Hawaii missile alert - real error or a test for this year?

Thunderian

Superstar
I heard someone yesterday reporting that this was a deep state attempt to get Trump to retaliate. Apparently, the military command requested permission from the White House to respond and were denied. None of this is verifiable but it's interesting to think about.

SkepticCat

Veteran
I heard someone yesterday reporting that this was a deep state attempt to get Trump to retaliate. Apparently, the military command requested permission from the White House to respond and were denied. None of this is verifiable but it's interesting to think about.
Trump is working to dismantle the deep state? Is this why all the media outlets attack him?

Come on, T. The single best life insurance policy Trump could make would be to openly expose the deep state. He has done nothing of the sort; it is blatantly obvious he is working with them. 99% of Americans have no idea yet they're governed by Masons; imagine what would happen if Trump laid it all out in the open. According to your logic, he is playing with the lives of hundreds of millions of US citizens (not to mention billions in the rest of the world) just to save his own skin - and in a foolish way, at that.

DesertRose

Superstar
"I have a hard time believing that someone pushed the wrong button"
Totally agree.
Trump said it is a 'state thing" and someone pointed out that it is actually a federal issue. The White House should have immediately told people that it was a mistake instead of letting them panic for a while.
upload_2018-1-16_8-34-1.jpeg

Damien50

Star
Totally agree.
Trump said it is a 'state thing" and someone pointed out that it is actually a federal issue. The White House should have immediately told people that it was a mistake instead of letting them panic for a while.
View attachment 3033
It reminds me of an operation that occurred in south America where they constantly flew helicopters and performed military drills until one day it wasn't a drill but everyone had already acclimated and the government hadn't prepared to be overthrown.

DesertRose

Superstar
Emergency warnings are a state thing.
“The president has been briefed on the state of Hawaii’s emergency management exercise. This was purely a state exercise,” Walters said.

While there is no protocol that applies directly to such a mistake, past presidents have often weighed in to reassure the public at times of stress or threat.

The situation in Hawaii was made worse by the 38-minute gap between the initial alert and a follow-up message stating that the missile warning was a mistake.

Wireless emergency alerts are dispatched during critical situations — to warn the public of dangerous weather, missing children and security threats — and are a partnership of the FCC, Federal Emergency Management Agency and the wireless industry. Responsibility for sending those messages typically falls to emergency management officials."

source:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/as-panic-subsides-trump-officials-call-hawaii-missile-scare-a-state-issue/2018/01/14/17fb1eaa-f946-11e7-a46b-a3614530bd87_story.html?utm_term=.8ca99a3cff8b

Thunderian

Superstar
I don't see how there was time for the White House to figure out what was actually taking place and issuing a statement. They did the right thing by not retaliating blindly in the first place. It's very possible that once they were informed it was a false alarm, they assumed the state could deal with any fallout.

Victoria

Rookie
I find it weird that it took them 38 minutes to correct the mistake. I find it even weirder that such an important and critical alert would be able to be released with a single button press (when I make alert messages for my clients there are at least 3 steps to turn them on, including entering a password.) You don't want to be sending the wrong messages.

This is odd to me. And then it was followed-up a few days later with a false alert in Japan?

Damien50

Star
I find it weird that it took them 38 minutes to correct the mistake. I find it even weirder that such an important and critical alert would be able to be released with a single button press (when I make alert messages for my clients there are at least 3 steps to turn them on, including entering a password.) You don't want to be sending the wrong messages.

This is odd to me. And then it was followed-up a few days later with a false alert in Japan?
Predictive programming perhaps?

Helioform

Star

Yeah and the alert was seen on TV screens as well. I really don't believe all that alert system is automated by pressing a single button. The 38 minutes delay was explained by a "shift change" but really now...

Lisa

Superstar

Good point.

SkepticCat

Veteran
The chances of a such false missile warning being broadcasted by mistake are incredibly small, but the chances of it happening and Japan then doing the same as infinitely small. An employee 'pushed the wrong button'? About an incoming ICBM? And then a second false alarm? It does not happen. They are doing this by design. Happening at the same time the Pope 'feels nuclear war is imminent'.

Moreover, who would be threatening the US? And then, subsequently, Japan, a close US ally? Any nation - and certainly an atomic upstart like North Korea - knows nuking a US target is suicide, because overwhelming retaliation will happen. I can't perceive this as anything other than the most outrageous kind of 'fake news' and scaremongering/predictive programming.

Victoria

Rookie
Yeah and the alert was seen on TV screens as well. I really don't believe all that alert system is automated by pressing a single button. The 38 minutes delay was explained by a "shift change" but really now...
The more details that come out, the more I disbelieve the official story. I think there was an ICBM on its way (and failed) or at least extremely good intelligence that one was about to be released.