Hocus Pocus - Adrenochrome??

Yeah, I can really see this. The fact that they want to eat kids should be enough to turn people off of this movie. When I watched it back in about 2015, I got this horrible feeling afterward. It's definitely not a friendly one!

minnie82

Superstar
I am surprised that VC hasn't covered this movie. This movie is obviously about child abuse/adrenochrome. What are your thoughts?? I don't think its this simple Halloween movie that hollywood tries to make us believe.
i saw the movie but as a kid, so i wasn't aware of those things

PrincessPunch

Veteran
when i was walking around my local grocery store i saw a spell book for that movie being sold. amazon link for it is below but just check the comment section. there's moms buying this for their 7 year old child

Dreamymoon

Established
when i was walking around my local grocery store i saw a spell book for that movie being sold. amazon link for it is below but just check the comment section. there's moms buying this for their 7 year old child

also..aren’t the witches evil because the Witches EAT CHILDREN don’t they? So they are basically glorying the villains here?? “Here’s a spell book the children eating characters use, just for your children!”

Dreamymoon

Established
Reminds me of the maleficent horns. She wasn’t evil but still.. horns for your kids! Satanism for your children
B13FBC07-2471-42A7-9811-3911FD89F20A.jpeg

Dreamymoon

Established
I thought she was evil?
In the live action she was a fairy who was good but she fell in love and the guy betrayed her and so she become evil for a while seeking revenge on the kingdom.…but then she developed love for Aurora. She kisses her and she breaks the curse on her. I watched it. The villains are actually Aurora’s parents and Maleficent’s first love

In the live action she was a fairy who was good but she fell in love and the guy betrayed her and so she become evil for a while seeking revenge on the kingdom.…but then she developed love for Aurora. She kisses her and she breaks the curse on her. I watched it. The villains are actually Aurora’s parents and Maleficent’s first love
She was evil. But these movies try to present the "well...there's a reason she's evil now...". Yeah ok. In life there are ALWAYS reasons. But evil is evil. Good is good. And we all have WILLS and God teaches us to NOT do evil. Because in life, there will ALWAYS be reasons to choose the dark side...we ALL suffer. But the point is - we should NOT choose the dark side.

But these movies try to soften everything so that kids get confused, misled...and eventually end up choosing the dark side. Many probably do so unwittingly - or they rationalize it. After watching a movie like Maleficent, who's portrayed sympathetically...they tell themselves "oh well I can't be that bad...I have my reasons."

Guess what. Dahmer had reasons. Ted Bundy had reasons. John Wayne Gacy had reasons.

But back to the topic at hand:

I saw someone in the Amazon reviews wrote this as well:

"It’s very cool and contains many spells and stories and even has spells and magical artifacts from other Disney movies such as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Snow White, but it doesn’t have any of the basic spells from Hocus Pocus (the Life Potion, the Black Cat Spell etc)."

So do we know - did those movies promote magic and the occult as well? Boy we are seeped in it these days, eh? VC did a great article recently on that Little Demon show too. Unbelievable how it's so in our faces these days. No wonder times are so dark....

She was evil. But these movies try to present the "well...there's a reason she's evil now...". Yeah ok. In life there are ALWAYS reasons. But evil is evil. Good is good. And we all have WILLS and God teaches us to NOT do evil. Because in life, there will ALWAYS be reasons to choose the dark side...we ALL suffer. But the point is - we should NOT choose the dark side.

But these movies try to soften everything so that kids get confused, misled...and eventually end up choosing the dark side. Many probably do so unwittingly - or they rationalize it. After watching a movie like Maleficent, who's portrayed sympathetically...they tell themselves "oh well I can't be that bad...I have my reasons."

Guess what. Dahmer had reasons. Ted Bundy had reasons. John Wayne Gacy had reasons.

But back to the topic at hand:

I saw someone in the Amazon reviews wrote this as well:

"It’s very cool and contains many spells and stories and even has spells and magical artifacts from other Disney movies such as The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Snow White, but it doesn’t have any of the basic spells from Hocus Pocus (the Life Potion, the Black Cat Spell etc)."

So do we know - did those movies promote magic and the occult as well? Boy we are seeped in it these days, eh? VC did a great article recently on that Little Demon show too. Unbelievable how it's so in our faces these days. No wonder times are so dark....
I just want to add - usually these evil characters are attractive too. That makes them more likeable. It's just human nature to be drawn to attractive things...so when evil people are wrapped in a beautiful package, they become more beguiling. Imagine if Maleficent was this hideous old hag.... no one would watch it. No kids would be interested in it. No women would be cosplaying her character.

Oh, and I also wanted to say when I say she was evil I mean that character was ALWAYS evil. In Sleeping Beauty she was definitely evil - that was obvious. But there is definitely this trend in Hollywood to take the evil characters and spin it - give us new movies about them. Rewrite them so that again, the evil characters are sympathetic, in order to confuse and corrupt innocent children who watch these movies.

Dreamymoon

Established
I just want to add - usually these evil characters are attractive too. That makes them more likeable. It's just human nature to be drawn to attractive things...so when evil people are wrapped in a beautiful package, they become more beguiling. Imagine if Maleficent was this hideous old hag.... no one would watch it. No kids would be interested in it. No women would be cosplaying her character.

Oh, and I also wanted to say when I say she was evil I mean that character was ALWAYS evil. In Sleeping Beauty she was definitely evil - that was obvious. But there is definitely this trend in Hollywood to take the evil characters and spin it - give us new movies about them. Rewrite them so that again, the evil characters are sympathetic, in order to confuse and corrupt innocent children who watch these movies.
Yes they do make villains good. Popular tv show Once Upon a Time did it too.