Harley Dilly: 14 year old found dead in chimney

Spades

Established
This child was last seen on Dec 20, 2019. News reports that police found missing child on Jan 14, 2020.

101 lbs, 4'9... this child supposedly ran away (as is reported by police Chief Rob Hickman)… before he was ever found, it seems to me a narrative was already being spun.

This 14 year old boy is supposed to have run away, although no motive is provided, and found an empty home. The owner of this home the chief refuses to name, but says it was a summer home (in Ohio), that is being remodeled. No one resides at this home currently. The home is one of these 2.

507 fulton.jpg

Strange spot for a summer home, but okay.

The kid supposedly tried to shimmy his way down the 9x13 chimney vs ANY OTHER WAY. Police are said to have found his "puffer coat and glasses" on the second floor of the home (after many outside visits to this home over the course of this investigation... they went in after 3 weeks.) next to the chimney.

So apparently, this child climbed an antenna, took off his coat and glasses, tossed them down, and went down after them. The official statement is that the flue was closed, so the child was stuck in the chimney and passed away from asphyxiation. (Although the press release clearly shows that the chief doesn't even admit that it's Harley's body. He keeps saying "we BELIEVE we've found...". Because he couldn't be identified at this point? Body is not old enough to not be identified clearly by parents and personal affects? In reality, it's pending investigation and there is an autopsy ordered.)

Spades

Established
I believe this was a murder. A/the body planted in this home because the community came together. FBI was involved as well.

Lisa

Superstar
I believe this was a murder. A/the body planted in this home because the community came together. FBI was involved as well.
Why though? i thought early reports was there was some abuse or something talked about regarding the boy’s safety in the home?

I was really bummed out when I read they found him...though o also thought it strange that a kid that old would be found in the chimney. I agree it is a strange story and that he may have been killed perhaps by the person that had/was abusing him. Idk why they would cover it up unless some vip was involved?

Hon33

Veteran
This child was last seen on Dec 20, 2019. News reports that police found missing child on Jan 14, 2020.

101 lbs, 4'9... this child supposedly ran away (as is reported by police Chief Rob Hickman)… before he was ever found, it seems to me a narrative was already being spun.

This 14 year old boy is supposed to have run away, although no motive is provided, and found an empty home. The owner of this home the chief refuses to name, but says it was a summer home (in Ohio), that is being remodeled. No one resides at this home currently. The home is one of these 2.

View attachment 30901

Strange spot for a summer home, but okay.

The kid supposedly tried to shimmy his way down the 9x13 chimney vs ANY OTHER WAY. Police are said to have found his "puffer coat and glasses" on the second floor of the home (after many outside visits to this home over the course of this investigation... they went in after 3 weeks.) next to the chimney.

So apparently, this child climbed an antenna, took off his coat and glasses, tossed them down, and went down after them. The official statement is that the flue was closed, so the child was stuck in the chimney and passed away from asphyxiation. (Although the press release clearly shows that the chief doesn't even admit that it's Harley's body. He keeps saying "we BELIEVE we've found...". Because he couldn't be identified at this point? Body is not old enough to not be identified clearly by parents and personal affects? In reality, it's pending investigation and there is an autopsy ordered.)
It is absolutely standard to say initially that they “believe” it to be the body of... until the identity has officially been confirmed.
There may be many reasons why that had not yet happened. Bodies are not removed from crime scenes immediately. In a case like this, the body may remain in situ until all the forensic work around it has been carried out. It may be the case that the scene will have to be disturbed to remove the body without damaging it, so they will have to completed all forensics with the body in situ.
Once the body is removed, they may discover that itv isn’t immediately identifiable by parents. They may be waiting on a DNA screen or dental matching - Infact they probably do that even if it is identifiable.
Only after that, will they attempt to establish a cause of death. Sometimes that can be easily ascertained; other times it takes longer.
There doesn’t have to be a conspiracy around everything. Give them the chance to establish the facts before accusing them of not reporting them.

Spades

Established
It is absolutely standard to say initially that they “believe” it to be the body of... until the identity has officially been confirmed.
There may be many reasons why that had not yet happened. Bodies are not removed from crime scenes immediately. In a case like this, the body may remain in situ until all the forensic work around it has been carried out. It may be the case that the scene will have to be disturbed to remove the body without damaging it, so they will have to completed all forensics with the body in situ.
Once the body is removed, they may discover that itv isn’t immediately identifiable by parents. They may be waiting on a DNA screen or dental matching - Infact they probably do that even if it is identifiable.
Only after that, will they attempt to establish a cause of death. Sometimes that can be easily ascertained; other times it takes longer.
There doesn’t have to be a conspiracy around everything. Give them the chance to establish the facts before accusing them of not reporting them.
You might be right... But my initial reaction is that this story doesn't make any sense. At all. Something is fishy in Ohio.

I can't believe I just got called out for being a conspiracy theorist on a forum that is founded on pointing out oddities and questioning things. Hah!

Spades

Established
Why though? i thought early reports was there was some abuse or something talked about regarding the boy’s safety in the home?

I was really bummed out when I read they found him...though o also thought it strange that a kid that old would be found in the chimney. I agree it is a strange story and that he may have been killed perhaps by the person that had/was abusing him. Idk why they would cover it up unless some vip was involved?
The kid had a youtube channel where he had, at one point, given out his phone number. One of the updates pointed out a part in one of his videos where you hear the Dad cussing at a 4 year old for spilling soda. (I'm not saying I think his Dad did it.)

VIPs these days can basically go shopping online for kids who are public on social media. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this happened. The time of year is suspicious to me, as well. There are more children murdered on Christmas than any other time of the year.

The glasses and the coat got me, too. I'll follow the story and see if they release any more information. I have to try to dig a little.

Lisa

Superstar
I can't believe I just got called out for being a conspiracy theorist on a forum that is founded on pointing out oddities and questioning things. Hah!
No doubt! Haha

The kid had a youtube channel where he had, at one point, given out his phone number. One of the updates pointed out a part in one of his videos where you hear the Dad cussing at a 4 year old for spilling soda. (I'm not saying I think his Dad did it.)

VIPs these days can basically go shopping online for kids who are public on social media. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this happened. The time of year is suspicious to me, as well. There are more children murdered on Christmas than any other time of the year.

The glasses and the coat got me, too. I'll follow the story and see if they release any more information. I have to try to dig a little.
I didn’t know he had a YouTube channel..hmmm! But they did show..had pictures that he left by himself right?

That mom couldn’t even cry for her son? I kept thinking...could I even go on tv and make it through that to make a plea..she doesn’t even cry. Not even a tear..

Spades

Established
No doubt! Haha

I didn’t know he had a YouTube channel..hmmm! But they did show..had pictures that he left by himself right?

That mom couldn’t even cry for her son? I kept thinking...could I even go on tv and make it through that to make a plea..she doesn’t even cry. Not even a tear..
If you read the comments on the video some indicate that the parents used to kick him out of the house and that there were possibly domestic violence charges that may have been issued. I haven't confirmed that.

After seeing the Mom... I am even more skeptical. Here's a good article that lays it out a bit more. I'm trying to find the LivePD video where it shows the footage of him leaving the house.

Lisa

Superstar
If you read the comments on the video some indicate that the parents used to kick him out of the house and that there were possibly domestic violence charges that may have been issued. I haven't confirmed that.

After seeing the Mom... I am even more skeptical. Here's a good article that lays it out a bit more. I'm trying to find the LivePD video where it shows the footage of him leaving the house.

Yes, that’s what I was talking about earlier that there was some abuse going on in the home.

I wonder if they are letting the mom hang herself so to speak? I got the feeling she was acting her way through that video...should of at least tried to pop out a tear...

Yep, I think I saw they talked about him on livePD now that you say that...but they also had his story in the daily mail.

Lisa

Superstar
@Spades you’re link is a lot better..they’ve got everything in it!

edit: also is it weird that in that interview the cameraman focused on her chest? Could’ve got the same picture on the man’s shirt...

Spades

Established
@Spades you’re link is a lot better..they’ve got everything in it!

edit: also is it weird that in that interview the cameraman focused on her chest? Could’ve got the same picture on the man’s shirt...
Yeah... they didn't show the Dad much at all. =/ So here is the list of people and agencies involved in the search for this child. You're going to tell me that NOBODY thought to enter the empty house across the street for 3 weeks?

"Hundreds of citizens and law enforcement officers have assisted in the on-the-ground search efforts so far. The Ohio State Highway Patrol is providing air support with helicopters, and local authorities are being assisted by agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Ohio BCI, U.S. Border Patrol, and U.S. Marshals Service."

Lisa

Superstar
Yeah... they didn't show the Dad much at all. =/ So here is the list of people and agencies involved in the search for this child. You're going to tell me that NOBODY thought to enter the empty house across the street for 3 weeks?

"Hundreds of citizens and law enforcement officers have assisted in the on-the-ground search efforts so far. The Ohio State Highway Patrol is providing air support with helicopters, and local authorities are being assisted by agents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Ohio BCI, U.S. Border Patrol, and U.S. Marshals Service."
That’s a lot of government agencies looking for this kid...that does seem strange in that how many missing kids get that kind of coverage?
Do you think knots easy now to say we should have entered the empty house sooner?

If someone killed him..shouldn’t they have taken his coat and glasses since he was hidden in the chimney?

Spades

Established
That’s a lot of government agencies looking for this kid...that does seem strange in that how many missing kids get that kind of coverage?
Do you think knots easy now to say we should have entered the empty house sooner?

If someone killed him..shouldn’t they have taken his coat and glasses since he was hidden in the chimney?
I do think it's a lot of people looking for him. Here's what flashed through my mind last night when I first read the articles... wild speculation. I thought... if this is a cover up for a ritual murder and the police are in on it... (which is what I suspect) then they may have been forced to contrive a story that makes just enough sense to appease the masses. I now suspect the parents know something.

I hope I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything yet that has swayed my initial thoughts on it too much.

Lisa

Superstar
I do think it's a lot of people looking for him. Here's what flashed through my mind last night when I first read the articles... wild speculation. I thought... if this is a cover up for a ritual murder and the police are in on it... (which is what I suspect) then they may have been forced to contrive a story that makes just enough sense to appease the masses. I now suspect the parents know something.

I hope I'm wrong but I haven't seen anything yet that has swayed my initial thoughts on it too much.
All I know is that I thought the story ended up being strange to me too..especially like I said, when he was found in the chimney.

Hon33

Veteran
You might be right... But my initial reaction is that this story doesn't make any sense. At all. Something is fishy in Ohio.

You may be absolutely right. There may be something strange going on, but what the policeman said about believing it was the child isn’t strange. That’s all I am saying.
Very often there will be a reasonable explanation behind a seemingly unusual death. However, you are absolutely right that sometimes things aren’t as they might seem. Only time will tell.