Hal Lindsey - Late, Great Planet Earth

AlcyoneSong

Established
i though it would be easier to ask you.
In 2007, Lindsey told viewers of his television show that Zion Oil and Gas, a Texas-based hydrocarbon exploration company, was "on the verge of discovering oil," and that this points to the imminent return of the Messiah. He made similar pronouncements in his column on the right wing nut site World Net Daily. This caused the stock price of Zion Oil to increase over twenty percent. Lindsey did not disclose that at the same time, he and his relatives owned millions of dollars of stock in Zion Oil. This is known as a type of fraud, "pump and dump", but no charges were filed against Lindsey.

Source: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2008/01/let-there-be-light-crude/

For the record it's the same fraud that was the basis for the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street", only Jordan Belfort did get in trouble. My point is, is that he is not a credible source to me. I'm a skeptic from the start, it's a fault, and my charismatic friends no.. acquaintances find it difficult to talk to me about this sort of stuff because of it. However, being a skeptic I think, allows me to question everything. It's what brought me here.

Thunderian

Superstar
I have my own problems with Hal — for instance, he’s been married four times — but I don’t go to him for Bible teaching anyway, so it doesn’t matter. There are lots of teachers who teach the exact same things he does.

AlcyoneSong

Established
Lindsey did not disclose that at the same time, he and his relatives owned millions of dollars of stock in Zion Oil.
I have my own problems with Hal — for instance, he’s been married four times — but I don’t go to him for Bible teaching anyway, so it doesn’t matter. There are lots of teachers who teach the exact same things he does.
I would like to know some of the other teachers who share his theories, if you have any names?

DavidSon

Star
The CIA manipulated Christianity, specifically futurist eschatology

The current futurism craze that is sweeping Christianity, which originated in the 70s with Hal Lindsey, and was later popularized by Tim Lahaye, was begun by the CIA as a means to politicize Christians toward the right-wing.

Additionally, this effort by the CIA is also attached to each of the most famous charismatic movements since the late 60s, most notably the Jesus Movement, and by extension the Calvary Chapel semi-denominational group. The Jesus Movement spun off several other charismatic movements: Wimber's Vineyard movement, the Kansas City Prophets, the Pensacola Revival and the Toronto Blessing. Hence, without realizing it, the charismatic/signs-and-wonders movement has been an impetus of the CIA push at patriotizing Christians. CIA operatives also helped begin the Campus Crusade for Christ as a right-wing political organization also aimed at patriotizing Christians. Hal Lindsey came out of the CCC.

The Council for National Policy, begun by Tim Lahaye, is full of former CIA operatives: including Oliver North, Chuck Missler and George Bush Sr who was a director of the CIA. Its primary membership is made up of wealthy right-wingers and a veritable who's-who of Christian pastors and teachers who push the futurist eschatological position in an effort to steer citizen support for right-wing foreign policy.

The founder of Blackwater, Erik Prince, is also a member of the CNP. Blackwater was the private mercenary firm employed by American businesses like Halliburton in Afghanistan following the American invasion of that country.

Pat Matrisciana was the CIA operative who worked with Chuck Smith and Bill Bright to startup the Jesus Freaks and Campus Crusade. He currently serves as a board member for Koinonia House, the ministry of Chuck Missler (himself a CIA operative, who credits Hal Lindsey with recruiting him into ministry under the umbrella of Chuck Smith). Matrisciana is also a member of the CNP.

The below article doesn't get into specific operations, but it points out that the CIA admitted to manipulating Christian organizations during the 60s and 70s
http://www.rt.com/op-edge/north-korea-usa-cia-639/

Cintra

Star
Thats it!!!!
Thats the one!!! Omg...

Did you have any others?
I had The Cross and the Switchblade, The hiding place, God's Smuggler, and others.

The proper books were all around too, but mostly I liked the comics (I was a kid).

OMG, I have never met anyone who has ever read these!!!
All my friends had 2000AD, and marvel stuff.
But they were forbidden to me...

Karlysymon

Superstar
I recently reread Mary Stewart Relfe's When Your Money Fails.
(another parental book of my youth)

Apart from the antichrist thing, (her candidate died as the book was being published, lol) her predictions concerning money and electronic tracking has been very good.
In the early 80s it was impossible for me to imagine such things. Incredible how they have crept in over the years.
If "visions" of the coming Panopticon made it into 80s pop culture ( see THIS and THIS as quick examples ), its likely that whoever seeded them there must have tried seeding elsewhere too ;)
Hmmm. Makes you wonder if Sodom (which was a city in the valley of the Euphrates a great river) and Egypt (obviously the city/nation founded on the Nile) is not even in the Middle East but another city altogether? Or is Sodom and Egypt how the city is described by others based on it's acceptance of a polytheistic and hedonistic culture? Shoot that could be a place in India for all we know or even Manhattan.

The thing that bugs me about the author is after doing a little digging he did some sketchy stuff. In 2007, Lindsey told viewers of his television show that Zion Oil and Gas, a Texas-based hydrocarbon exploration company, was "on the verge of discovering oil," and that this points to the imminent return of the Messiah. He made similar pronouncements in his column on the right wing nut site World Net Daily. This caused the stock price of Zion Oil to increase over twenty percent. Lindsey did not disclose that at the same time, he and his relatives owned millions of dollars of stock in Zion Oil. This is known as a type of fraud, "pump and dump", but no charges were filed against Lindsey.

(Source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey)

Strange but the regular Wiki article says NOTHING about this.

(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hal_Lindsey)

Now I know people around here are pretty good at digging out truth from fabrication, so I pose a question. Why? Fraud is a pretty strong accusation, and if proven this type of fraud could ruin someone and send them to jail. So why? Is Hal working for us or against us?
Thanks for this!
You know, I think I might read it myself!
I think i just might aswell!
I think that as with Billy Graham or King David (or anyone else for that matter), the substance of what they said and an evaluation of the things they did are separate issues.

I.e Charlton Heston did a decent job playing Moses, but was also president of the NRA. His liking for rifles may have had little bearing on his cinematic portrayals.
Really Red? Did you miss this part??? This is inexcusable.
In 2007, Lindsey told viewers of his television show that Zion Oil and Gas, a Texas-based hydrocarbon exploration company, was "on the verge of discovering oil," and that this points to the imminent return of the Messiah.

@DavidSon
Did you pick up on "spiritual mobilization" that was mentioned in the the California talk i posted in the NWO thread?

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
If "visions" of the coming Panopticon made it into 80s pop culture ( see THIS and THIS as quick examples ), its likely that whoever seeded them there must have tried seeding elsewhere too ;)

Thanks for this! Why have i never bothered doing this before (hits side if the head 3 times) given how much i rail against these types? Maybe that's because i already see them as agents. Anyway, you've put me onto something and iam going to dig further. I'll report back as soon as i find some gems.

I think i just might aswell!

Really Red? Did you miss this part??? This is inexcusable.
In 2007, Lindsey told viewers of his television show that Zion Oil and Gas, a Texas-based hydrocarbon exploration company, was "on the verge of discovering oil," and that this points to the imminent return of the Messiah.

@DavidSon
Did you pick up on "spiritual mobilization" that was mentioned in the the California talk i posted in the NWO thread?
I wonder... eventually oil was was discovered in the Golan Heights and a massive gas reserve in the Med, by way of the Leviathan gas field. Working back, assuming the spoil that Gog and friends in Ezekiel 38 may be looking for could be oil and gas resources, and based on the assumption that this war might take place at the beginning of the Tribulation, I can see his logic...

Karlysymon

Superstar
I wonder... eventually oil was was discovered in the Golan Heights and a massive gas reserve in the Med, by way of the Leviathan gas field. Working back, assuming the spoil that Gog and friends in Ezekiel 38 may be looking for could be oil and gas resources, and based on the assumption that this war might take place at the beginning of the Tribulation, I can see his logic...
I understand. Axl(something) brought up the oil thing in another thread. But do we really need those kinds of things? The bible is already replete with its own markers about the second coming. If the discovery of oil in the Golan heights was such a big deal, don't you think God would have revealed it to John or Paul? Its these things that cause confusion, in my opinion anyway.

Karlysymon

Superstar
CIA operatives also helped begin the Campus Crusade for Christ as a right-wing political organization also aimed at patriotizing Christians. Hal Lindsey came out of the CCC.
If you remember it being mentioned here, Campus Crusades had an annual budget of half a billion dollars.

Edit: which i guess explains this
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2009/may/06/afghanistan-us-soldiers-christianity

Last edited:

Thunderian

Superstar
Thats it!!!!
Thats the one!!! Omg...

Did you have any others?
I had The Cross and the Switchblade, The hiding place, God's Smuggler, and others.

The proper books were all around too, but mostly I liked the comics (I was a kid).

OMG, I have never met anyone who has ever read these!!!
All my friends had 2000AD, and marvel stuff.
But they were forbidden to me...
Spire Comics. I had them all, even the faux Archie ones.

My favourite was this one

B8FBA78D-2040-443C-8114-193565A16E8B.jpeg

Thunderian

Superstar
The current futurism craze that is sweeping Christianity, which originated in the 70s with Hal Lindsey, and was later popularized by Tim Lahaye, was begun by the CIA as a means to politicize Christians toward the right-wing.
The pre-trib position predates the CIA by a couple thousand years, but whatever.

AlcyoneSong

Established
The CIA manipulated Christianity, specifically futurist eschatology

Additionally, this effort by the CIA is also attached to each of the most famous charismatic movements since the late 60s, most notably the Jesus Movement, and by extension the Calvary Chapel semi-denominational group. The Jesus Movement spun off several other charismatic movements: Wimber's Vineyard movement, the Kansas City Prophets, the Pensacola Revival and the Toronto Blessing. Hence, without realizing it, the charismatic/signs-and-wonders movement has been an impetus of the CIA push at patriotizing Christians. CIA operatives also helped begin the Campus Crusade for Christ as a right-wing political organization also aimed at patriotizing Christians. Hal Lindsey came out of the CCC.

The Council for National Policy, begun by Tim Lahaye, is full of former CIA operatives: including Oliver North, Chuck Missler and George Bush Sr who was a director of the CIA. Its primary membership is made up of wealthy right-wingers and a veritable who's-who of Christian pastors and teachers who push the futurist eschatological position in an effort to steer citizen support for right-wing foreign policy.

The founder of Blackwater, Erik Prince, is also a member of the CNP. Blackwater was the private mercenary firm employed by American businesses like Halliburton in Afghanistan following the American invasion of that country.

Pat Matrisciana was the CIA operative who worked with Chuck Smith and Bill Bright to startup the Jesus Freaks and Campus Crusade. He currently serves as a board member for Koinonia House, the ministry of Chuck Missler (himself a CIA operative, who credits Hal Lindsey with recruiting him into ministry under the umbrella of Chuck Smith). Matrisciana is also a member of the CNP.

The below article doesn't get into specific operations, but it points out that the CIA admitted to manipulating Christian organizations during the 60s and 70s
http://www.rt.com/op-edge/north-korea-usa-cia-639/
That’s a lot of work for the CIA, I mean the big question is “why”? Why would the CIA benefit from this? What does the CIA gain from this?
beyond creating an anti-communist, anti-p***phile, family focused, freedom loving country? I really don’t quite know why Christianity is the CIA choice when their M.O. has been anything but...

AlcyoneSong

Established