Harley Dilly: 14 year old found dead in chimney

Aero

Superstar
A lot of kids go missing, and sadly some just can't be saved.

My advice is just to ignore the inconsistencies coming from the police. Try to look at the actual evidence, and try to reconstruct the crime scene in your mind. With that said, you can't just drop a body off in a chimney without leaving some type of physical evidence.

Spades

Established
A lot of kids go missing, and sadly some just can't be saved.

My advice is just to ignore the inconsistencies coming from the police. Try to look at the actual evidence, and try to reconstruct the crime scene in your mind. With that said, you can't just drop a body off in a chimney without leaving some type of physical evidence.
Maybe there wasn't a body at all. Or maybe it wasn't actually found in the chimney. The chimney bit doesn't fit. Something is off. The news reported that they brought "something" (their word, not mine) out but it was shielded from their view. They seem a little skeptical, too. Hopefully they keep up on it. There's no way to keep up with it if they don't continue to report on it.

“If he was trying to run from us as some assume, why then didn’t he go farther, not across the street. He was avoiding going to school. Why we will never know, but kids do that,”

Spades

Established
you need to ask? seriously.
i dont know the circumstances around that boys death, but why would you mock his mother without knowing the facts?
a normal person would feel empathy first. not 'omg look she doesnt have any tears'
I was skeptical, too. Not mocking her, but she did seem a bit disingenuous. Which isn't the reason I was questioned this in the first place, but adds to it now that I've seen it.

I was skeptical, too. Not mocking her, but she did seem a bit disingenuous. Which isn't the reason I was questioned this in the first place, but adds to it now that I've seen it.
because she doesnt look like a soft little vulnerable woman?

Aero

Superstar
Maybe there wasn't a body at all. Or maybe it wasn't actually found in the chimney. The chimney bit doesn't fit. Something is off. The news reported that they brought "something" (their word, not mine) out but it was shielded from their view. They seem a little skeptical, too. Hopefully they keep up on it. There's no way to keep up with it if they don't continue to report on it.
Well, anything is possible. But I'm wondering what doesn't fit about the chimney bit? The antenna tower looks real easy to climb, and the chimney just as easily accessible. When I was younger we used to break into abandoned houses all the time and screw around.

Police and media being incompetent with the facts isn't evidence of a conspiracy. It's evidence of incompetence. Anyway, I'm not trying to discredit your theory or anything. I feel like cautioning against looking at events through a specific type of lens.

Also, you are 100% right that there will be no follow up. And I get why that's frustrating and can seem suspicious. It's a sad story that's been handled poorly. I wish I had known about it sooner, but it seems like the worst had happened before it became a story.

Spades

Established
Well, anything is possible. But I'm wondering what doesn't fit about the chimney bit? The antenna tower looks real easy to climb, and the chimney just as easily accessible. When I was younger we used to break into abandoned houses all the time and screw around.

Police and media being incompetent with the facts isn't evidence of a conspiracy. It's evidence of incompetence. Anyway, I'm not trying to discredit your theory or anything. I feel like cautioning against looking at events through a specific type of lens.

Also, you are 100% right that there will be no follow up. And I get why that's frustrating and can seem suspicious. It's a sad story that's been handled poorly. I wish I had known about it sooner, but it seems like the worst had happened before it became a story.
Believe me, I wish I didn't feel obligated to question this, or run everything through such a dark lens. Quite frankly, it's stressful and frightening. But I can't unknow that there is a super dark underbelly that I never saw before. I know that not everything I suspect is going to be right. It's not my goal to be right all the time. It's my goal to not ignore when my gut is telling me something is wrong.

When you were breaking into empty houses... did you or anyone you know ever think... hey... let's climb down this 9x13 inch chimney? Or would you look for an easier way to get in? I wear glasses. I'll tell you right now that I would never take them off and throw them down a chimney before I climbed down. No one reports hearing him yell, either. Not enough details reported to make a solid decision, but what has been reported sounds like a load.

No, because she expends all that emotional energy and there aren’t any tears..or just one tear...makes her look disingenuous.
you dont know if she has shed tears or hasnt in private...you dont know whether it's the shock or that she is making a video.
those type of videos are only put out to try and convince someone who may have the person (ie a kidnapper) to feel remorsful and release the kid.
you dont know what is on her mind or in her heart.

I'd love to hear if you have thoughts on it. I've already given my opinion, obviously.
well, ive not looked into it
i read one article where i was looking for more pics of the lady and her son..and that pic i posted they look like a normal mother and son.
she's saying the house he died on was just down the street.

“If he was trying to run from us as some assume, why then didn’t he go farther, not across the street. He was avoiding going to school. Why we will never know, but kids do that,”

I also feel, she's being judged based on her appearance.
if she looked like this weak little women and was crying with tears, you would all feel sympathy.

Spades

Established
well, ive not looked into it
i read one article where i was looking for more pics of the lady and her son..and that pic i posted they look like a normal mother and son.
she's saying the house he died on was just down the street.

I also feel, she's being judged based on her appearance.
if she looked like this weak little women and was crying with tears, you would all feel sympathy.
I didn't form an opinion on her by looking at her. It does seem like in the past when people question the emotional response of a parent with a missing kid that (in many cases) there did end up being foul play, so there might be something to it, though I understand that not everyone will always have the same emotional response. My opinion is that she was doing some bad acting.

There is actually a pretty decent article that I posted in the comments from the heavy website if you'd like to inform yourself.

He doesn't look to me like a 4'9 100 lb 14 year old. Maybe. But I have a son that tall who is much younger and that doesn't seem proportional to me.
i dont care about that
that looks like a normal mum and her son..

even if it isnt the case, at least our natural human instinct should be to feel empathy towards her first and wait for the facts.
you cant judge most appearances like that.

turns out you guys arent alone though.
the comments are divided too.

thing is, i could suspect the dad, but not the mum, esp listening to that audio in this clip where she's arguing with her husband over the 4 yr old.