaks down society which we are seeing. Brings in more crime and disease..letting them live on the streets in their tents is not the solution to the problem. Giving drug addicts free needles is not the solution.
Loitering is for private places not public areas.

What logic do you use to conclude that all ot even most poverty is the result of addiction? What about the children born to homeless people? Without access to education or decent health care, What kind of quality of life are they supposed to have? It's called generational poverty and is almost impossible to escape. The bible charges us with helping the poor. Your indifference to the suffering of others is concerning.
I didn’t say poverty..I said homelessness. I’ve seen the homeless up close and personal.

I don’t believe I am indifferent, I just see that the way we handle the homeless now isn’t working and something different should be done for their sakes as well as to bring lawfulness back to our cities. What’s wrong with that?

Loitering is for private places not public areas.
You can’t sleep on a sidewalk anywhere lawfully and the homeless shouldn’t just get a pass because they are homeless, that’s helping in the breakdown of society where people can flaunt the laws.

About 25% of homeless people had a drug addiction. About 25% have an alcohol addiction. There's no accounting, in the numbers I've seen, for the overlap; people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol... but even if you ready the numbers individually... That means half the people who are homeless are homeless for reasons that have nothing to do with addiction... So you really need to stop thinking homelessness is a sign of addiction... And even if it was addiction is a sickness, not a fault of character.

You can’t sleep on a sidewalk anywhere lawfully and the homeless shouldn’t just get a pass because they are homeless, that’s helping in the breakdown of society where people can flaunt the laws.
If Christianity was made illegal, would you stop being Christian because the law told you that you can't? If society breaks down if you don't obey laws...

About 25% of homeless people had a drug addiction. About 25% have an alcohol addiction. There's no accounting, in the numbers I've seen, for the overlap; people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol... but even if you ready the numbers individually... That means half the people who are homeless are homeless for reasons that have nothing to do with addiction... So you really need to stop thinking homelessness is a sign of addiction... And even if it was addiction is a sickness, not a fault of character.

If Christianity was made illegal, would you stop being Christian because the law told you that you can't? If society breaks down if you don't obey laws...
That’s a strangely even number for the cause of homelessness...

Isn’t the start of addiction the fault of character?

Im not sure how making Christianity illegal correlates with not allowing the homeless to camp out on the sidewalk, honestly.

That’s a strangely even number for the cause of homelessness...

Isn’t the start of addiction the fault of character?

Im not sure how making Christianity illegal correlates with not allowing the homeless to camp out on the sidewalk, honestly.
Addiction happens for a varity of reasons. "Fault of character" is usually the least of them.

And the only reason cities make laws against homeless people camping in the side walks since it decreases property values... And human life is far more important some someone's property values going down. Since you know, people always should come before money.

Addiction happens for a varity of reasons. "Fault of character" is usually the least of them.

And the only reason cities make laws against homeless people camping in the side walks since it decreases property values... And human life is far more important some someone's property values going down. Since you know, people always should come before money.
How couldn’t addiction be fault of character? Just wondering...

It hurts humans to have their property values go down too ya know? No one wants to make a loss on their investment, well the people who work and try to make it in this world don’t want to make a loss anyway...there’s nothing wrong with working and supporting yourself and your family...I’m fact that’s what people should be doing.

Human life is important that’s for sure but if you’ve already given up and are living like it...you’ve devalued human life and it’s not a good thing.