Have you ever met anyone famous?

Thunderian

Superstar
I met Michael Dudikoff once. I threw a party and one of my friends brought this guy named Michael. Turns out if was Michael Dudikoff, who I'm sure no one here remembers. I told him I loved him in Platoon Leader. He said, "You saw that?" We laughed and that was about it.

And I used to play poker with Lou Diamond Phillips back in the day. He's a really nice guy, pretty low-key. Not the best poker player. :D

elsbet

Superstar
I met Michael Dudikoff once. I threw a party and one of my friends brought this guy named Michael. Turns out if was Michael Dudikoff, who I'm sure no one here remembers. I told him I loved him in Platoon Leader. He said, "You saw that?" We laughed and that was about it.

And I used to play poker with Lou Diamond Phillips back in the day. He's a really nice guy, pretty low-key. Not the best poker player. :D
I met Lou Diamond Phillips, too, believe it or not! I was very young, waiting tables in a big bar & grill, and his band (the Pipefitters) was playing. I waited on the table that had his "people" (or whatever), and.. and, as he and his band were leaving, I got a hug in the parking lot and a twirl around :D I think they'd all been drinking, but but I was grinning like an idiot.

I also met Dewey Martin.. he was an acquaintance of the (ex) boyfriend. Chynna Phillips-- she is lovely, in person-- very kind. :) And Neil Boortz.. he was signing his FairTax book. Again, I was grinning like an idiot. :D

Thunderian

Superstar
Lol @elsbet that we both met Lou Diamond Phillips. The first time I ran into him we were sitting next to each other in a poker room and just started talking. I didn't even notice who he was until we'd been playing for a couple hours.

Lady

Star
I went to church with the brother of Hercules! :)
That was as close as I ever came to fame!

Last edited:

yiksmes

Established
What does it mean if you quote someone and don't say anything?
Or is that a hint that you are famous? :)

Devine

Star
i have met the Nelson brothers (from the 90's band) also Miss Jay from americas next top model.i had a funny thought, @Major Blood , are you really thora birch herself? LOL

Devine

Star
I met Lou Diamond Phillips, too, believe it or not! I was very young, waiting tables in a big bar & grill, and his band (the Pipefitters) was playing. I waited on the table that had his "people" (or whatever), and.. and, as he and his band were leaving, I got a hug in the parking lot and a twirl around :D I think they'd all been drinking, but but I was grinning like an idiot.

I also met Dewey Martin.. he was an acquaintance of the (ex) boyfriend. Chynna Phillips-- she is lovely, in person-- very kind. :) And Neil Boortz.. he was signing his FairTax book. Again, I was grinning like an idiot. :D
@elsbet so you were a server! me too! u seem cool :) im going to make a server chat thread :)

elsbet

Superstar
@elsbet so you were a server! me too! u seem cool :) im going to make a server chat thread :)
Yes, on more than one occasion, way back when! I think everyone should have to work six months minimum either waiting tables or in retail, so they know what it's like. Really gets under my skin to see customers treat these folks like non-persons or lower class servants.

Thunderian

Superstar
I just posted in the server thread and it reminded me of two more people I worked with. The joke is, when someone says they're an actor, you say, "Oh yeah? What restaurant do you work at?"

I was a chef in Vancouver for years, and two servers I worked with were Carrie-Anne Moss and Cobie Smulders. Carrie-Anne was a shift leader and very no nonsense, and I didn't really get to know her. Cobie, though, was a ton of fun, and we were good friends at work. It's pretty crazy to see her up there onscreen with Tom Cruise and in the Marvel movies.