Hal Lindsey - Late, Great Planet Earth

Karlysymon

Superstar
Oh dear clutch your Pearls there are Christians in the military who might be following their great commission.
When i posted that Guardian link, i wasn't completely writing out the Great Commission as the cause because that's the obvious impression one gets when reading the article. What is less obvious is Campus Crusade's influence in shaping the "crusader" narrative that so came to dominate the language of the war on terror. To whose benefit was it shape the war effort in a good battling evil terms?

AlcyoneSong

Established
When i posted that Guardian link, i wasn't completely writing out the Great Commission as the cause because that's the obvious impression one gets when reading the article. What is less obvious is Campus Crusade's influence in shaping the "crusader" narrative that so came to dominate the language of the war on terror. To whose benefit was it shape the war effort in a good battling evil terms?
Maybe but the crusader narrative has been around long before campus crusade for Christ... just in the Middle East it triggers that jihad spirit in the people. Similar to Dixie and the stars and bars in the South.

DavidSon

Star
Did you pick up on "spiritual mobilization" that was mentioned in the the California talk i posted in the NWO thread?
Yes! I definitely heard that part but it wasn't until a 2nd video that I'm now putting names and dates together. Learning about this wing of US fascist/corporate Christian power for the first time is stunning. An excerpt I wanted to share about SM:

The Great Depression saw the revival of public interest in the Social Gospel — the idea that Christianity ought to be more concerned with the common good than individual salvation. Businessmen like J. Howard Pew (of Sun Oil) and Harvey Firestone didn't like the emphasis on what they saw as "collectivism," so they decided they needed to partner with a group of like minded individuals who would help them advance their capitalistic agenda. Who to turn to?

Reverend James Fifield was especially beloved by his flock — First Congregational Church in Los Angeles — and was the free enterprise-loving clergy that Pew, Firestone, and their cohort needed. Through leaning on an organization called Spiritual Mobilization, Fifield and these wealthy corporate leaders helped ministers to see how the domestic support of FDR's New Deal, which Fifield and others saw as creeping progressivism, was more than just a political nuisance — it was a spiritual threat. Their fear was the emphasis on collectivism, which religious leaders argued diminished the importance of the individual as presented in the gospel of Jesus Christ, which they saw as elevating personal salvation above communal identity.
https://digg.com/2015/the-invention-of-christian-american

The quote in bold says a lot about the source and purpose of their alien theology.

This chapter from the book Ordo Ab Chao by David Livingstone goes into amazing detail about the illicit melding of multi-national corporate/financial powers with fascist and libertine political ideals, sanctified by their twisted versions of Christianity. As Adams said they invented a religion to bless their insane machinations.The history is unbelievable. They don't teach us in school there was coup planned by the American Liberty League against Roosevelt's administration! This is a long chapter covering the America First Committee, the Family, the Freedom School, Prayer Breakfast, etc.- affiliations between all the 20th century Libertarian Christian cults that have led to the wickedness we're battling today.

It's a giant topic and I hope to write more about. As always I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks again for the lead.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Yes! I definitely heard that part but it wasn't until a 2nd video that I'm now putting names and dates together. Learning about this wing of US fascist/corporate Christian power for the first time is stunning. An excerpt I wanted to share about SM:

https://digg.com/2015/the-invention-of-christian-american

The quote in bold says a lot about the source and purpose of their alien theology.

This chapter from the book Ordo Ab Chao by David Livingstone goes into amazing detail about the illicit melding of multi-national corporate/financial powers with fascist and libertine political ideals, sanctified by their twisted versions of Christianity. As Adams said they invented a religion to bless their insane machinations.The history is unbelievable. They don't teach us in school there was coup planned by the American Liberty League against Roosevelt's administration! This is a long chapter covering the America First Committee, the Family, the Freedom School, Prayer Breakfast, etc.- affiliations between all the 20th century Libertarian Christian cults that have led to the wickedness we're battling today.

It's a giant topic and I hope to write more about. As always I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks again for the lead.
Thanks. I used to read Livingstone's blog (http://www.conspiracyschool.com/) quite a bit back in the day. Its been a while since i visited and now i see it has a different name. I hate it when these things happen and articles disappear.