High watch times

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have often heard the phrase from Matthew 24:36 used in conjunction with the return of the Lord:-

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."​

Jesus infers to the Church of Sardis in Revelation 3 that he will come upon them as a thief in the night...

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you."​

On the other hand, there is an element of ambiguity as 1 Thessalonians 5 seems to suggest there may be believers who are not overtaken as a thief...

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.b7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him."​

The Gospels record records of some who were expecting the first advent of Jesus. Simeon and Anna perhaps didn't know exactly when He would arrive but they had an idea on it. Maybe they were aware of the prophecy of Daniels 70 weeks? For me, and others, this is where the concept of "high watch times" comes in...

YouTube is full of speculation on possible dates based on patterns people have spotted which may have significance. Some sounds crazy, other are very thoughtful. It's easy to make fun of them but I'm sure the folk who looked for the coming Messiah the first time had a similar reaction.

The feasts of the Lord pattern the key interactions with Jesus in world history.

Every year the "Fall Feasts" pattern future events that will one day come on some as a thief in the night, and to others as their hearts desire. This year the "Feast of Trumpets" falls on Sept 10th/11th* (Depending on whether the calendar is a month out, this puts the fall feasts a month ahead.) These are "high watch times" but not to be confused with over-confident date-setting predictions.

For years, well meaning Christians have taken possibilities and turned them into confident but incorrect predictions. So much mocking has followed. The way I have come to think about it is that if you were to be waiting at a station for a train coming in a long, deep valley, you would hear echoes long before the train itself arrived.

Of course, those who reject the "blessed hope" will pour scorn and contempt on such "logic" but Jesus never promised that following Him would make you particularly popular!

Perhaps those who have been watching for that train for a while will take my meaning.

I thought it might be worth having a thread where these "high watch times" could be acknowledged without pretending to be predictions or claims. It might raise a few eyebrows but who knows, one day this might be the most explosive thread here!

Last edited:
I have often heard the phrase from Matthew 24:36 used in conjunction with the return of the Lord:-

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."
Jesus infers to the Church of Sardis in Revelation 3 that he will come upon them as a thief in the night...

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you."
On the other hand, there is an element of ambiguity as 1 Thessalonians 5 seems to suggest there may be believers who are not overtaken as a thief...

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. 5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.b7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. 9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him."
One refers to the return of the Lord in Judgement some time near the end of the tribulation. The other is to the Church at the rapture when He comes for His Church...In either case, the point is, Christ is warning those who believe their works will gain them entrance. And those who believe in works are like those who are in the Government, they are to important to be judged. (The Ten Virgins)

TokiEl

Superstar
God's wrath begins at the breaking of the sixth seal. And it seems to coincide with the GogMagog war against Israel. And at that time 144 000 servants of God from all the tribes of Israel will be marked or sealed on their foreheads. We know from Ezekiel 9 that they sigh and groan over all the abominations going on in the world.

This could be the rapture event as they are seen in Rev 14 with Jesus Christ.

Todd

Star
For 2000 years Christians have been looking at signs and scripture and trying to predict or say the 2nd coming was at hand. I have a suspicion that when the time is really at hand that true Christians who know the voice of God will know something is about to happen. The sheep know the voice of the shepherd. When the time is at hand we won't need any scholars or end times teachers to tell us....we will all have an "inner witmess" that something big is about to happen.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
For 2000 years Christians have been looking at signs and scripture and trying to predict or say the 2nd coming was at hand. I have a suspicion that when the time is really at hand that true Christians who know the voice of God will know something is about to happen. The sheep know the voice of the shepherd. When the time is at hand we won't need any scholars or end times teachers to tell us....we will all have an "inner witmess" that something big is about to happen.
I couldn't agree more.

I suspect many of our Laodacean brothers and sisters are hitting snooze on their spiritual alarm clocks though ;-)

Last edited:

Vytas

Star
If you will not watch I will come to you as a thief in the night and you will knot know day or our...
Removing negative
If you watch I will not come to you as a chief and you will know day and hour

TokiEl

Superstar
When they say peace and safety...

When the world says peace and safety... everything is alright... then sudden destruction.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A very good outline that sets out reasons why the Bible is best understood as teaching a pre-tribulation Rapture:-

When they say peace and safety...

When the world says peace and safety... everything is alright... then sudden destruction.
It is when Israel Says peace and Safety...Not the world, for it will be most of the world who will turn on Israel when they think they are safe. This will be near the end of the tribulation, and 2/3rds. of Israelis will be killed (1 Thess. 5:1-9 with 2 Thess. 2:1-12 with Rev. 19:17-21)

TokiEl

Superstar
It is when Israel Says peace and Safety...Not the world, for it will be most of the world who will turn on Israel when they think they are safe. This will be near the end of the tribulation, and 2/3rds. of Israelis will be killed (1 Thess. 5:1-9 with 2 Thess. 2:1-12 with Rev. 19:17-21)
Do you think that God would cause to slaughter and scatter the Jews for 2000 years before sacrificing six million of them just before returning them to their land... for so to destroy 2/3 of them again ?

You are just assuming that it is Israel which will say peace and safety... as a seven year peace treaty with Israel is just a huge assumption.

Jacob's trouble was probably the Holocaust... and so is history.

According to my knowledge and understanding Daniel's 70th and last week already began on September 23 2015 the Day of Atonement.

Do you think that God would cause to slaughter and scatter the Jews for 2000 years before sacrificing six million of them just before returning them to their land... for so to destroy 2/3 of them again ?

You are just assuming that it is Israel which will say peace and safety... as a seven year peace treaty with Israel is just a huge assumption.

Jacob's trouble was probably the Holocaust... and so is history.

According to my knowledge and understanding Daniel's 70th and last week already began on September 23 2015 the Day of Atonement.
You will never understand it with your own carnal reasoning....everything is in Scripture.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
05DC2E69-F5D6-4A03-9D4C-E42C6A8D19DB.jpeg

Possible prophetic significance of the Feast of Pentecost

...In studying the Feast of Pentecost, one of God’s Appointed Times (Mo’ed), it is becoming increasingly clear to me that this feast ties together so many loose ends for the church. What has started out as a single post is evolving into a series, through which I hope to bring you along on a fascinating journey of discovery! Pentecost – perhaps our “highest watch date”! This journey is still under construction, but with less than three days to go to Pentecost 2019, I thought I would share what I have so far with you...

https://www.unsealed.org/2019/06/pentecost-feast-that-ties-everything.html?m=1

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/the-feast-of-harvest.149159/

Last edited:
View attachment 22863

Possible prophetic significance of the Feast of Pentecost

...In studying the Feast of Pentecost, one of God’s Appointed Times (Mo’ed), it is becoming increasingly clear to me that this feast ties together so many loose ends for the church. What has started out as a single post is evolving into a series, through which I hope to bring you along on a fascinating journey of discovery! Pentecost – perhaps our “highest watch date”! This journey is still under construction, but with less than three days to go to Pentecost 2019, I thought I would share what I have so far with you...

https://www.unsealed.org/2019/06/pentecost-feast-that-ties-everything.html?m=1
Good Study.