Home Remedies

Tidal

Star
Do you have any good home remedies that you have used to share?
Well I had an underactive thyroid for several years which made me feel cold and sluggish; the doctor ran tests and said it was only "borderline underactive" and wouldn't prescribe meds, so i had to go on feeling like a cold-blooded reptile longing for summer when I could bask on warm rocks along the seafront.
Then I accidentally picked up a tin of grapefruit slices from the grocers (I mistakenly thought I was buying pineapple slices) but ate them bit by bit over the next week or two despite their bitter taste, and I don't know if it was coincidence but my thyroid began improving.
So I kept buying grapefruit slices for the next few months and my thyroid eventually got back to normal.
Maybe someting in grapefruit is good for wonky thyroids?

Also I read somewhere that our thyroids don't like fluoride, so I switched to fluoride-free toothpaste and maybe that helped too..:)

Tidal

Star
As regards Covid-19, I happened to see this news item last year about mouthwash-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so I went out and bought some bottles of it that contained the Covid-zapping CPC ingredient to gargle with (below right).
I also got an old spray bottle (left), rinsed it out and filled it with mouthwash so I can spray it on kitchen work surfaces etc.
Note- the only downside is that when it dries on surfaces, it leaves an oily residue which has to be wiped off.

This is a good thread!
Here's mine:
- If i feel a sore throat coming on I have a spoonful of Manuka honey, sometimes with some lemon

- a pineapple core makes a great face exfoliator. Afterwards ive also used a half of lemon with honey on it (just regular crystallized raw honey, its cheaper than Manuka) to rub on my face, leave on for a 10 minutes and wash off as a facial treatment of sorts. I dont really have time for that since ive had kids but i remember it did leave my skin looking nice afterwards.

- homemade deodorant with coconut oil and equal parts baking soda and arrowroot starch, optional add essential oil

-coconut oil as diaper rash creme for my kids

-couple drops of vodka on a qtip applied topically for a toothache

- i made homemade shampoo once by combining peeled aloe leaves, several peeled lemons, and mint leaves in a food processor. I found that recipe in a forum. In a way it works, and your hair smells nice, but then you have to pick all the lemon pulp residue out of your hair lol. Now i just use unscented castille liquid soap.

- i bought dried arnica leaves and left them in a glass jar of coconut oil in the sun for a few days and made a good sore muscle relieving ointment.

- homemade lotion by mixing pure shea butter with grapeseed oil and a few drops of essential oil

- ok this next one is super tmi so i almost dont wanna post but maybe it could help someone? I also think that its important to check whats going on dietwise thats making this happen because i dont have this issue anymore since i started eating healthy

for yeast infections, a clove of garlic shoved up there will cure it. Wrap it in a cheesecloth so it doesnt get lost. Works better than all the over the counter creams

Hmm peppermint oil, depending on how well it's concentrated, can work well with more surface pains in muscles and such. Headaches, too. The cooling effect helps with inflammation.
Also, I sniff lavender oil to help alleviate anxiety. It isn't a perfect cure, but it does help.

polymoog

Superstar
Anything you guys would recommend for acid reflux/naseau?
for long term solution: find out the food and eliminate it. for me, it was wheat (pasta, especially). tomatos, caffeine, and black pepper also trigger it for me. ive been fine for years now.

short term: glass of water with 2 tsp of baking soda will do it. activated charcoal in water also will solve it. some say that eating some almonds each day will help, but i have no first hand experience with that.

sometimes the cause is that your stomach isnt producing enough acid. taking those zantac pills worsened my situation.

if its nausea, go right for the activated charcoal. the more the better! its the only thing that can neutralize a stomach bug. being nauseous is horrible-- sorry to hear that.

TrustNo1

Established
After much suffering and research, it seems like a liver cleanse is much needed for solving acid reflux/gerd.

polymoog

Superstar
Have any of you done a parasite cleanse? Curious to see how it went for you guys.
did a few fasts and a liver (gall bladder?) flush (the olive oil/garlic one).
i had nothing-- my gf had a lot of soft stones flush out. some say that the soft stones are just a reaction with all of the olive oil-- do your own research on it.

parasite cleanse-- the one with turpentine from dr jennifer daniels` recipe? i have the stuff, but never got around to it.

TrustNo1

Established
did a few fasts and a liver (gall bladder?) flush (the olive oil/garlic one).
i had nothing-- my gf had a lot of soft stones flush out. some say that the soft stones are just a reaction with all of the olive oil-- do your own research on it.

parasite cleanse-- the one with turpentine from dr jennifer daniels` recipe? i have the stuff, but never got around to it.
Do the stones actually hurt when they come out?

As for the parasite cleanses, I only know about ppl taking tinctures made of wormwood, black walnut, cloves etc…
It’s pretty powerful

polymoog

Superstar
Do the stones actually hurt when they come out?

As for the parasite cleanses, I only know about ppl taking tinctures made of wormwood, black walnut, cloves etc…
It’s pretty powerful
no, the stones passing didnt hurt much-- theyre soft. i recall her saying there was some discomfort as they passed through the gall bladder, though, but nothing like she was doubled over in pain.

unfortunately, i have no personal experience with any of the parasite cleanses you listed. ivermectin also would work.

redqueen

Superstar
haven't tried this so can't confirm
it is what it says it is in title

no matter what it's a Good source
for vitamin C at least

redqueen

Superstar
the peppermint and aloe vera work Good for
what it says it does
I've used both for a few of the issues listed

I've never tried the rest so will have to and See