Have men become obsolete?

Robin

Veteran
P

I WISH I knew how to work on cars, etc.! My dad never said I couldn’t do something, regardless of the ‘stereotype’ association. He’s always supported me in w/e I wanted to do. I didn’t dive into a lot of that other stuff bc I enjoy just really enjoy taking care of people. I’m annoyed that 3rd wave radical feminists demean stay at home moms.
Don't get me wrong -I still thoroughly enjoy taking care of people -cooking, hosting, I like babysitting family/friends' kids etc. I think both sets are equally valuable and beautiful interests and I think that feminists should have fought to show that feminine traits and interests are just as significant and worthy of respect as traditionally male ones. That would've been true equality. By demeaning traditional female roles they basically align themselves with the idea that male roles are inherently superior just because they were historically constructed that way. Self-contradicting logic really.

But you forget a major element that is the fear in Hollywood.
Not all the women spoke up about the abuse before metoo began but some did, but they weren't taken seriously because of r*pe culture. Because if you're a woman who come forward can be subjected to not only being blackmailed and losing your job but also even more harassement, ridicule, etc.

Men also knew, but they just shrug it off because it doesn't affect them personally. There is an actress that spoke up recently about being assaulted in a meeting. There were tons of men who were twice her size that could have intervened. They didn't. They just looked away because they didn't want to lose their job.

So the problem is structural in Hollywood and in other fields as well. There aren't that many women behind the scenes in positions of power either. You can't reduce it to just women not supporting each other.

Women as a group represent 52% of the population so of course we're not all gonna share the same views and the same ideologies. Not every woman calls herself a feminist. Some women only think about their own interest, but that's only beneficial in the short term, because they'll eventually hit a wall at some point.
I'm not condoning abuse or sexual assault, but I will ask if exchanging sexual favours for a step up in your career can really be defined as either. Those women had a choice -men demanding sexual favours in exchange for power and opportunity are disgusting but the fact is they were still taken up on their offer. Why didn't the women organise amoņg themselves to expose them back then? Why not create a movement that challenged the system then? If that would prove dangerous or if no one would've believed them, they still had the choice to walk away. And women have historically used sex as currency. That's not the same thing as unwilling exploitation in the vein of abuse or r*pe. You can have discussions about power structures and imbalance but then it does come down to integrity versus ambition. The system is evil, but they still chose to partake in it.

"Some women use women as step ladder" that's true, but women who claim that feminism is not valid or not necessary anymore in the 21st century bc they want to live in their fantasy world or want male validation are just as much an hindrance to women's liberation. Which I've seen some posters say on this forum.
Is it really that inconceivable to you that some women despise third-wave feminism for independent reasons that have nothing do with men?

And regarding that point, I want to add that:
Most men wouldn't lift a finger if they were to witness a girl being harassed on her way home, they wouldn't check their bros when they whitsle at teenagers from their cars. They would gladly join in when their friends make salacious or misogynistic jokes at a bartender who's clearly uncomfortable. I have yet to see a man who holds his male counterparts accountable for their bullshit.

Last edited:

ishigo

Established
That's why I said "most" in bold since some of yall apparently can't read. There are men who stand up for women but they are far from being the majority. They need to become the majority for this kind of behaviour to become less acceptable.

I think that feminists should have fought to show that feminine traits and interests are just as significant and worthy of respect as traditionally male ones
Those are extremists. You're taking one branch of feminism which is radical feminism and assigning it to the whole movement. Showing that you actualy don't know anything about feminism.
Maybe instead of criticizing the movement because it doesn't catter to you and your worldviews you could create your own, since feminism isn't about true equality. Go create your own and see how that goes.

Lisa

Superstar
That's why I said "most" in bold since some of yall apparently can't read. There are men who stand up for women but they are far from being the majority. They need to become the majority for this kind of behaviour to become less acceptable.

Those are extremists. You're taking one branch of feminism which is radical feminism and assigning it to the whole movement. Showing that you actualy don't know anything about feminism.
Maybe instead of criticizing the movement because it doesn't catter to you and your worldviews you could create your own, since feminism isn't about true equality. Go create your own and see how that goes.
Are you gonna reply to Todd’s post next?

Robin

Veteran

A movement gets identified by it's most vocal representatives. That's just how it works.

Last edited:

ishigo

Established
OR people can be smarter than that and make their own research.
I mean, it's VC, everyone here should know by now that you can't take whatever you read on msm or on social media as facts...
If we go by your logic then the media would be right to demonize islam because the more vocal extremist groups are using religion to justify their wrongdoings.
The same way, feminism can be instrumentalized and used as a scapegoat for the elite to push their agenda. Yet it doesn't change the values of the movement at its core.

Robin

Veteran
OR people can be smarter than that and make their own research.
I mean, it's VC, everyone here should know by now that you can't take whatever you read on msm or on social media as facts...
If we go by your logic then the media would be right to demonize islam because the more vocal extremist groups are using religion to justify their wrongdoings.
The same way, feminism can be instrumentalized and used as a scapegoat for the elite to push their agenda. Yet it doesn't change the values of the movement at its core.
Or seeing as this is VC, people can be suspicious about the inception of movements that largely promote discontentment and furthers the gender divide. I've said this a million times that I think first and second wave feminism was where it should've ended because that was needed. Third wave? No.

ishigo

Established
So women liberation= gender divide? OK...right.
I already said msm media uses feminism as a scapegoat to push their agenda but you willfully chose to ignore that part. The selective outrage is hilarious.

Robin

Veteran
So women liberation= gender divide? OK...right.
I already said msm media uses feminism as a scapegoat to push their agenda but you willfully chose to ignore that part. The selective outrage is hilarious.
Okay, change of plan: you briefly outline how YOU see third wave feminism and which issues of oppression it addresses.

ishigo

Established
Seriously? You can't make a google search yourself?
Justice for sexual assault victims
Reproductive rights
Gender wage gap
Better representation
More women in positions of power, do I need to go on?

I'm not gonna hold you by the hand, your google ain't broke.

Robin

Veteran
Seriously? You can't make a google search yourself?
Justice for sexual assault victims
Reproductive rights
Gender wage gap
Better representation
More women in positions of power, do I need to go on?

I'm not gonna hold you by the hand, your google ain't broke.
Lmao. I asked YOU not Google. It's how YOU perceive it -anyone can offer up the squeaky version of what it's supposed to look like but I was curious as to why YOU believe in it. Injustice is the result of a broken legal system. Abortion is legal in every state in America and each state has at least one abortion clinic. Not that you'd even watch it but this woman is a feminist who had some very interesting facts to say about the "wage gap":

As for representation. . . You think 2 Fast 2 Furious was an example of better representation for women? Its also funny how you talk about my opinion of feminism being gender-dividing as wrong when you are the one who started an entire thread discussing if men are obsolete. . . Based on clearly angry and faceless Tweets lol.

ishigo

Established
It's how YOU perceive it -anyone can offer up the squeaky version of what it's supposed to look like but I was curious as to why YOU believe in it
Trying to argue that systemic sexism is my perception now? That's the kind of tactics that white people use agst poc and that men use agst women to get them to stfu.
That's nice when the oppressed are trying to mimick their oppressor as opposed to being "divisive". Because men need their attack dogs among women too and you're playing the part very well.

Injustice is the result of a broken legal system. Abortion is legal in every state in America and each state has at least one abortion clinic.
Reproductive rights don't just end with abortion, and there are threads on this very forum about the rights to abortion behind under attack. You're either very simple-minded or are choosing to be willfully obtuse.

Its also funny how you talk about my opinion of feminism being gender-dividing
It's you projecting your issues on feminism.

You think 2 Fast 2 Furious was an example of better representation for women?
Good to know you can't make up your own arguments and are using the points of other posters, lol I would expect more from someone who likes to argue this much.

I'm done with you.

Robin

Veteran
Trying to argue that systemic sexism is my perception now? That's the kind of tactics that white people use agst poc and that men use agst women to get them to stfu.
That's nice when the oppressed are trying to mimick their oppressor as opposed to being "divisive". Because men need their attack dogs among women too and you're playing the part very well.
Nope, I'm just looking at things from more than one perspective. Funny how your type support women except when they have a differing opinion.

Reproductive rights don't just end with abortion, and there are threads on this very forum about the rights to abortion behind under attack. You're either very simple-minded or are choosing to be willfully obtuse.
Like what? Is that not the biggest issue?

It's you projecting your issues on feminism.
Or you projecting your issues with men.

Good to know you can't make up your own arguments and are using the points of other posters, lol I would expect more from someone who likes to argue this much.
Good know you can't account for that hypocrisy lol. It is a valid point though. A woman literally "offers" herself as a prize to a man if he wins the opening race in that movie so . . .

I'm done with you.
Okay.

sickgirl15

Established
You could just ask me...but no, I’m not a country music lover.

You say your a Christian but you’re ashamed of this?

Genesis‬ ‭2:18‬ ‭
Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.”​
‭‭
I agree that it is fabulous to stand by your man if he treats us equally as well and is supportive to his female partner’s needs and desires as well. Us women were just not created to be just decorative “helpers” and stand in the shadows silently and be treated as submissive baby machines and doormats.

TruthSucker

Established
Women still fullfill the roles of mothers but now we're working, paying the bills,driving, etc...Learned to be athletes, scientists, astronauts and other fields that were dominated by men.
We have not only maintained our skill sets but expanded our repertoire to include everything men have ever done.
If you think this is what it's all about: congratulations. The only thing you have to do now is take a lot of testosterone and you are the perfect human being without the need for a man.

Agenda is working.

Lisa

Superstar
I agree that it is fabulous to stand by your man if he treats us equally as well and is supportive to his female partner’s needs and desires as well. Us women were just not created to be just decorative “helpers” and stand in the shadows silently and be treated as submissive baby machines and doormats.
Can you stand by your man if he doesn’t treat you well and supportive? We are all imperfect people...aren’t we? To me, that’s where God fits into the equation...we are all imperfect people, constantly making mistakes...we can’t fix each other and we can’t fix ourselves. Is there any help for us? And I would say, yes, God is our help and He can help us to live together and love one another when we can’t. I say this as being someone that God has helped and has brought my husband and I closer together than I ever thought possible....I’m not pushing something that is a theory in my head but a reality in my life.

I think that looking at it as being decorative helpers is the wrong way to look at it, honestly. Building up someone else is a blessing, especially if in that building up you are also building up your life together. Its a team and teamwork is good when both teammates do their part. It’s really quite awesome and wonderful really...How many people wish they could have been married to only one partner..to be disappointed when it doesn’t work out and that affects the lives of their children? We do want it to work out, be married..happily ever after. We all want that. Divorce hurts the ones that get divorced and it hurts the children who love both their parents and want them to be together until death do us part. That’s a human desire and its not decorative.

I was not a baby machine..but I did have 2 babies. I can honestly say those were the best years of my life...I felt that this is what I was made for, that there was no higher or greater good that I could do then love those 2 babies and give them my all for their good.
So..I really don’t get how anyone can abort their babies or even think its a waste of their time..what more in life do we have than relationships with one another. People talk about changing the world..well raise your kids..that’s a change isn’t it? And the amount of love you receive back from your children is priceless. Family’s are incredible, you take a man and a woman and you add children and you understand a different kind of love..a different kind of bond. Work has nothing on that.

ishigo

Established

Lisa

Superstar
I have always heard it the other way around... men die younger and women live longer..

Phithx

Veteran
From https://www.henrymakow.com/2020/01/women-and-the-devil.html
Sex, Women and the Devil

January 12, 2020

adam-eve-snake.jpg

The Satanists (Cabalists) who control Western society
inducted us into their sex cult. Sex became a bogus
religion, i.e. the way to find unity with God. (Orgasm was sold as a mystical experience.)
This deliberate diversion has degraded male-female relations and ruined countless lives.
Men were indoctrinated to see women as Goddesses, and taught to please them because
they have the Holy Grail. (Gywneth Paltrow is now selling a candle that smells like her vagina.)
Part of a larger attack on gender, men were emasculated.

Jack Hamilton describes the effect this satanic indoctrination had on his life.

Non vi e' un problema della coppia: vi e' il problema di un uomo e il problema di una donna. e non vi 'e che una soluzione: La morte. There is no problem with the couple: there is the problem of a man and the problem of a woman. and there is only one solution: death. From the Italian film Hitch-Hike, 1977

Oh gods, what power you have given beauty! La clemenza di Tito, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Is that you Bertie? I love you, though you destroy me. The Makropoulos Case, Act II, Leos Janáček

by Jack Hamilton
(henrymakow.com)

There once was a young glamour goddess
who favored red lipstick and high heels. She drove her young man around town in a borrowed 1947 convertible. Life was good. They married, had me, and then she drove him out his mind with a lifetime of contention.

Continued at https://www.henrymakow.com/2020/01/women-and-the-devil.html
It's short.

Vixy

Star
Hate to sound like a feminazi but I've chosen a life in solitude because it is just like those tweets say, they dont protect us, theyre acting more scared than us and I'll give you an example on that later, they don't help with doing anything and I have fixed my life myself without the help from any man so unfortunally yes, this is true, my life is better without one. It's calmer and more peaceful with less worries and heres why:

Example: I noticed someone had stolen a piece of furniture out of my garden and saw the thief in action stealing bikes so I ran in, got a baseball bat and chased him down the street. I saved my neighbours bike and the thief never dared coming back.

What did my guy do? He stood there watching and said "How exxagerated!" in a very arrogant way as if he was better than chasing some thief. Thus he let me, a small woman, chase down a thief on drugs (he was later caught by the police for doing something else and he was on drugs) So considering things like that.. I'm better off protecting myself.

Another example: A neighbour acted threathful and my male friend squeeled like a small girl "Lets go inside, let's go inside!" He was scared to death and protecting me wasn't even an option but I stood still facing it and waiting it out. Our friendship is no more.

I however disagree on the men in the old days. My grandfather build a huge house with 9 rooms and double garages, worked triple jobs all his life and sent his kids through school, gave them drivers licenses and a condo when they were grown to set them off in life, he was by my side and taught me things until he died. He also married the woman he got pregnant and took care of her all his life despite not being in love with her bc it was the right thing to do. THATS a man!

If these men today are "men", I really am good, thanks! :D

Last edited: