High Strangeness

Bent8484

Established
Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have a high strangeness section? It would be a pretty wide umbrella label for many types of conspiracy topics, I think. I know VC's main focus is media and secret societies, but I've recently come to the conclusion that these two subject areas are related (after rethinking some past ideas by Vallee, Hoagland, and Keel in light of recent discoveries and public revelations), but I don't really know where these types of threads would belong on VC forums. Because of the thelemic elements, I could put them in the religion section, but that might not be the right audience for a discussion of the UFO phenomenon in relation to occult groups, for example.

What do you think?

Bent8484

Established
I'm thinking classic conspiracy stuff: UFOs, cryptids, supernatural experiences, and such.

The same secret societies behind media indoctrination are the ones that want to control (and possibly even use) the UFO phenomenon, so there's definitely overlap.

polymoog

Superstar
I'm thinking classic conspiracy stuff: UFOs, cryptids, supernatural experiences, and such.
as long as i have been here, there has been no thread on the different alien races (sgt stone(?) material, etc.). ghosts, yes-- theres a thread on that. there are a few threads already on UFOs, but theyre not too in depth and dont go into the USO phenomenon or anything else.

maybe your thread should focus on alien/space strangeness. a separate thread could cover cryptids/cryptozoology/paulides missing 411 stuff (which could be associated with that), chupacabra, little people, etc.

Bent8484

Established
Oh, I'm suggesting that all of those are valid thread ideas, which just need a forum section.

(And that's assuming we know anything about *them*. As much as I like Vallee, I think he got suckered by Stone, and more recently TTSA, into participating in the very thing that he denounces in Messengers of Deception. See, that's a thread right there.)

Bent8484

Established
Also, with ATS closing soon, a lot of people are going to be looking for a place to discuss these things, as I did. Making a place for it on the forums would be a crucial step in welcoming some of these people here, which I'm sure would be nice for VC's ad revenue.

Cintra

Star
Also, with ATS closing soon, a lot of people are going to be looking for a place to discuss these things, as I did. Making a place for it on the forums would be a crucial step in welcoming some of these people here, which I'm sure would be nice for VC's ad revenue.
Is that happening?
Last I heard they were hoping to save it in some way. but that was ages ago.

And yes!!! Lets have some threads about actual conspiracies, instead of all this religious bickering.

Bent8484

Established
Is that happening?
Last I heard they were hoping to save it in some way. but that was ages ago.

And yes!!! Lets have some threads about actual conspiracies, instead of all this religious bickering.
I was part of the attempt to save it. I signed an NDA so I can't discuss it much, but I can say that I'm no longer involved, and I don't think it continued for very long after I left.

This is my opinion only: I think Bill values the older content a lot, but that he doesn't want to deal with the toxic politics anymore. He hasn't said anything to that effect, but I think there were hints of it. (And it was no longer profitable...he's keeping it online as long as he can, but it's bleeding money.)

Cintra

Star
I was part of the attempt to save it. I signed an NDA so I can't discuss it much, but I can say that I'm no longer involved, and I don't think it continued for very long after I left.

This is my opinion only: I think Bill values the older content a lot, but that he doesn't want to deal with the toxic politics anymore. He hasn't said anything to that effect, but I think there were hints of it. (And it was no longer profitable...he's keeping it online as long as he can, but it's bleeding money.)
That will be a huge loss to us all, and a victory for the machine.
Very sad.

I had one of the most interesting times of my online life because of ATS.

Bent8484

Established
That will be a huge loss to us all, and a victory for the machine.
Very sad.

I had one of the most interesting times of my online life because of ATS.
Oh. Were you among the lucky few that were sent a UFO by Astr0? That whole chapter was fascinating, and I still don't know what to make of it...

Bent8484

Established
However, now you mention it, I was never sent a UFO. I want one.
I feel excluded.

Imaginary sad cat etc...
Yeah. Considering it was a TR-3B, and I suspect they were looking for recruits, I don't regret not being involved directly. I'm too Canadian to join the US Navy...

elsbet

Superstar
Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have a high strangeness section? It would be a pretty wide umbrella label for many types of conspiracy topics, I think. I know VC's main focus is media and secret societies, but I've recently come to the conclusion that these two subject areas are related (after rethinking some past ideas by Vallee, Hoagland, and Keel in light of recent discoveries and public revelations), but I don't really know where these types of threads would belong on VC forums. Because of the thelemic elements, I could put them in the religion section, but that might not be the right audience for a discussion of the UFO phenomenon in relation to occult groups, for example.

What do you think?
Should be the right audience, though. They are intertwined, and part of the Story. But everyone has different opinions on 'entities' and their nature-- so it may warrant its own forum.

Either way, and by all means.. bring it to the forum.

Bent8484

Established
Should be the right audience, though. They are intertwined, and part of the Story. But everyone has different opinions on 'entities' and their nature-- so it may warrant its own forum.

Either way, and by all means.. bring it to the forum.
I messaged VC to bring this post to his attention, but I didn't get a response, so I guess the way to go would be if you guys would also contact him to express interest, so he knows it's not just some newbie member like me.