Help with some 'basics'

RUSirius

With all sincerity, and having read much already, I'd like blunt opinions on the following:

A) Who are "the elite?" Who decides who gets to be one?
B) How does the recruitment actually work for those brought into the fold? (Artists, entertainers, writers, etc.)
C) What are their ultimate goals?

From my understanding, "the elite" are the wealthy and powerful, made that way through years of secrecy and reinforcement in ways both subtle and brutal. Their goals, it would seem, would primarily be the preservation of their power and wealth, although others assign a religious connotation to this, as well. This includes everything from the birthing and worship of the alleged Antichrist to the promulgation of faiths now considered deposed (classical paganism, etc.).

How exactly they recruit and why they pick certain individuals is what's really sort of unknown to me. I have a picture in my head of some smart-suited sort coming up to Starving Artist X and saying: "Please allow me to introduce myself," while producing a business card apparently from thin air accompanied by a puff of smoke.

But it's probably more subtle than that.

Have on,

R-U-S

rainerann

Star
Those are difficult questions to answer definitively because I am not a member of the elite. It would be much easier to ask why you picked the screen name RUsirius. Why did you spell Sirius instead of serious and why do you abbreviate this to spell r-u-s if this isn’t your screen name? Double meaning?

It is much easier to answer questions when there is more focus. Maybe try to narrow your focus down a bit.

Thunderian

Superstar
The ultimate goal of the elite is the global implementation of the antichrist system. The elite are gathering power now to give to the antichrist. They are building a political, commercial and cultural empire to hand to him when he appears.

The cultural side of the antichrist system is evidence that this is a spiritual battle. The antichrist will want all things dedicated to himself, and along with the money and the power, he will want adulation, worship, and even celebration. The antichrist's system is a holistic system, with every eye on him.

The elite are then obviously people with wealth and power who have a spiritual allegiance to Satan.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
The ultimate goal of the elite is the global implementation of the antichrist system. The elite are gathering power now to give to the antichrist. They are building a political, commercial and cultural empire to hand to him when he appears.

The cultural side of the antichrist system is evidence that this is a spiritual battle. The antichrist will want all things dedicated to himself, and along with the money and the power, he will want adulation, worship, and even celebration. The antichrist's system is a holistic system, with every eye on him.

The elite are then obviously people with wealth and power who have a spiritual allegiance to Satan.
Yup - that is more or less it!

RUSirius

Of course it's a double-meaning. But mostly I was a Robert Anton Wilson fan back in the day. Sirius is often mentioned in conspiracy, or used to be. And Bob used to believe he talked to folks who lived there. Bob's dead now, and I presume he knows more than he did. He tended more toward atheism at the end of his life, a place I can't personally go.

I chose it because I thought it was funny. Easiest answer. :)

RUSirius

Fine. Let's assume this is true. My questions still stand: Who decides who's in the club? How do they approach them? I've heard plenty about MKULTRA and such, but surely that can't be it for everyone. How does someone approach someone and rationally explain to them that they'll be given success in life in exchange for servitude to the anti-God? Is it like the proverbial boiling a frog -- turning up the water a bit at a time until they're cooked? Or is it more overt than that in some cases? "Want to succeed? Sign here, bucko."

There are of course apocryphal tales of deals with devils. And I know there are some very strange things in the world.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
@RUSirius

I think in the land of satanic transformations, MK Ultra is a kind of parody on Moses with the Burning Bush in the desert. He had reached a point where he had given up on himself and had an encounter that transformed him. The encounter was transformative due to the greatness of the presence Moses encountered, and God Himself initiated him into His plans.

MK Ultra, for all its capacity for mind control does it by pain, not glory, leading the individual to be controlled and manipulated by pain, not led and inspired by love and awe.

How widespread and what form MK initiations are is really anyone's guess, but I doubt anyone gets into the "inner circle" without crossing a point where you go against your moral standards and deliberately choose evil instead.

C.S Lewis wrote about such an initiation in "That Hideous Strength", despite it being a reasonable chunk of prose, it was so well written it deserves a moment of your time...

"Meanwhile, in the Objective Room, something like a crisis had developed. As soon as they arrived there Mark saw that the table had been drawn back. On the floor lay a crucifix, almost life-size, a work in the Spanish tradition, ghastly and realistic. "We have half an hour to pursue our exercises," said Frost. Then he instructed Mark to trample on it and insult it in other ways.

Now, whereas Jane had abandoned Christianity in early childhood, along with fairies and Santa Claus, Mark had never believed it at all. At this moment, therefore, it crossed his mind for the first time that there might conceivably be something in it. Frost, who was watching him carefully, knew perfectly well that this might be the result of the present experiment. But he had no choice. Whether he wished it or not, this sort of thing was part of the initiation.

"But, look here," said Mark.

"What is it?" said Frost. "Pray be quick."

"This," said Mark, " this is all surely a pure superstition."

"Well?"

"Well, if so, what is there objective about stamping on the face? Isn't it just as subjective to spit on a thing like this as to worship it?"

"That is superficial. If you had been brought up in a non-Christian society, you would not be asked to do this. Of course it is a superstition: but it is that particular superstition which has pressed upon our society for many centuries. It can be experimentally shown that it still forms a dominant system in the subconscious of many whose conscious thought appears to be wholly liberated. An explicit action in the reverse direction is therefore a necessary step towards complete objectivity. We find in practice that it cannot be dispensed with."

Mark was surprised at the emotions he was undergoing. He did not regard the image with anything like a religious feeling. Most emphatically it did not belong to that idea of the Straight or Normal which had, for the last few days, been his support. The horrible vigour of its realism was, indeed, as remote from that Idea as anything else in the room. That was one source of his reluctance. To insult even a carved image of such agony seemed abominable. But it was not the only source. With the introduction of this Christian symbol the whole situation had altered, and become incalculable. His simple antithesis of the Normal and the Diseased had obviously failed to take something into account. Why was the crucifix there? Why were more than half the poison-pictures religious?"Pray make haste," said Frost. He was on the verge of obeying and getting the whole silly business over, when the defencelessness of the figure deterred him. Not because its hands were nailed and helpless, but because they were only made of wood and therefore even more helpless, because the thing, for all its realism, was inanimate and could not in any way hit back, he paused. The unretaliating face of a doll-one of Myrtle's dolls-which he had pulled to pieces in boyhood had affected him in the same way.

"What are you waiting for, Mr. Studdock?" said Frost. Mark was aware of rising danger. Obviously, if he disobeyed, his last chance of getting out of Belbury alive might be gone. Even of getting out of this room. He was himself, he felt, as helpless as the wooden Christ. As he thought this, he found himself looking at the crucifix in a new way -neither as a piece of wood nor a monument of superstition but as a bit of history. Christianity was nonsense, but one did not doubt that the man had lived and had been executed thus by the Belbury of those days. And that, as he suddenly saw, explained why this image, though not itself an image of the Straight or Normal, was yet in opposition to crooked Belbury. It was a picture of what happened when the Crooked met the Straight-what would happen to him if he remained straight. It was, in a more emphatic sense than he had understood, a cross.

"Do you intend to go on with the training or not?" said Frost. His eye was on the time. He knew that Jules must have very nearly reached Belbury, and that he might be interrupted at any moment. He had chosen this time for this stage in Mark's initiation partly in obedience to an unexplained impulse (such impulses grew more frequent with him every day), but partly because he wished, in the uncertain situation which had now arisen, to secure Mark at once. He and Wither and possibly (by now) Straik were the only full initiates in the N.I.C.E. On them lay the danger of making any false step in dealing with the man who claimed to be Merlin and with his mysterious interpreter. For him who took the right steps there was a chance of ousting all the others. He knew that Wither was waiting eagerly for any slip on his own part. Hence it seemed to him of the utmost importance to bring Mark as soon as possible beyond that point after which there is no return, and the disciple's allegiance both to the macrobes and to the teacher who has initiated him becomes a matter of psychological necessity.

"Do you not hear what I am saying?" he asked. Mark was thinking, and thinking hard. Christianity was a fable. It would be ridiculous to die for a religion one did not believe. This Man himself, on that very cross, had discovered it to be a fable, and had died complaining that the God in whom he trusted had forsaken him-had, in fact, found the universe a cheat. But this raised a question that Mark had never thought of before. Was that the moment at which to turn against the Man? If the universe was a cheat, was that a good reason for joining its side? Supposing the Straight was utterly powerless, always and everywhere certain to be mocked, tortured, and finally killed by the Crooked, what then? Why not go down with the ship? He began to be frightened by the very fact that his fears seemed to have vanished. They had been a safeguard . . . they had prevented him, all his life, from making mad decisions like that which he was now making as he turned to Frost and said, "It's all bloody nonsense, and I'm damned if I do any such thing."